[Mirr T2] 5CGreen

N

NorrYtt

My friend is working on a 4 or 5 color Green deck for Mirrodin T2, since that is the kind of deck he enjoys to play. Back in the day, it went something like Birds-Grainger Guildmage-Maro-Quirion Ranger-Tradewind Rider-Armageddon.

We are still unsure of the skeleton, but right now it is Birds, Vine Trellis, Maro. Other possibilities include Forgotten Ancient or Hunted Wumpus, though I like Forgotten Ancient the best.

We have ruled out White as a potential color. If you play white, then you play Exalted Angel, or maybe Savannah Lions, but we feel it would be best to stick with GURB.

Here's a rough decklist for us to work with:

GURB - Mirrodin Type 2

Creatures (24)
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Vine Trellis

4 Forgotten Ancient
3 Ravenous Baloth
2 Nantuko Vigilante
2 Hystrodon
3 Goblin Sharpshooter
1 Phyrexian Plaguelord
1 Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Spells (14)
4 Mana Leak
4 Dark Banishing
4 Plow Under
2 Oversold Cemetery

Land (22)
4 City of Brass
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Polluted Delta
6 Forest
2 Swamp
1 Island
1 Mountain
// not sure about the land base just yet

There are some other things to think about, like cycling Decree of Annihilation as an instant Armageddon.

Of course Mirroding may fill out the deck, but let's work on what we've got right now! Also...playing 4 colors might avoid all the gross color hosers in 8th.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Never you mind that 3 cards at most were fleshed out for Mirr, and all but Glissa are retreads.

T

train

I think you need to look at the invasion lands instead of all the cities of brass...

You have to remember that with the sac lands - you get a land you need, but also lose a land form your count... if that leaves you with 4 cities - that's a lot of self-inflicted damage...

N

NorrYtt

Yes, but the land base is not final, as I stated. We don't even know what the main deck should be yet!

Conceptually, the Cities would be the last thing to tap, because your main mana workhorses are Birds and Vine Trelles. The Baloths are to make up some of that.

This is the build I'm working toward, but I'm not sure if there is some card I'm blatantly missing, or if indeed White needs consideration.

The Sharpshooters are for weenies while the Banishings hit bigger things (they used to be Smothers).