Multiplayer decks

Discussion in 'CPA Voting Forum' started by nodnarb24, Sep 7, 2000.

1. nodnarb24 Supreme Overlord/The Rat King

Tag guard

What is your favorite deck to use in multiplayer games?

I like to use an artifact deck with a splash of red(Mana Flares). Multiplayer allows me to build up and play it slow. Then when i have enough mana from mana flares and kyren toys, I rocket lauch everyone to death. There's nothing that compares to the feeling you get when you kill the whole table with a rocket launcher. Rocket launcher might not be very good but they can be very fun if you have lots of mana.
  2. Darsh Corrupt CPA Member

My favorite would have to be my Pestilence deck (I love to shut other decks down), but if I could ever get the cards for it I would like to try a Gravepact deck.
  3. Thrash Golem New Member

hey darsh, i got this pestilence deck 2.. lets compare decklists:

Artifacts:
    4x Urza's Armor

Black:
    4x Hymn to Tourach
    4x Pestilence
    4x Dark Ritual
    2x Death Pits of Rath
    1x Demonic Tutor

White:
    4x White Knight
    4x Order of the White Shield
    4x Order of Leitbur
    4x Seal of Cleansing
    3x Enlightened Tutor

Land:
    9x Plains
    9x Swamps
    4x Scrubland

It only wins in huge games cuz it takes a while to get out.
  4. Namielus Phrexian Plaguelord

My favorite for multiplayer has to be turbodeck'n

Deck'n
    4x Millstones
    4x Grindstones
    1x Whetstone
    1x Helm of Obedience

Extra Mana
    4x Thran Dynamo
    2x Fellwar Stone
    2x Worn Powerstone
    2x Sky Diamond
    2x Thran Turbine

Dealing With Threats
    4x Denying Wind
    2x Null Brooch
    2x Confiscate
    2x War Tax

Other
    4x Tormod's Crypt
    3x Well of Discovery
    1x Phyrexian Furnace

Land
    16x Islands
    4x Crystal Vein
  5. Elrond Veteran CPA Lurker

My personal favorite would have to be my giant 100+ card green deck with 4 Hermits, 4 Squirrel Wranglers, 2 Coat of Arms, 4 Vitalizing Winds, 4 Overruns, 4 Might of Oaks, and various other green bullies and mana elves for fun. It takes a while to get started but once I get out two Priests or a Poacher the games just about wrapped up.
  6. Killer Joe Active Member

This deck can appear very weak, but don't be fooled, next thing you know, WHAM!, who's got total board control? Me.
    This is my signature deck and totally demonstrates my favorite play style, slow and methodical. Almindhra has lost to this deck. It's embarrassing to lose to this deck.

"Erratic-Spikes" by Mark Ortego
    Artifacts
    3x Erratic Portal
    Blue
    4x Counterspell
    4x Mana Leak
    2x Forbid
    2x Capsize
    4x Propaganda
    Gold
    1x Phelddagrif
    Green
    3x Spike Weaver
    3x Spike Feeder
    4x Wall of Blossoms
    3x Gaea's Blessing
    1x Sylvan Library
    1x Abundance
    White
    3x Wrath of God
    1x Land Tax
    2x Seal of Cleansing
    Lands
    1x Flood Plains
    1x Grassland
    2x Tropical Islands
    1x Savanna
    1x Tundra
    4x Plains
    5x Islands
    5x Forest
  7. Darsh Corrupt CPA Member

Here's my Pestilence deck

2xUrza's Armor (all I own)
    2xBottle Gnomes (yahoo were fizzy!)
    4xWall of Junk

4xPestilence (can you believe it's a common?!?!)
    4xDark Ritual
    2xCemetery Gate (all I own)
    2xVampiric Tutor (all I own)

4xDesciple of Grace
    3xNightwind Bliders
    3xDeath Speakers (all I own)
    2xVoice of Grace
    2xWall of Glare (all I own)
    2xEnlightened Tutor (all I own)
    1xWorship (all I own)
    1xPariah (all I own)

2xCities of Brass (all I own)
    11xPlains
    11xSwamps

I got a question for you ThrashGolem do you often have trouble with the double white cc creatures? I know I did when I tried them. I hope Invasion has some good cards for a Pestilence style deck.

