MTG Salvation

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
This is the site that the "defectors" from MTGnews.com have moved to. I've introduced myself (plus started an off-topic battle) and have gotten the impression that they are a bit less.... casual than our site. Anybody else been there?

www.mtgsalvation.com

Ransac, cpa trash man

J

jorael

yeah I registered myself yesterday. I'll probably only be lurking at that site for the spoilers.

I don't know how 'casual' they are, but I don't care. CPA is, that's enough for me :)

R

Reverend Love

After browsing their forum for about twenty minutes I noticed a reoccurring theme. Angst. Lots and lots of young angry men.

I'll pass..

N

Notepad

Yeah I checked out their forums and its really a very psychotic place. All sorts of kids whiny about their crappy high schools and their trendy crap. Way too much angst. And, the whole drama over "The End of the World is Nigh, MTGNews' fall is the prophecy!"

Yeah, waste of time over there.

J

jorael

I'm visiting the casual threads regularly now. Unfortunately casual often means 'not tier one tournament deck' :rolleyes:

There are a lot of newbs who have the foggiest idea about deckbuilding and they aren't getting much help on the Salvation boards (except a comment like 'uuh lose the bad cards'). Sometimes I reply to decks, but I don't get the idea it's very much appreciated or even read. :mad:

N

Notepad

I totally hear ya, man. One of the prime reasons I just stopped caring to write. It's not just in forums. All across the net, people just don't give a ****. It's sad, really. So much speed and overinformation, its like readers expect only the biggest tech to win the weekend's tournament.

And if you aren't offering that, well, good day to you, sir! Now don't let my boot hit you on the way out!

You're likely experiencing a bit of that with your forum advice. Of course, MTGNews/Salvation always had the worst of the forum monkeys (I think SCG has the worst trolls).

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by jorael
I'm visiting the casual threads regularly now. Unfortunately casual often means 'not tier one tournament deck' :rolleyes:

There are a lot of newbs who have the foggiest idea about deckbuilding and they aren't getting much help on the Salvation boards (except a comment like 'uuh lose the bad cards'). Sometimes I reply to decks, but I don't get the idea it's very much appreciated or even read. :mad:
Perhaps we could use this to our advantage. If you find someone that would like some constructive criticism on deck-building send them here. If their admins frown on providing a link to our site, just private message them. I'm sure that some of them would appreciate it and everyone can reap the rewards :)

-Ferret

"Lost the bad cards? But, there aren't any bad cards!"

J

jorael

Originally posted by Ferret
Perhaps we could use this to our advantage. If you find someone that would like some constructive criticism on deck-building send them here. If their admins frown on providing a link to our site, just private message them. I'm sure that some of them would appreciate it and everyone can reap the rewards :)

-Ferret

"Lost the bad cards? But, there aren't any bad cards!"

Good thinking! I already had the adress of CPA in my signature:

"ww.casualplayer.org for mulitplayer and funky deck ideas :)"

If you have a better suggestion for a sig, let me know. I'll also be using that sig at MiseTings. That is also a forum where magicv players looking for casual deck inspiritation won't be helped...

Killer Joe

We want the funk, gotta have that funk (rinse and repeat).

Sample Sig:

"Casual Players Alliance, you know, Magic for the rest of us"

~or~

"The CPA: Let's get CASUAL"

~or~

"We're the Casual Players Alliance, people you can trust"

~or~

"Another 0-2 tournament? Maybe you should burn your card and come talk with us: The CPA, getting it right from the start."

okay, that's it for me :)

N

Notepad

I think he means literally. Less casual than us. Less about fun and enjoyment, and more about acting like angst-ridden little turds who can't get enough Nickelodeon in their lives.

"What, Spongebob isn't on for another HALF HOUR?!?! I will just freaking DIE!!!!!"

C

Chaos Turtle

[LIE]Why no, I've never been there. What is this "Salvation?"
[FORCE PERSUADE]There is no Salvation. Why don't you just forget about the whole thing?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
[LIE]Why no, I've never been there. What is this "Salvation?"
[FORCE PERSUADE]There is no Salvation. Why don't you just forget about the whole thing?
Too many Star Wars games, CT?

N

Notepad

The whole thing would be one giant waste of time to pay attention to, and everyone could just ignore it. Except for one aspect:

Spoilers.

The good part of MTGNews' spoiler department, that is, R_E and his constituants, went over to Salvation. That is the one and only reason to pay attention to those forums.

Unless, of course, you're 13, spent the day faking sick from school, and got to watch all the Spongebob and Degrassi you could ever want. And want to brag about it...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Ransac
I tried to start a Word Association thread and they deleted it.
Did they have an Off-Topic forum? There was a time, long, long ago, where we might have deleted it too before the Off-Topic forum came into existence :)

Originally posted by SeFRo
The good part of MTGNews' spoiler department, that is, R_E and his constituants, went over to Salvation.
Well, in that case, you just need to visit every three months or so... :)

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Spiderman
Well, in that case, you just need to visit every three months or so... :)
Yes, exactly. You might wanna know the url. Just don't plan on spending a lot of time over there. Besides, the ironic thing is MTGNews takes what Salvation posts/finds and justs posts it on their page anyway. So, basically, the front page never really changed for MTGNews. The forum they snag their info has. All the nerd drama over nothing.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Originally posted by Spiderman
Did they have an Off-Topic forum? There was a time, long, long ago, where we might have deleted it too before the Off-Topic forum came into existence :)
Yes, they have something similar: An Outside Magic forum. They said to post anything else there. However, after I started it, they moved it to the Games forum, where that mod promptly deleted, stating that "The Games Forum is not for mindless games". I sent a PM, asking where such a thread as Word Association could be placed, to which he replied to me "I consulted the other mods and admins. We determined such a thread has no place on this site, for the time being."

I almost flamed/spammed a black storm after they sent that. But, I kept my composure and merely slaughtered every first grader at the school across the street.

Ransac, cpa trash man