Mirrodin Draft Match (Mikeymike vs Spidey)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Put him right back out again and re-equip him with the Hoversail and Bonesplitter. Mt, Done.

Mikeymike: 9

- Mana: 4x Forest (T,U,U,U), 2x Island (U, U), 4x Mountain (T,T,U,U), U/B Talisman (T)
- Permanents:
Bonesplitter (Equip 1: +2/+0) *Wizard Replica
(U) Arc-Slogger (4/5. ; {R},Remove the top ten cards of your library from the game: ~this~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)
(U) Tel-Jilad Exile (2/3. ; {1}{G}: Regenerate ~this~. )
(U) Dross Scorpion (3/1. ; Whenever ~this~ or another artifact creature is put into a graveyard from play, you may untap target artifact.)
(U) Clockwork Condor (0/0, Flying. ; ~this~ comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it. ; Whenever ~this~ attacks or blocks, remove a +1/+1 counter from it at end of combat.)
(U) Wizard Replica (1/3, flying, U, sac this: counter spell unless controller pays 2)
- Graveyard: Deconstruct, Goblin Replica, Journey of Discovery, Tel-Jilad Archers, Aether Spellbomb
- RFG:
- Cards in Hand: 2

Spidey: 20

Mana: Plainsx6 (T,T,T,U,T,T), Mtx2 (T, U), Ancient Den (T)
Permanents:
(U) Leonin Skyhunter (2/2, flying)
(U) Hematite Golem (1/4, 1R: gets +2/+0 EOT)
(U) Myr Enforcer (6/4, flying)
(U) Bottle Gnomes (1/3, sac: gain 3 life)
(U) Titanium Golem (3/3, 1W: first strike EOT)

Neurok Hoversail (Equip 2: gives flying) * Myr Enforcer
Bonesplitter (Equip 1: gives +2/+0) *Myr Enforcer
Graveyard: Dragon Blood, Pentavus, Yotian Soldier, Krark-Clan Grunt
RFG:
Cards in Hand: 3

M

Mikeymike

not a problem.

Also, since you gave me a freebie - I won't Sacrifice my Replica after you go try to equip him with the hoversail and replica, before you play that Mtn :D :p. Actually I wouldn't do that anyway, I'm just trying to salvage a little pride from my Archers mistake from earlier...alas, dumb Mike.

Untap
Draw
Play Island
T: Tal, Equip Clockwork Condor
Done

- Mana: 4x Forest (U,U,U,U), 3x Island (U,U,U), 4x Mountain (U,U,U,U), U/B Talisman (T)
- Permanents:
Bonesplitter (Equip 1: +2/+0) *Clockwork Condor
(U) Arc-Slogger (4/5. ; {R},Remove the top ten cards of your library from the game: ~this~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)
(U) Dross Scorpion (3/1. ; Whenever ~this~ or another artifact creature is put into a graveyard from play, you may untap target artifact.)
(U) Clockwork Condor (5/3, Flying. ; ~this~ comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it. ; Whenever ~this~ attacks or blocks, remove a +1/+1 counter from it at end of combat.)
(U) Wizard Replica (1/3, flying, U, sac this: counter spell unless controller pays 2)
- Graveyard: Deconstruct, Goblin Replica, Journey of Discovery, Tel-Jilad Archers, Aether Spellbomb
- RFG:

Mana: Plainsx6 (T,T,T,U,T,T), Mtx2 (T, U), Ancient Den (T)
Permanents:
(U) Myr Enforcer (6/4, flying)
(U) Titanium Golem (3/3, 1W: first strike EOT)

Neurok Hoversail (Equip 2: gives flying) * Myr Enforcer
Bonesplitter (Equip 1: gives +2/+0) *Myr Enforcer
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I had enough mana to pay the 2 before the equipping, since the equipping uses 3 :) And actually, my Enforcer should have been free because I forgot my Ancient Den :)

Untap, Draw, Plains, Equip the Titanium Golem with the Hoversail and Bonesplitter, attack with the Golem, pass priority...

- Mana: 4x Forest (U,U,U,U), 3x Island (U,U,U), 4x Mountain (U,U,U,U), U/B Talisman (T)
- Permanents:
(U) Clockwork Condor (5/3, Flying. ; ~this~ comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it. ; Whenever ~this~ attacks or blocks, remove a +1/+1 counter from it at end of combat.)
- RFG:

Mana: Plainsx7 (T,T,T,U,U,U), Mtx2 (T, U), Ancient Den (T)
Permanents:
(U) Myr Enforcer (4/4)
(U) Titanium Golem (5/3, flying, 1W: first strike EOT)

Neurok Hoversail (Equip 2: gives flying) * Titanium Golem
Bonesplitter (Equip 1: gives +2/+0) *Titanium Golem
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, when you say taking damage, I assume you have no plays so you're taking five. Otherwise, I'm passing priority on Damage Dealing.

I'm done; I think I have one more land tapped than I should so I'm untapping the Mt.

Mikeymike: 4

- Permanents:
- RFG:

Mana: Plainsx7 (T,T,T,U,U,U), Mtx2 (U, U), Ancient Den (T)
Permanents:
(U) Myr Enforcer (4/4)
(T) Titanium Golem (5/3, flying, 1W: first strike EOT)

RFG:

M

Mikeymike

You are correcto.

