MML Rant....sort of

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Puncture bolt is great, but the deck has ways of getting it out of the GY or just drawing another one.. I was referring to ongoing decks, not just this one.

Killer Joe

In all honesty, I'd rather just eliminate him on turn 4 or 5 and be done with it, he's never been 'first out' before but has certainly made his 'mission-in-life' to get me out first.
My red deck is humming and after 50 'goldfish' games it's cranking out at dead on turn 4.7 :eek: :D

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Off colour solutions: splinter, cranial extraction.

EDIT: Another direction: Night of soul's betrayal, midnight banshee, Ascendant evincar, Crovax. Triggered stuff: Noxious ghoul (heh, Tombstone stairwell/Vengeful dead/Shepherd of rottt FTW), plague dogs, Festercreep. Darkblast with dredge. Bane of the living, Kagemaro. Bounce spells, counters.

Or just go Form of the Squirrel for style points. Is Stuffy doll this much of a problem?

Killer Joe

Stuffy Doll is just one of the 'key' cards he always seems to plop down within the first couple of turns. The actual problem is that in multiplayer games, and especially this particular once a month league game, I mostly do very well therefore he has become the People's Hero and has smashed me the last several games but it's clear now that I will never gain enough points to win for the year (not really that important). I have, however, displayed much restraint in my game play so I don't CRUSH everyone (as I have done in the past). The red deck is specificially for him and to his dome. After 90 goldfish games it has a kill turn of 4.625, targeting him, of course! :D

Note: The deck has no mid or long game strategy because I don't care what happens to me after that, I won't "tank" the game and if I have enough burn left I may take out the player in second place.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
I got that much from your start post. I'm just trying to persuade you to do something different ;) What evil combo kills you with stuffy doll before turn 6 or so anyway? Don't you have more time than those 4.625 turns?

Look, I don't know you or your playgroup, but I'm afraid what you're planning to do will be perceived as childish. I'm not calling you childish (you're 46 and your posts are good), but take some distance and see how the others at the table might see it. You take a burn deck to a MP game just to pick on one guy. It's hard to judge if anyone takes offence, but one might. So the result could be that you're picked on by the whole table from now on. Take that into consideration. If you disguise your burn deck as a MP deck, it's easier to get away with. OTOH, you're being picked on by this guy time after time and no one seems to mind, so it could be the table consists of eediots. Besides, I'm an idiot as well, don't listen to me.

So, back to the deck. Wither is very good, and it helps to get rid of Stuffy doll. You need to figure out a way to deal damage to it though, because he's probably not dumb enough simply to block with it. Think Lure, Kasuri-Gama. I'm thinking of a combat trick that forces a card to block, or that lets you assign unblocked damage to creatures. Tower above is great, but not (completely) in color. Anyway, Boggart Ram Gang deserves a spot even without these tricks. Inescapable brute has the lure effect, but it sucks. When Stuffy doll is tapped it can't block anyway.

Or play sacrifice effects (skullclamp, goblin bombardment, blasting station) and threaten, grab the reins, word of seizing.

Ah, I just found a good one: Everlasting torment. Seems pretty good in a burn deck!

Killer Joe

OMG!!! That's the perfect card for my deck. I have two of them, I'll get two more.

As for other colors I can easily splash black and/or green since I have a lot of pain fetch lands and dual lands like Taiga et al so I may splash other for other stuff.

As for perception: You are right about appearing 'childish', that may very well be the case or being seen as revengeful or a sore loser. But if I don't change the landscape of how the league is being overrun by him then who'll do it? The one thing he may do (actually, he's said it before and Mooseman heard him say it) is that he will bow out of the game for a while because he doesn't like to have a TARGET on his forehead. He could do this for several months and still win it all because the second place person is more than 25 points behind him and she got there by not annoying anyone, just by playing oppossum (sp?).

Again, Stuffy Doll is not my real concern although if he gets it out early it becomes a problem for my creatures but I pack pleanty of burn to the dome in the deck.

