More kicker costs

C

Cateran Emperor

I think Kicker would've been cooler if you could pay it multiple times.

Meteoric Flare
1R
Instant
Kicker: Target opponent may search your library for a Meteoric Flare card and remove it from the game
Meteoric Flare deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Creatures destroyed in this way can't be regenerated.
If you paid the Kicker cost, Meteoric Flare deals an additional 3 damage to target creature or player.

Keldon Battalion
2RR
Creature - Human
Kicker: Sacrifice a mountain. You may pay the kicker cost any number of times.
First Strike, Haste.
If you paid the kicker, Keldon Battalion has Trample.
For each time you paid the kicker, put a +1/+1 counter on Keldon Battalion.
2/2
Keldon armies grow with a snowball effect - literally.

Continued Denial
1UU
Instant
Kicker: Return 2 Islands you control to their owners' hands.
Counter target spell.
For each time you paid the kicker, you may search your library for a ~ card and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Elemental Vortex
RU
Enchantment
Kicker: Sacrifice a mountain and return an island you control to its owners' hand. You may pay the kicker cost any number of times.
During your upkeep, you may remove 4 counters from Vortex to draw a card.
Remove a counter from Vortex: Deal 1 damage to target creature or player.
When Vortex comes into play, put a counter on it for each time you paid the kicker cost.
During your upkeep, you may pay RU to put a counter on Vortex.

K

K9Archmage

Increasing Depression 1bb

kicker bb
target player discards 2 cards from his/her hand at random. If you payed the kicker cost, that player discards an addional 2 cards from his/her hand.

Hoipa

I

Istanbul

Reviving Angel 3W
Creature - Angel
Kicker 1W (you may pay an additional 1W as you play this spell.)
Flying
If Reviving Angel is put into a graveyard, shuffle it into your library.
If you paid the kicker cost and Reviving Angel would be put into a graveyard, instead return it to play under your control.
2/2

D

DÛke

Aquarian Princess Farie 3UU
Creature - Princess
Flying
Kicker: Return all Islands you control back to owner's hand.
If you paid the Kicker cost, Aquarian Princess comes to play
with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of Islands returned this way.
3/3

Morph 3UB
Creature - Shapeshifter
Flying, First Strike. You may play Morph whenever you could play an Instant.
Kicker: Put 2 -1/-1 counters on Morph.
At the end of the turn, if you didn't pay Morph's Kicker cost, put 3 -1/-1 counters on Morph
5/5
"It's strength are not everlasting...though the injury it causes is an everlasting wound."

...just some fly-by ideas.

[Edited by DÛke on 12-22-00 at 12:07 AM]

I

Istanbul

Psychotic Hermit 3RG
Creature - Hermit
Kicker 1RR (You may pay an additional 1RR when you play this spell.)
When Psychotic Hermit comes into play, remove all creatures in play from the game.
If you paid the kicker cost, any creature that would come into play while Psychotic Hermit is in play is instead removed from the game.
1/1
"He prefers...and demands...to be alone."

D

DÛke

Thought of Loneliness 2WW
Sorcery
Kicker: Choose and discard a creature card from your hand.
Play Thought of Loneliness only if you control no creatures. Put a Spirit token into play.
Treat that token as a 3/3 White creature with flying.
Whenever a creature comes to play under your control, sacrifice this token unless you paid the Kicker cost.
"Time has passed, and lonliness' wounds caused his mind to prefer...and demand...friendship."

[Edited by DÛke on 12-22-00 at 10:28 AM]

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

but I thought of this a while ago too, before Invasion. Hence, I have 10 cards like this. To be fair, the cards Forbidden Ritual, Primitive Justice, and Taste of Paradise* were the first cards to use this concept. I thought of it by looking at them.

Healing Draught
Instant
W
Prevent the next 3 damage to target creature or player this turn.
1W: Prevent the next 4 damage to target creature or player this turn. You may pay this cost as many times as you choose.

Mute
Sorcery
1W
Destroy target enchantment.
W, Sacrifice an enchantment: Destroy target enchantment. You may pay this cost as many times as you choose.

Dissent
Instant
UUU
Counter target spell.
Tap two untapped permanents you control: Counter target spell. You may pay this cost as many times as you choose.
"For the last time, no!"

Retrogression
Instant
2UU
Return target creature to owner’s hand.
U, Return target island you control to owner’s hand: Return target creature you don’t control to owner’s hand. You may pay this cost as many times as you choose.

