MP - Ugly Wish deck

M

Mikeymike

I need help trying to find a good finisher for this deck, but the idea is to Wish for whatever you need to support you/save your sorry butt from annihilation. Its been running through my head all day, as I spent 3 hours organizing my 'Stuff I'd like to play' binder last night.

Creatures 7
4 BoP
3 Spike Weaver

Spells 31
2 Nature's Lore (go fetch a forest)
2 Skyshroud Claim (go fetch forests plural)
4 Burning Wish
3 Cunning Wish
1 Living Wish
3 Mirari (just to be a tool)
2 Nostalgic Dreams (Restock?)
1 Demonic Tutor
4 Impulse (Accumulated Knowledge? FoF is restricted)
4 Syncopate
2 Quash
3 Dueling Grounds (or Collective Restraint depending on what format is being played) - or the Disk maybe?

Mana 22
1 Sol Ring
1 Strip Mine
4 Taiga
4 Tropical Island
4 Savannah
4 Bayou
4 ??

What I'm trying to do with this deck besides annoy the hell out of my group:

Use the Wishes to go fetch out utility spells - I figure certain choices will allow me to do some crazy loops and get stuff I could have some fun using (Time Spiral, Time Stretch, Overrun, WoG, whatever).

Copy a few choice spells with Mirari to make for a few of massive sledgehammers.

Get choice mana with the Nature's Lore and Skyshroud Claims.

What should be my go-to kill card?
What important card(s) am I leaving out?
What threshold gems am I missing? (this thing should have no problems getting to threshold)

Go nuts with it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I really don't have much to say, but maybe include one copy of those spells you mentioned in the main deck? Unless you really want to show off your wishes....

Centaur Root<something> can be used to get land, although maybe you don't want that many creatures.

M

Mikeymike

The idea is not to actually include the big guns in the deck itself, as they will just take up slots. Plus, they won't always be the card I need, but whatever I pull with the wish will be. I specifically want to see if I can win by not actually running the kill card in the deck.

I've got nothing really against creatures, it just so happens that most of my slots are dedicated to search spells. The Centaur Rootcaster shouldn't be necessary as I've got land fetch spells already, plus he can't pull duals.

Questions:
Nostalgic Dreams or Restock?
Dueling Grounds, Larry's Disk, or Pernicious Deed?
Impulse, Accumulated Knowledge, or something else?
1 of those land slots will be a Mox Emerald, but the last 3?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I specifically want to see if I can win by not actually running the kill card in the deck.
That's what I thought, so I have no suggestions :)

Regarding the land, maybe some Wastelands? Mishra's Factories? Beats me.... ;)

M

Mikeymike

Most likely it 1 of those slots will be at least 1 Wasteland (blasted Library of Alexandrias and Mazes of Ith).

T

Tabasco

...how about Firecat Blitz

or You could just Stroke the Genius

or Crush of Wurms (with all that Mana)

either way it would be fun!!!

Hoped I helped