Miraculous Recovery

M

Mikeymike

Miraculous Recovery
4W VI(U)
Instant
Text(VI+errata): Return target creature card from your graveyard to play and put a +1/+1 counter on it.

Makes Breath of Life look like poopy huh? A really slick little card, it could be very effective in a lot of different strategies. I'd limit in to a casual card due to its 5 mana CC, but I still like it.

Anyone have any experience with this sucker?

R

rkoelsch

I have always run this in my angel deck. It works very good. and follows the theme.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't used it yet but I stuck it in my white deck for casual play to see how it would go (might be able to see it in action this Thursday).

K

krichaiushii

Whenever I've had it in hand, I've either had nothing worthwhile to Miraculously Recover or I've not had the mana for it. But I have seen it played to some effect in casual games. It's generally used to make those big creatures even bigger.

And being splashable, it provides a fun way to keep those green creatures threatening. Would it work on Blastoderm?

It strikes me that it is theoretically possible to use Miraculous Recovery and/or Ressurection (who remembers this card?) to make a terribly inefficient nonblack reanimator deck using the assorted nonblack graveyard filling cards (Bazaar of Baghdad, Mulch, Avenging Druid, Hermit Druid) to fill your graveyard with otherwise uncastable creatures (Polar Kraken, for argument's sake) and then bring them into play.

The silliness of the above statement aside, something like that might work... if you only run creatures that you could theoretically hardcast by having the proper mana-generators in the deck...

Worry Beads, Miraculous Recovery, and Gaea's Blessing, with an assortment of big, fun creatures might actually be a deck. Support cards include Enlightened Tutor, Lhurgoyf, Regrowth, Sylvan Library/Mirri's Guile.

If you play multiples of a card, Remembrance is best for white "reanimation", though.

I am rambling.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ressurection (who remembers this card?
I do! When I started in Revised, that and Regrowth were the only cards I had at the time to get stuff back from the graveyard...