MML Searing-Life Deck

Killer Joe

MML stands for the Multiplayer Magic League, a Magic league where we play with 75 card decks.

ARTIFACTS (11)
1x Marble Diamond
1x Fire Diamond
1x Moss Diamond
1x Dragon's Claw
1x Wurm's Tooth
1x Angel's Feather
2x Pristine Talisman
3x Chalice of Life

ENCHANTMENTS (15)
1x Sylvan Library
1x Abundance
1x Choke
3x Ghostly Prison
2x Searing Meditation
3x Powerstone Minefield
1x Karma
1x Kismet
1x Ivory Mask
1x Dueling Grounds

SORCERIES (11)
4x Hull Breach
4x Wildfire
3x Gaea's Blessing

INSTANTS (8)
3x Moment's Peace
2x Pulse of the Fields
3x Enlightened Tutor

LANDS (30)
1x Arid Mesa
1x Woodland Foothills
1x Windswept Heath
1x Reflecting Pool
1x Temple Garden
3x Savannah
2x Sacred Foundry
2x Plateau
2x Stomping Ground
2x Taiga
3x Forest
3x Mountain
4x Plains
1x Forbidding Watchtower
1x Maze of Ith
1x Kor Haven
1x Shivan Gorge

The basic concept is for me to gain life in the early game long enough for me to set up a defense in the way of Ghostly Prison, Powerstone Minefield and Dueling Ground. I also use Wildfire to set players back in land count which they need to pay for Ghostly Prison and to get rid of medium to small creatures (4 points of damage). The kill method comes in the form of Chalice of Life (transforms to Chalice of Death) and Searing Meditation and with all the life gain cards I have makes for a good way to trigger Searing Meditation.

This deck is S-L-O-W and only fares well in a long multiplayer game and if I can survive past the first few players and I have enough mana and protection the deck does very well. I played this deck this past Saturday (3-9-2013) at the MML game and won in a four player game (Mooseman played in that game as well).

Killer Joe

Mooseman was playing his black deck again......I think. Ben (to my left) was playing a black/white pestilence deck and had White Knights and Bethany was playing one of Ben's decks which had Loxodon Warhammers, Big Fat Angels, Glorious Anthems, and life gain stuff but she was a sub par player but she's the one I had to Cha-Cha with because Ben took out Moosman asap and then Bethany took out Ben right after that and I had enough time to set up defenses.

One play of note that pretty much changed the tide of the game my way was when she plaopped down an Oblivion Ring and took away my Dueling Ground and the next turn all she had to do was save enough mana to pay for the two Ghostly Prisons I had out and I think I would've been dead had she attacked so on my Turn I played Gaea's Blessing and needed to draw a Hull Breach and I on my Gaea's Blessing draw I TOPPED DECKED the Breach. I got rid of The Oblivion Ring and the equipment that makes a creature hexproof and have haste. Right after that I got my Searing Meditations in place and started to kill her but like I said in my post for single cards about Searing meditation, I screwed it up and could've cost myself the game. Moosman saw my mistake but did not interfere. :p