Non-creatures - 18
4 Call of the Wild
3 Kaboom!
4 Worldy Tutor
3 Scroll Rack
2 Reclaim
2 Perncious Deed

Creatures - 18
4 Wood Elves (gets duals, causes shuffle, mana accel)
3 Nightscape Apprentice (nice creaturel protection with call)
2 Phantom Nishoba
1 Cartographer (Stronghold protection, fetches sacked lands and Strip Mine)
1 Draco
1 Avatar of Woe
1 Verdant Force
1 Scrivener
1 Spike Weaver
1 Cloudchaser Eagle
1 Uktabi Orangutan
1 Nekrataal

Mana - 24
1 Sol Ring
1 Strip Mine
2 Volrath's Stronghold
3 Krosan Verge (gets duals, causes shuffle, mana accel)
4 Taiga
4 Tropical Islands
3 Bayou (would be 4, only own 3)
2 Savannah
2 Scrubland
1 Tundra
1 Plateau

What a stupid deck, I can't wait to play it!

N

NorrYtt

Since your deck has morphed into a strange topdeck-fest, I'd make some of these alterations.

Vampiric Tutor over Worldly Tutor for versatility. Call of the Wild gets you card advantage and Phantom Nishoba provides life gain.

Anarchist allows Kaboom! recursion.

MP Big Badda Boom!

Spells (16)
4 Call of the Wild
3 Kaboom!
3 Vampiric Tutor
3 Scroll Rack
1 Reclaim
2 Pernicious Deed

Creatures (20)
4 Birds of Paradise
2 Nightscape Apprentice

1 Draco
1 Avatar of Woe
1 Verdant Force
1 Phantom Nishoba
1 Reya Dawnbringer (big badda boom)

1 Cartographer
1 Scrivener
1 Anarchist
1 Spike Weaver
1 Monk Realist
1 Aura Thief (surprise, I'm blocking)
1 Woodripper
1 Phyrexian Plaguelord
1 Elvish Piper (plan b)

Mana (24)
1 Sol Ring
1 Strip Mine
2 Volrath's Stronghold
3 Krosan Verge
4 Taiga
4 Tropical Islands
3 Bayou
2 Savannah
2 Scrubland
1 Tundra
1 Plateau

J

Jigglypuff

You want to ensure that you get something worth your mana when you Kaboom! You're heavily reliant on your Vampiric Tutors and your Reclaims to set up your plays, so I think that you need at least 3 of each. The deck is also fairly mana-intensive, but you should be able to get enough lands thanks to the Wood Elves and the Krosan Verge. Another interesting problem is that you may end up taking the time to set up a Kaboom! play and then a problem permanent like Worship comes into play and you have to break up the play to deal with it. You really do need an Anarchist to recycle the Kaboom!

That's all I can think of right now.
(- Steve -)

N

NorrYtt

Bloodline Shaman 1G
Creature - Elf Wizard U
T: Choose a creature type. Reveal the top card of your library. If that card is a creature card of the chosen type, put it into your hand. Otherwise, put it into your graveyard.
Every creature of the forest has a name, and she knows them all.
1/1
Rebecca Guay 249/350

He might be 'ok' if you always know the top card of your library. This guy combos with Goblin Spy like no tomorrow!

M

Mikeymike

Badda big boom

OK, I will be building this deck over the course of the next 2 evenings.

Vampiric Tutor vs. Worldly Tutor. The Vampiric is by far the superior of the 2 spells - especially since I don't have to show the card. Usually that won't matter too much as I'll probably be Calling a critter immediately, but it will come in handy. However, it also gives me a heavier black requirement. This worries me because I've got a whopping 5 lands that can produce black. The 2 life does not worry me though.

BoP vs. Wood Elves BoP is a great way to clean out the colors and it does so quickly, but if they die I'm in trouble. Wood Elves, while not particularly speedy, are a much closer to permanent fix. Plus they shuffle the deck for me, which is a nice ability with the Scroll Rack to help clean out the crap.

