Mirrodin Insight...

T

train

This Week's Poll Question:
Should Whispers of the Muse be reprinted?
Yes
No
Caught this while reading Buehler's Friday article on Mtg.com...

Asking if whispers of the muse should be reprinted is like saying We're bringing back the buyback ability... do you want whispers in that set...
since they'd be setting the templates for Mirrodin about now, this just seemed kind of interesting...

L

Lotus Mox

Interesting, maybe it's not exactly buyback.
With all these rumors about the new "unity" zone maybe it's something like this:

New Whispers U
Instant
Draw a card. Put ~this~ into your Unity zone.
If ~this~ if in your Unity zone, pay 5 to put ~this~ back into your hand. (This might even be a universal rule)

There could be also cards which get a bonus if you have some sort of Unity threshold and so on.

There's also some specualtion abotu a new card type, so far the best guess are colorless Instants/Sorceries.
They might be called a bit different, just like Artifact and Enchantments are actually similar, just Artifacts are colorless and may have tap abilities.

T

train

I thought about that also...

But citing whispers of the muse to be reprinted I didn't think they'd change the ability...

Just made me think, well heck - why not reprint fanning the flames...;)

N

Nightstalkers

but that is just sick! think about what they would do to great cards if they braught back buyback!!! heck, disturbed burial will be slaughtered with some cheesy crap that is usually researved for a rare. i.e. skyshroud behemoth

T

train

yeah, but wotc can do anything they want...

as long as capsize doesn't come back - I think we'll be fine...

N

Nightstalkers

we're surprised train, you should like the sneaky things you can do with a crafty Capsize. fifth turn, everything in your hand! MUhaahhahaha

T

train

I'm just not a blue player...:rolleyes:

It's boring to know I can beat my opponent without skill... or intelligence...

Not even sligh or burn can do that....:yawn:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
since they'd be setting the templates for Mirrodin about now, this just seemed kind of interesting
That's odd, since WOTC has said sets/expansions usually have a two-year R&D time. They should almost be done with Mirrodin right about now...

T

train

They are almost done... but there's still 6.5 months til release time...

So they have plenty of time to add things in... More than likely they haven't printed anything for the sets yet...

N

Notepad

They probably made the decision to put back buyback. Everything is likely set, but there's one gap they want to put our way...their method of throwing us a bone. I'll bet its something like blue rare has a slot open, and it can either be a pile of junk, or whispers, so they let us vote. We vote out whispers, and they put in the junk and blame us. We vote for whispers and get surprised its rare, and they blame us.

Thanks for the bone, Randy, you fat bastard...