4 Wheel of Torture
4 Howling Mine
4 Mind's Eye
4 Geth's Grimoire
4 Words of Waste

Lands
17 Swamp
3 Cabal Coffers

I just made the decklist for this but I think I need more defences because this deck looks like its going to get targeted a lot. any ideas?

R

Rooser

Good ol' Anvil of Bo-Garden can make your life a bit easier in terms of keeping the damage on, though it doesn't give you a lock on cards, like mid's eye + Waste + Grimoire do. An ensnaring bridge might could do good too, depends on how you want to play it.

Mindslicer, (especially if coupled with Diabolic Intent), is an extremely underrated card.

It's good deck, but it needs a bit more speed and focus. You have too many mass -x/-x effects. Yoy could vary the removal a bit more, and work in some more card drawing/ searching.

N

NorrYtt

20 lands, especially 3 of them Coffers, will not work for most any multiplayer deck with that kind of mana curve.

T

train

The main reason I mention the pains - is because it can draw you a ton of cards in MP games...;)

S

ShamanXellos

I put in 4 sol rings and 4 Noetic Scales to replace the wheel of tortures and the massacres

D

DeathMaster666

I thought Sol Ring was restricted. If it is, use 1x Sol Ring, 1x Grim Monolith, 1x Mana Vault, and 1x Mox (Chrome, Diamond, Jet, etc.)

H

Homestar

wow, 20 lands..... i usually make about 40% of my decks mana. escpecially if ur gonna use consume spirit. that could be deadly.:cool: i have a really good combo for a discard deck. use panoptic mirror and imprint Wrench Mind onto it. then you can make copy of Wrench Mind for free and use them :D .

Snap, Crackle POP!!!!!!!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Homestar
wow, 20 lands..... *cough* RETARD *cough* i usually make about 40% of my decks mana. escpecially if ur gonna use consume spirit. that could be deadly.:cool: i have a really good combo for a discard deck. use panoptic mirror and imprint Wrench Mind onto it. then you can make copy of Wrench Mind for free and use them :D .

Snap, Crackle POP!!!!!!!
What does that mean?

S

ShamanXellos

The place I play casual most of the ppl don't care about legal decks, and I always make my decks with 30% mana, sorry if thats not how u do it but I'm not u am I?
who the **** plays wrech mind in casual MP anyways? If I wanted to put something on the Panoptic Mirror w/ this deck it would be Syphon Mind and Mutilate.

C

Captain Caveman

I'd like to suggest something like this:

4 Innocent Blood
2 Syphon Soul
3 Syphon Mind
3 Bottle Gnomes
3 Expunge
2 Bane of the Living
2 Decree of Pain
2 Skeleton Shard
**2 Bottomless Pit
2 Engineered Plague
**2 Megrim
2 Mindslicer
1 Reiver Demon
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Yawgmoth's Will
1 Scion of Darkness
1 Visara the Dreadful/Avatar of Woe

23 Swamps
1 Sol Ring
1 Cabal Coffers
1 Volrath's Stronghold

Megrim/Pit will draw a_lot_ of attention but MP discard will usually do that. Scion can be awesome in MP if he sticks around very log.
Expunge cycle's if you can not target something. Shards and V.S will get your creatures back from the graveyard. Bottle Gnomes/
Shards is three life each turn at a cost of four mana.

R

Reverend Love

Megrim
Memory Jar
Urza's Guilt
Syphon Mind

So on and so forth add nausem.

H

Homestar

what does what mean oversoul?

and for shaman xellos,

i meant to say i RECCOMEND 40% mana. but i guess thats just cuz my decks call for a lto of mana. n e way, i didnt meen to be a jackoink. and i said wrench mind cuz i dont have any mutilates or those other things soo i dont kno what they do.

S

seikojin

4 megrim
4 dark ritual
2 panoptic mirrors
2 stupors
2 wrench minds
2 death clouds
2 spectors shroud
2 wispersilk cloak
1 wheel of fortune (will have 2 or more soon)
1 hymn to tourach
1 Breathstealers crypt
1 howling mine
1 mana breach
1 bottomless pit (would like 2 or 3)
1 wirefly hive
1 mangara's tome1 mecrogen mists
then a bunch of low casting cost creatures with discard abilities only, thrulls, and specters work... I have 8 total... not a great distribution... buit this isnt about you keeping your life, its abouttagging wheel of fortune onto the mirror,

Theres cards that are useful... but im not in the position to continue, drunk, ehheheheh)

H

Homestar

Xellos i thought this was a DISCARD DECK. so if ur gonna make it a good one then i would imprint a card that makes a player DISCARD cards, hince the name DISCARD deck

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Okay, it's more clear now, Homestar. I wasn't sure exactly what you meant in that first post, but I think we're on the same page here. On the issue, 40% looks like it would be closer to optimal than 30% in this deck, unless a lot of other mana acceleration is in order (Dark Ritual is a definite for inclusion, of course, but isn't enough by itself). The original list with 17 Swamps and 3 Coffers can easily be improved. Coffers have a significant amount of power late game, as I've seen often in multiplayer, but with only 17 Swamps, you're not going to get their full potential. I would up the land count in any case (to 22-24 lands really) and probably decrease the amount of Coffers by one unless you're going to go rather Swamp-heavy, but that's not as important of a point...

Now, it looks like Wheel of Fortune imprinted onto Mirror, once Megrim is out would spell death to opponents if it were pulled off. The individual card that can make Megrim the most powerful though, is Memory Jar.

My favorite trick I used to use in MP discard was Megrim in a deck with Memory Jar and Urza's Guilt for mass damage to opponents.

H

Homestar

JESUS THANK YOU OVERSOUL!!!! FINALLY SOME ON WHO ACTUALLY AGREES WITH ME.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
lol, Homestar...

Hmm...

Harder to use Megrim with the restricted list than I realized at first...

Still, if a good deck can get Jar out, it will probably win...

T

train

I like your words oversoul...

"probably..."

It's amazing how much actually comes down to the player, and the randomization of the deck...;)