[Edited by Darsh on September 8th, 2000 at 05:58 PM]
  8. Apollo Bird Boy

Yellowjacket: Looks good, but it needs more Pheldagriffs :)

My favorite deck is a mono-green Spike deck that slowly sets up with Wildebeests and Spike Weaver and stuff. It's too hard to kill, so everyone ignores it. They kill each other off, and then I suddenly overrun to finish off the last guy :) It works really well.
  9. nodnarb24 Supreme Overlord/The Rat King

Tag Guard

I LOVE widebeests. They are one of the best creature cards for green. They have so many posssiblities, especially with spikes.
  10. Thrash Golem New Member

Darsh: nah, i got scrublands :) :) :) :)

and the foil plains always float to the top
  11. Cerberus New Member

My favorite deck is a Secret Force deck that I have been working on for years. It is only good in five player multiplayer or less anthing after that is will most likely die do to ganging up mostly but it is by far the one I like to play the most in multiplayer even if I know I will die.
  12. krichaiushii New Member

I prefer variations on the G/B lots of creatures, creature removal, graveyard manipulation decks.

Though my squirrel deck runs a close second...
  13. Fire Slinger Vetern CPA Member Pyromananic

I been fiddling around with Pyromancy, and man this is a mean deck. I also most always win, or I'm one of the last to survive.

Artifacts
    4 Grim Monoliths
    2 Thran Dyamnos
    4 Voltaic Key
    2 Temporal Aperature
    Creatures
    4 Avatar of Fury
    3 Phyrexian Colossus
    4 Avalanche Riders
    Red Spells
    4 Pyromancy
    4 Shock
    4 Searing Wind
    4 Wildfire
    Lands
    22 Mountains

This deck is the reason I've been trying to trade for 4 Cave-ins and 2 more Temporal Aperature.
  14. Hetemti The Wide-Awake Nightmare

I have an Aperture. PM me with an offer if you are interested.
  15. galtwish Loudmouth

Yellowjacket:
    I forgot oyu were the guy with erratic spikes! That deck rules!

My personal preference is to play my 5 Color deck, which is a G/U/r/b/w 250 card deck that basicly functions like Rec/Sur Tradewind until I start an infinite Blastoderm/Avalanche Riders/Spike Weaver/Spike Feeder recursion method, Morphling beats, or just start tossing out Fireballs for 20. It is slow, but it can bust a turn 4 Sol'Kanar or Masticore when needed. Other than than, I like playing Black with Blue and Red splashes or R/W blow up the world decks.

Erik
  16. Ogg New Member

Yes, well, Cerberus, there's a reason everyone gangs up on you. A)You spend too much time on that deck, and B)It's a pretty good deck!
  17. Gerode Becoming a Lurker Again

4 Humility
    2 Allay
    4 Bullwhip
    3 Dragon Blood
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Glorious Anthem
    3 Gerrard's Battle Cry
    1 Honor Guard
    2 Metrognome
    2 Monk Idealist
    2 Nomads en-Kor
    2 Oath of Lieges
    1 Opalescence
    4 Orim's Prayer
    3 Ornithopter
    2 Phyrexian Walker
    1 Planar Collaspe
    3 Soltari Foot Soldier
    1 Squee's Toy
    1 Topple
    1 Tundra Wolves
    11 Plains
    3 Ruins of Trokair
    1 Kor Haven

This deck is infamous among my group as being incredibly annoying (I like being obnoxious!). I have had my own teammates kill me while playing this deck!

This deck almost always wins if it can keep Humility in play (It's VERY unusual when it is still in play on my next turn). Orim's Prayer, Bullwhip, and Gerrard's Battle Cry are simply broken when Humility is on the table. Even if Humility comes into play with a huge sign saying "DISENCHANT ME!" to all the white mages, the cards seem to have such great synergy that it can still win many games.
    15 Lands looks insane, but usually I can draw an Oath of Lieges (or Tutor for it), and stay right with my other opponents. Without Oath of Lieges, this deck would be toast in a lot of games. No one ever counters or disenchants it, though.
  18. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

Probably my island sanctuary deck. In multiplayer it just sits there, helping most players and, in small ways, deterring attacks. It just waits... And waits... They'll deck themselves eventually.
  19. Cerberus New Member

I like to play a secret force deck that is fast very fast I like to control as fast as I can
  20. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

Um, your secret force deck gets killed nearly as fast as my colossus deck....