Mirrodin Rares on the cheap at Ebay!

R

Reverend Love

The Stores on Ebay often open huge quantities of boxes to stock up on popular uncommons and rares it's also not unusual for them to sell entire playsets of a particular expansions commons, uncommons and rares.

Occasionally some of the larger stores will presale their cards in a expansion...I think they do this to try and take some suckers for the "super" cards that always turn out poopie in play.

I've purchased cards this way before and have always been pleased with the results.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Do people actually get there cards before the pre-release then? Or do the stores hold them and ship them out afterwards?

N

Nightstalkers

I tend to go with my Nightstalker side and steal them from the back of my beloved card shop that just happened to get too strict.

Now if only those idiots would give them back to me after the shop owner has stopped accusing me of taking them even though he has nothing on me.

R

Reverend Love

Spiderman

No its more of a pre-order type deal...kind of like when you place a movie or game on pre-order. Once they receive the items (i.e. open 40 boxes) they'll ship your purchase.

What I'm after in this deal is the potential of getting a bomb rare on the cheap before it finds it's way in a netdeck...because as we all know what's it's a proven weenier the price jumps considerably.

T

train

To have the actual pictures of these cards though - they have to have opened some product already - no?...

R

Reverend Love

Think the full spoiler was released..I've heard rumors of it being so...mtgnews reported that the full spoiler was released on the 11th, including pictures. So that's probably where the Ebay pics come from.

x4 Chrome Mox was going for something like 60+ dollars on Ebay...think I'll just wait and try to open some out of packs :)

T

train

Nightstalkers - are you going into the discounted retail business?...

N

Nightstalkers

I'm already known as a cardboard crack dealer in my area.

I just "borrow" a box or two from stock, then sell it at two to three times the normal rate. And all before prerelease now thanks to my new "found" key to the backdoor.

M

Mikeymike

I'm doing the exact same thing as R_L, and he's 100% correct.

I'm getting some absolute steals like 4x triskelions for $2.25, Slagwurms for $2.50, Lightning Coils for $3.80, Molder Slug for $2 and a bunch more.

Everyone is itching to overpay for the big guns - like Platinum Angel which is at a ridiculously overpriced $28

One 4x I am considering is Troll Ascetic. They are $25 right now, but man looking at that card I think they'll go up even higher

R

Reverend Love

Mikeymike

I feel ya on the Troll Ascetics. Reading the spoilers everyone seems in my opinion to be DRASTICLY underrating this card. A 3/2 1G Regenerator for GG1 isn't too shabby, toss in the fact that your opponent simply can't target him...now that's great! In omnipotent casual experience ( :p ) I give this cat 70% chance of seeing serious type2 play.

Considering the fact countering has seriously been nerfed I believe control decks will have to start relying on cards targeting threats (i.e. creatures) once in play…thus sharpening McTroll’s already razor like edge.

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Reverend Love
Mikeymike

I feel ya on the Troll Ascetics. Reading the spoilers everyone seems in my opinion to be DRASTICLY underrating this card. A 3/2 1G Regenerator for GG1 isn't too shabby, toss in the fact that your opponent simply can't target him...now that's great! In omnipotent casual experience ( :p ) I give this cat 70% chance of seeing serious type2 play.

Considering the fact countering has seriously been nerfed I believe control decks will have to start relying on cards targeting threats (i.e. creatures) once in play…thus sharpening McTroll’s already razor like edge.
Exactly, and combined with the fact that many people will be relying on Oblivion Stone and Starstorm for their mass removal (which he regens from) and he looks even stronger. That new black sorcery for 2BB that causes everyone to sac 2 critters will pose a problem, but that hurts everything near equally.

I'd be as bold to say he's the best green 3 drop ever. Call of the Herd is the only thing I can think of that can play in his league (maybe Brushhopper) but his overall quality blows CotH away.

R

Reverend Love

Tog :rolleyes:

P.S.

Troll and Toad and Strike Zone Online in my ever so humble opinion have some of their Mirrodin pricing off whack. Solemn Simulcrum, Trash for Treasure, Chalice of the Void and few others are priced lower then their going rate on Ebay.