MP Variants.

B

BigBlue

What are your favorite Multiplayer Variants?

When we haven't got enough for Emporer, we really like 2-Headed Giant - not the "regular" version though.

We play it so each team has a pooled life total of 40 life and both players play at the same time. Players can't share mana. When you declare your attack you must declare at the same time and announce which *player* you are attacking (for things like Hippie Specter, landwalk, or **special** things like Propaganda.) Global damage like Earthquake and Inferno only affect each team once instead of doubling up.

I'm looking for new ideas. I'm not interested in complicated formats, we like to keep it simple (no special deck formats or chaos rules). What I'd really like is a better way of playing when there are an odd number of players, because Axis and Allies - oops, I mean 3 way FFA blows.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't really played enough variants to say which is a favorite - pretty much all my group plays is simple teams or FFA. They don't want to branch out too much :)

T

train

Musical Decks is nice...

After every 2 turns - everyone leaves their card hand and cards on the table, gets up, and moves one spot to the right or left... Then sits down and plays that deck for 2 turns...

Talk about strategy...

N

Nightstalkers

have a normal two on two (Doesn't sound right:eek:) with one person as the chaos player...

You cannot attack the chaos player until youve "killed" one of the players for the other team. The chaos player may attack anyone he/she wishes. Any spells that the chaos player plays that targets one player, effects all players not including him\herself.

just made it up as the computer editted it in. Hope you enjoy!

Another great variant for 4 player is: Mahem

A normal match between two one on one matches. Creatures attack only the person your paired w/ and spells can be used against anyone. The winners of both games fight a "final battle" and may use any cards in the deck player that they have beaten.