At 100 test-plays (goldfish) the deck has a 62% chance of killing on turn 4.
The mean: turn 4.57
The median: turn 4
The mode: turn 4

Thanks for all of your (collective) suggestions, I'll keep tuning up to June 13th so keep 'em comming if you all get more ideas! :D

Attachments

Killer Joe

To CPA: Here's what I have posted on the forum we use for the MML:

(Key: Total Points = Placement Points + Kill Points + Victory Points ............Player's Forum Name)

January 2008
15 = 10 + 3 + 2...........AzureKnight
10 = 9 + 1 + 0 ............Kara
10 = 8 + 2 + 0.............Mooseman
8 = 7 + 1 + 0...............YoungBeard
6 = 6 + 0 + 0...............KJ
6 = 5 + 1 + 0...............Hellgod
4 = 4 + 0 + 0...............Lady B
4 = 3 + 1 + 0...............Randy Tobias
2 = 2 + 0 + 0...............Silverfire Prime
1 = 1 + 0 + 0...............SamT

February 2008
13 = 5 + 6 + 2.............RX Maverick
5 = 4 + 1 + 0...............SamT
5 = 4 + 1 + 0...............Jim F
5 = 4 + 1 + 0...............KJ
4 = 4 + 0 + 0...............Mooseman
4 = 4 + 0 + 0...............Silverfire Prime
4 = 4 + 0 + 0...............Dan
3 = 3 + 0 + 0...............Jon
2 = 2 + 0 + 0...............Lady B
1 = 1 + 0 + 0...............Randy Tobias

March 2008
13 = 9 + 2 + 2.............AzureKnight
10 = 8 + 2 + 0.............Hellgod
10 = 7 + 3 + 0.............Dan
7 = 6 + 1 + 0...............Ben
5 = 5 + 0 + 0...............Mooseman
4 = 4 + 0 + 0...............Lady B
3 = 3 + 0 + 0...............Jon
2 = 2 + 0 + 0...............nire.everlast
1 = 1 + 0 + 0...............KJ

April 2008
8 = 4 + 2 + 2...............Kevin
5 = 3 + 2 + 0..............AzureKnight
3 = 3 + 0 + 0...............Kara
2 = 2 + 0 + 0...............Silverfire Prime
1 = 1 + 0 + 0...............Lady B

May 2008
17 = 9 + 6 + 2.............AzureKnight
10 = 8 + 2 + 0 ............Kara
7 = 7 + 0 + 0...............Randy Tobias
6 = 6 + 0 + 0...............Jared
5 = 5 + 0 + 0...............Lady B
4 = 4 + 0 + 0...............Ethan
3 = 3 + 0 + 0...............Silverfire Prime
2 = 2 + 0 + 0...............RX Maverick
1 = 1 + 0 + 0...............KJ

Overall Standings to Date: May 2008
After each name is (X/Y) X = number of games attended / Y = number of MML games to date
50 = 31 + 13 + 6.........AzureKnight (4/5)
23 = 20 + 3 + 0...........Kara (3/5)
19 = 17 + 2 + 0...........Mooseman (3/5)
18 = 17 + 1 + 0...........Silverfire Prime (4/5)
16 = 13 + 3 + 0...........Hellgod (2/5)
16 = 16 + 0 + 0...........Lady B (5/5)
15 = 7 + 6 + 2.............RX Maverick (2/5)
14 = 11 + 3 + 0...........Dan (2/5)
13 = 12 + 1 + 0...........KJ (4/5)
12 = 11 + 1 + 0...........Randy Tobias (3/5)
8 = 4 + 2 + 2...............Kevin "Goblin King" (1/5)
8 = 7 + 1 + 0...............YoungBeard (1/5)
6 = 6 + 0 + 0...............Jared (1/5)
6 = 6 + 0 + 0...............Jon (2/5)
6 = 5 + 1 + 0...............SamT (2/5)
5 = 4 + 1 + 0...............Jim F (1/5)
4 = 4 + 0 + 0...............Ethan (1/5)
2 = 2 + 0 = 0...............nire.everlast (1/5)

Lead Placement Point Player:.....AzureKnight
Lead Kill Point Player:................AzureKnight
Lead Victory Point Player:..........AzureKnight