Extract Lore
Sorcery
BB
Target player discards a card from his or her hand.
1B, Sacrifice a swamp: Choose a card type. Look at target player’s hand. Choose a card of the chosen type. That player discards that card. You may pay this cost as many times as you choose.

Fright
Sorcery
1BB
Destroy target non-black non-artifact creature.
B, Sacrifice a swamp: Destroy target non-black creature. You may pay this cost as many times as you choose.

Demolish
Instant
2R
Destroy target artifact.
1R: Destroy target artifact. You may pay this cost as many times as you choose.
Step 1: Raise club.
Step 2: Repeatedly bring club down on Masticore.
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 until layer of dust is achieved.
Step 4: Sprinkle on top of cake and cook at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve chilled, with best vintage wine poured from a Bottle of Suleiman. Serves two.

-- "Masticore Pound Cake" from Cooking with Artifacts by Grundvelk, ogre chef (Figured this might get some laughs :) )

Desiccation
Sorcery
2RR
Destroy target land.
R: Destroy target land. Desiccation deals 1 damage to you or target creature you control. You may pay this cost as many times as you choose.

Gusto
Instant
1G
Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
G: That creature gets +2/+1 until end of turn. You may pay this cost as many times as you choose.

Sylvan Gift
Sorcery
2G
Gain 2 life.
1G: Gain 3 life. You may pay this cost as many times as you choose.

BTW, how would such effects be worded? And what about lands with kicker?

* For those who are interested, here are those cards in their original versions:
Forbidden Ritual
2BB
Sorcery
Sacrifice a card in play: Target oponent loses 2 life unless he or she sacrifices a permanent or chooses and discards a card.
You may repeat this process as many times as you choose.

Taste of Paradise
3G (admittedly, my Sylvan Gift is almost exactly the same, but I think the fact that it is cheaper makes it a little better.)
Gain 3 life.
Gain 3 life for each 1G you pay in addition to the casting cost.

Primitive Justice
1R
Sorcery
Destroy target artifact.
Destroy a target artifact for each 1R you pay in addition to the casting cost.
Destroy a target artifact and gain 1 life for each 1G you pay in addition to the casting cost.

F

fuzzy510

These aren't brand spanking new. He made these about 2 years ago. (Obviously earlier than Invasion.)

BTW TICM, could I post the rest of the set that you made?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Well, first of all, considering that I have it and you don't, I don't think you can post my set. Secondly, it was, I think, in about January of this year that I made the set, not two years ago. Third, that was when I started work on it. I still haven't finished it yet. Fourth, parts of it have already been posted in the Sliver set thread (started by FoundationofRancor), which probably hasn't been looked at for quite some time.

Cateran Emperor: Before you yell at me (if you were going to anyway), I would merely like to say that (most likely) neither one of us stole this idea from the other, nor is anyone claiming that this happened, although I think I inadvertently stole it from those cards in Alliances and Visions, which is not to say that you didn't think of it while looking at some kicker cards or something.

Anyway, I was talking about the equivalent of kicker on lands earlier, so here are some cards:

Fiery Crag
Land
Fiery Crag comes into play tapped.
When Fiery Crag comes into play, if you played it from your hand, you may pay R. If you do, Fiery Crag deals 2 damage to target player.
TAP: Add one red mana to your mana pool.

Icy Depths
Land
Icy Depths comes into play tapped.
When Icy Depths comes into play, if you played it from your hand, you may pay U. If you do, return target creature to its owner’s hand.
TAP: Add one blue mana to your mana pool.

Ritual Ground
Land
Ritual Ground comes into play tapped.
When Ritual Ground comes into play, if you played it from your hand, you may pay B. If you do, target player discards a card.
TAP: Add one black mana to your mana pool.

Secluded Prairie
Land
Secluded Prairie comes into play tapped.
When Secluded Prairie comes into play, if you played it from your hand, you may pay W. If you do, destroy target enchantment.
TAP: Add one white mana to your mana pool.

Sylvan Glade
Land
Sylvan Glade comes into play tapped.
When Sylvan Glade comes into play, if you played it from your hand, you may pay G. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
TAP: Add one green mana to your mana pool.

Obviously, these aren't very original cards (besides the concept), but there are limitations on what one can do with this mechanic on lands.