Untap
Draw
T: M, cast:
Krark-Clan Shaman (1/1. ; Sacrifice an artifact: ~this~ deals 1 damage to each creature without flying.)
T: T, Equip Wizard Replica with Bonesplitter

Entering Combat, passing priority to you....

- Permanents:
Bonesplitter (Equip 1: +2/+0) * Wizard Replica
(U) Clockwork Condor (3/3, Flying. ; ~this~ comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it. ; Whenever ~this~ attacks or blocks, remove a +1/+1 counter from it at end of combat.)
(U) Wizard Replica (3/3, flying, U, sac this: counter spell unless controller pays 2)
(U) Krark-Clan Shaman (1/1. ; Sacrifice an artifact: ~this~ deals 1 damage to each creature without flying.)
- RFG:

Permanents:
(U) Myr Enforcer (4/4)

RFG:

M

Mikeymike

Attack with:
3/3 flying Wizard Replica
3/3 flying Clockwork Condor
2/3 Tel-Jilad Exile
3/1 Dross Scorpion

pass

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Pass on Declare Attackers.

Declare Blockers:

1/4 Hematite Golem blocks the Dross Scorpion.
4/4 Myr Enforcer blocks the Exile.

Flying guys are unblocked.

You have priority.

M

Mikeymike

Combat damage goes on the stack

3 to you from Replica
3 to you from Condor
2 to the Enforcer from Tel-Jilad Exile
3 to the Golem from Dross Scorpion

(If you have any responses we'll roll back if that's OK, I'm doing this in 1 shot to keep my thoughts together)

- Sac the Talisman to the Shaman, 1 damage to all ground creatures (on stack)
- Talisman to the graveyard triggers dross scorpion's ability, I'll target the Replica to untap (I'll let it resolve)
- Sac the Scorpion to the Shaman, 1 damage to all ground creatures (on stack)
- Scorpion to the graveyard triggers dross scorpion's ability, I'll target the Condor to untap (I'll let it resolve)
-Tap F,M, put a regen shield on the Exile

Stack looks like (Last item on top)
- Regen Shield on the Exile
- 1 damage to all ground creatures thru Shaman, from Scorpion sac
- 1 damage to all ground creatures thru Shaman, from Talisman sac
- Combat damage
(Clockwork Condor will lose a +1/+1 counter at the end of combat)

If I screwed something up with stack and resolutions, please LMK

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good to me.

Allright, Shaman goes to the graveyard right away from the damage. My guys go after taking the additional combat damage. I'm taking 6. Condor loses a counter. End of combat, your second Main Phase.

- Mana: 4x Forest (U,U,U,U), 3x Island (U,U,U), 4x Mountain (U,U,U,U)
- Permanents:
(T) Tel-Jilad Exile (2/3. ; {1}{G}: Regenerate ~this~. )
(U) Clockwork Condor (2/2, Flying. ; ~this~ comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it. ; Whenever ~this~ attacks or blocks, remove a +1/+1 counter from it at end of combat.)
(U) Wizard Replica (3/3, flying, U, sac this: counter spell unless controller pays 2)
- Graveyard: Deconstruct, Goblin Replica, Journey of Discovery, Tel-Jilad Archers, Aether Spellbomb, U/B Talisman, Dross Scorpion, Krark-Clan Shaman
- RFG:

Spidey: 14

Permanents:

Graveyard: Dragon Blood, Pentavus, Yotian Soldier, Krark-Clan Grunt, Hematite Golem, Myr Enforcer
RFG:

M

Mikeymike

I'm done. Only diff is that I've got 1 Mountain tapped.

- Mana: 4x Forest (U,U,U,U), 3x Island (U,U,U), 4x Mountain (T,U,U,U)
- Permanents:
(U) Clockwork Condor (2/2, Flying. ; ~this~ comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it. ; Whenever ~this~ attacks or blocks, remove a +1/+1 counter from it at end of combat.)
- Graveyard: Deconstruct, Goblin Replica, Journey of Discovery, Tel-Jilad Archers, Aether Spellbomb, U/B Talisman, Dross Scorpion, Krark-Clan Shaman
- RFG:

Permanents:

Graveyard: Dragon Blood, Pentavus, Yotian Soldier, Krark-Clan Grunt, Hematite Golem, Myr Enforcer
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, Draw, Slagwurm Armor, Equip the Skyhunter with the Armor and Bonesplitter, Attack with the Skyhunter and Titanium Golem, pass priority...

- Mana: 4x Forest (U,U,U,U), 3x Island (U,U,U), 4x Mountain (T,U,U,U)
- Permanents:
- RFG:

Mana: Plainsx7 (T,T,T,T,U,U), Mtx2 (T, U), Ancient Den (T)
Permanents:
(U) Leonin Skyhunter (4/8, flying)

Bonesplitter (Equip 1: gives +2/+0) *Leonin Skyhunter
Slagwurm Armor (Equip 3: gives +0/+6) *Leonin Skyhunter
RFG:

M

Mikeymike

No effects during declare attackers....
Clockwork condor will block the skyhunter
Wizard Replica will block the Golem

Pass back to joo

M

Mikeymike

T: FI, play Predatory Hunger (instant, +3/+3 and trample) on my Wizard Replica

Pass back...

M

Mikeymike

Thanks :D, I top-decked that mofo last turn, and man did I need that. If it makes you feel any better that Slagwurm Armor is going to create issues for me.

All set when you are...