MtOA players.

B

BigBlue

Email me your decks at jasonk@missoulafcu.org

They should be either in text or .dec format. I will figure out how to keep track of them.

Also, you need to pm me your number between 1 and 100 if you haven't done that yet.

Once I have all of them, I'll give you a start day. (likely Jan 6th). I'd like to have the decks by the 3rd if you can.

B

BigBlue

Apparently Today may have been a bit premature... We'll shoot for Next Wednesday starting date, with Decks due on Monday.

B

BigBlue

So far, I've gotten one submission. Are you all waiting until the last minute? Somehow I don't think anyone wanted this to be solotaire. :)

T

train

Working on the Deck now - you should have it this afternoon...

B

BigBlue

I have 3 decks so far... RK, Train, and Spidey... I know there were others who sounded interested.... Hopefully they'll catch this link and get me a deck today.

I will accept them tomorrow as well if need be.

My final verdict is going to be M$ Excel to keep track of decks. I just have to write some sort of shuffling algorithm for it ...

But it will be the most portable and easiest to keep track of decks for me from work or home.

T

train

A1... =RAND()*80
A2...=IF(RAND()*80=A1,RAND()*80,RAND()*80)

That might help - then copy it to every cell...

J

Jigglypuff

Quick, what's the format? Is it 1.5 tribal?

And why do I need to PM you a number between 1 and 100? Did I miss something here?

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Check the MtOA thread right under this one; if your settings are Last 10 Days and it isn't there, go to 20 or 30 days. I think it is 1.5 Tribal though.

1-100 determines the starting player.

T

train

Sorry Bigblue... I didn't change the limit - that was something I was working on...

Try:

A1... =RAND()*60
A2... =IF(RAND()*60=A1,RAND()*60,RAND()*60)

That might help - then copy the formula for A2 into every cell through it to every cell through A60...
The only problem is that the random numbers can sometimes repeat... so just re-run the command and it should bring up different numbers...

Tha bad thing about this is that it would be just numbers - not names listed and you'd have to assign the cards a specific number so when it comes up you could then list the card...

B

BigBlue

OK. I now have all the decks and I'm feverishly working on how to shuffle them and track them easilly....

I intend to start tomorrow. I'll give the draws to everyone then.

JP, I need a number between 1 and a 100 to determine your starting place...

Closest to my number goes first, second closest goes second ....

In the case of a tie, I'll roll a d6, 1-3 for the low player and 4-6 for the high player...

B

BigBlue

Oh my goodness...

Train. I accidentally deleted your deck. please resend it.... I'm so sorry. Email or PM. doesn't matter much.

JP, I need your number asap, otherwise you'll be last... (not to say that if you do pick a number you wouldn't be anyways.....) :)

But, I have the other decks ready to go. I found a quick and dirty way to randomize decks, it isn't the best I'll grant you, but it works. I will admit to automulligans. but it will be fair. If you get no lands in your initial 7 cards, I'll reshuffle, just as I will if you get all lands. I wouldn't want anyone getting mana screwed from the onset due to a weak shuffle method. other than that, I won't do any other tweaks. And you may paris if you feel the need to.

So, when you get your opening hand, in order we'll need a declaration of paris or not. I can't tell you the order yet (until I get JP's number)...

And until train resends his deck, I'll hold off on the hands. Thanks.

In case anyone is wondering about the **quick and dirty** shuffling method. I listed out all the cards in excel in a single column. Then I created a column next to it of random numbers ( =rand() ). Then all you have to do is select both columns and sort by the random numbers. I repeat the sort several times and voila, shuffled deck. If you try this, you'll see that once it's sorted xcel will make new random numbers, so they won't be in order. But you can simply resort to shuffle again. It may not be a great simulation of shuffling (as I'd hoped to do), but it is quick and effective.

Also spidey. if you could unsticky this thread and do the next thread I start here, with the turn order I'd appreciate it. I don't think we need to look at all this pre-work forever...

J

Jigglypuff

I coulda sworn I already sent you my number. Well, I sent it to you just a few seconds ago.

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I Unstickied this one but I won't do the other one as I expect people will post regularly in there. I only Stickyed this one 'cause I didn't expect people to post and wanted to keep a mention around of the deck deadline.