I like a bunch of your creature choices as well. I'll continue tomorrow cuz I'd like to do some more comparos, I've got to get to bed (1:35)

I

immortal grave walker

I think since your playing MP your missing one key card. That would be (Awakening).Also if you wanna have the whole recycle thing going on Mortuary is fun to play with call of the wild. Just a thought.

M

Mikeymike

Thanks again guys. Please give me your thoughts on the comparisons.

Woodripper vs. Monkey - The monkey is an easy cast, and doesn't kill itself. The Woodripper is a beat-stick and an artifact machine gun. Tough choice, the safer call would probably be the Monkey, but looking at this decklist safety doesn't seem like much of a concern of mine anyway.

Plaguelord vs. Nekrataal - Gotta give the nod to the Taal in this one, although useful I don't really need a sacrifice outlet in this deck when I've got the Nightscape for protection.

Dawnbringer - I think she might be redundant in here. If I don't get the Call out I'm screwed (minus the inclusion of a Piper), and if I get the Call out I shouldn't need her when combined w/ the Stronghold. She's too strong not to consider though

Piper - Good backup plan, plus he's got decent protection in here.

Thief - Hmm, neat call. This could come in handy.

Bloodline Shaman - This guy is really a solid creature, but with the Call I want to be putting the creatures I'm Tutoring for into play.
-----
Steve, I hear you on the dependency of the Tutor/reclaims, and I do want to up the count. Regarding Worship, it (for some strange reason) has not shown up for a very long time in our group. But I probably just jinxed myself.
-----
I can't chance Awakening in here as I've only got a few cards that would really benefit from it while I give my opponents a lot of dangerous ammo.

Mortuary on the other hand is an extremely good idea, and could be a good alternative to Nightscape Apprentices in here, lessening my dependence on U mana. Each has their own pluses and minuses so I've got weight them out.

I

immortal grave walker

First off, I like the wooddripper over the monkey. Since you can get more than one target with it. another back up plan for the Call of the wild could maybe be Quicksilver Amulet. If you happen to use mortuary I would run Ashnod's altar. This just saves your critters from any game removal. Iv'e played a deck like this before. People don't like seeing the same nekrataal over and over.
The green avatar might be good for your deck to. just thoughts.

T

train

I think you should run nothing but Wheel of Fortunes and Timetwisters with a heavy mana base....:D

N

NorrYtt

I make lots of toolbox decks like this one. I was trying to work in different 'outs' so your deck might function even if someone drops Devout Witness for your Calls of the Wild.

Reya -> Plaguelord -> Elvish Piper -> Bloodline Shaman -> Volrath's Stronghold
  • Creatures from graveyard to play -> Reya Dawnbringer
  • Creatures fom play to graveyard -> Phyrexian Plaguelord
  • Creatures from top of library to play -> Call of the Wild, Zoologist
  • Creatures from top of library to hand -> Bloodline Shaman
  • Creatures from hand to top of library -> Scroll Rack
  • Creatures from hand to play -> Elvish Piper, Timmy Power Gamer
  • Creatures from graveyard to top of library -> Volrath's Stronghold
  • Creatures from graveyard to hand -> ? Undertaker ? Oath of Ghouls, Overstocked Cemetery

Mortuary is total crap compared to Haunted Crossroads, BTW.

M

Mikeymike

I built it and got to play 1 MP game. Here are some notes.

Volrath's Stronghold was the most important card I played all game, I either need another or 1 Haunted Crossroads backup. This deck surprisingly turned into a GY recursion deck for the majority of the game b/c I had my Scroll Rack countered.

Reclaim was very important, allowing me to get back a Pernicious Deed that I lost to a counterspell, and a Stronghold that I lost to a Strip Mine.

I could have used Reya in here, she'll probably replace Aura Thief or Sylvan Safekeeper.

Wood Elves were great in here, I had 1 early Elf and 1 early Krosan Verge and combined they totally cleaned my curve. The Wood Elves also did some nice deck thinning for me as I Stronghold/Called them about 2 times.

I could have used more fat in general, I kept getting utility creatures when I really wanted beefcake.