More incoming new ideas

A

artifact

3GG Life Force of Llanowar
Legend
3/4
can't be the target of spells or abilities. As long as Life Force remains untapped, you cannot go below one life.

2B Forgotten Thrull
creature-Thrull
2/1
Forgotten Thrull has to attack each turn it is able. When Forgotten Thrull goes to the graveyard from play, target oppenent chooses and discards 2 cards.

3WW Order of Peace
Enchantment
Whenever any creature comes into play place X peace counters on that creature where X is equal to that creature's power. Any creature with peace counters on it cannot attack or use any abilities. During that player's upkeep, remove one peace counter from each of your creatures with peace counters on them.

1G Llanowar Farmer
creature-elf
1/1
Tap and sacrifice a creature: search your library for a basic land and put it into play. This doesn't count to your one land per turn limit.

How do u like these?

I

Istanbul

Life Force of Llanowar TOTALLY screws mono-green decks.
Forgotten Thrull is undercosted. Try 2BB.
Order of Peace is overcosted. Try 3W.
There's already a card called Elvish Farmer.

R

r00tg04t

I think the thrull is pretty cool, the Lifeforce of Llanowar or whatnot is like Ali From Cairo from arabian knights. All and all their pretty cool

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how Life Force screws mono-green decks as it is green itself, but it looks undecosted for what it does.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Ali from Cairo was considered balanced back then because it was weak (a 0/1, not a 3/4) and because the first enchantment that prevented creatures from being targeted wasn't printed until Legends.
Literally the ONLY way mono-green has to deal with Life Force of Llanowar is Desert Twister, and possibly two Unyaro Bee Stings. That isn't good.

As for Llanowar Farmer, I suggest Havenwood Farmer or Thelonite Farmer. Those are names from Fallen Empires, and the Elf culture then was forced to experiment with alternate sources of food production, so a lot of cards had to do with sacrificing creatures for an effect.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Desert Twister and Bee Stings aren't targeted? It seems you'd have to make it flying with Flying Carpet and Hurricane it :)

If "being untargeted makes it hard for mono-green to deal with it" is the rationale, what about all the previous green untargetable creatures like Autumn Willow or Deadly Insect?

A

artifact

Well for one thing, neither beestings or a twister can kill the life force of Llanowar. They both target.
Also, that is why you don't play just mono colored decks, they are to vulnerable to color hosers or certain types of cards. I.E. red has problems with enchantments, black has problems with artifacts and enchantments, etc.

But there are plenty of cards that can kill the lifeforce, Savage twister, earthquake, 2 pyroclasms, nev's disk, etc.