MTG Random name generator?

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

hello all. At one point in time, i had a magic random name generator which took from 3 different text files and do random suffixes and prefixes. Im sure this is possibly one of the easiest programs to write. I just know diddily about programming.

Anyone know where i can find a simple software like that. I got some really good ones out of it. With the 300dpi card templates i made, print quality is never a problem. The 2 problems being a name for the card, and an image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

D

DÛke

Your brain.

I assume it can make up more names, and kinda takes out the random factor.

F

Force of Will Smith

Hmm ok. 7,000+ cards in existence, some with prefixes or suffixes only used once.and some with 2 suffixes. so yeah i can narrow down 15-21,000 choices off the top of my head.

Guess, youre right. All i have to do is write down every prefix and suffix i can think of off the top of my head... and playing for only 10 years that list should be really small...lets see.

sulfuric/mogg/songs/endemic/ice/alabaster/thalakos/black/mists of/white/fire/soulless/Darksteel/blazing/possessed/breeding/blood/keldon/
frost/bottomless/torrential/Wall/wildfire/spitting/crimson/burning/suq'ata/
dauthi/lord of/rag/disciple/arbound/call/glacial/sorceress/endless/ice/calming/forbidden/
Orcish/junk/myr/death/carnival/keeper of/grim/ice/dawn/tel-jihad/viashino/grinning/ice/Rolling/elf/dark/seething/elvish/riptide/lesser/
greater/cosmic/lava/fury/

of blood/of whisper/retriever/diver/matrix/of ice/of fire/warlord/giant/beebles/of the dead/of stone/wall/demon/djinn/of ice/Stones/cap/of the ages/emissary/blast/bomb/urchin/slug/quadrapod/queen/assassin/of ice/king/the damned/raider/pit/herder/artillery/conscripts/of autumn/mangler/of the dead/strider/reminder/of ice/fanatic/dart/larva/lust/song/ritual/grip/spider/seer/cheetah//

etc,etc,etc, you get the idea.

Besides i have too many fakes to try and think up individual names. If i use a generator i'd get combinations that'd never occur to me.. like a crap common from homelands with a suffix from mirrodin.

btw. the word ice, or of ice repeats 8 times above. Imagine how repetitive things could be if i had 700 of each. You think wizards comes up with set ideas in advance from brainstorming each individual card?

Wall of Heat/Heat Ray/Glacial Ray/Ray of Command/Word of Command
Feast of the unicorn/vampiric feast/Vampiric Embrace/Dauthi Embrace
Preferred Selection/Unnatural Selection
Dark Ritual/Forbidden Ritual/Cabal Ritual
braingeyser/manageyser
Kobold Overlord/Lord of the Undead/Undead Warchief
brainstorm/lightning storm
helm of obedience/helm of possession/
cunning wish/cunning linguist/
possessed centaur/centaur warrior
Blistering Firecat/Firecat Blitz
Seething Song/Songs of the Damned