Mindmaster Weatherlight: Spidey vs Modus

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if that bodes well for me or not :)

UU and Illusionist to phase out Gallowbraids. Responses?

M

Modus Pwnens

After that resolves, I sacrifice the coils, destroying the Avizoa. After that, damage can stack/resolve for me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ouch, I knew I should have gotten the Owl last turn also. That's probably gonna be game then... dmg can stack and resolve.

M

Modus Pwnens

Timid Drake.

Done.

In your upkeep I'll play Boiling Blood (Target creature attacks this turn if able. Draw a card) on your Griffin (no blocks). Next turn is lethal?

Spidey: 10
Hand: 5
In Play:

(T,T,T) Island x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Plains
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2

Nature's Kiss (1, Remove the top card from my graveyard from the game: Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

(U) Jabari's Banner (1, T: Target creature gains flanking ueot)

(T) Vodalian Illusionist (2/2, UU, T: Target creature phases out)
(U) Sawtooth Ogre (3/3, Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, ~ deals 1 dmg to that creature at end of combat)
(U) Mistmoon Griffin (2/2, flying, When ~ is put into the graveyard from play, remove ~ from the game, then return the top creature card from my graveyard to play) *Kissed*

Graveyard: Sage Owl, Guided Strike, Harvest Wurm, Kithkin Armour, Avizoa
RFG: Blossoming Wreath, Shattered Crypt

Modus: 17
In Play:

(T, T) Plains
(T, U) Island
(T, T) Mountain
(U) Forest
(T, U) Swamp

Phantom Wings (Enchanted creature has flying. Sacrifice Phantom Wings: Return enchanted creature to its owner's hand)

(T) Cloud Djinn (5/4, Flying. Cloud Djinn can block only creatures with flying.)
(PO) Gallowbraid (5/5, Trample. Cumulative upkeep-Pay 1 life) *winged* (2 age counters)
(U) Ardent Militia (2/5, Vigilance)
(S) Timid Drake (3/3, Flying. When another creature comes into play, return Timid Drake to its owner's hand.)

Graveyard: Forest, Rogue Elephant, Duskrider Falcon, Fatal Blow, Bloodrock Cyclops, Coils of the Medusa, Tolarian Drake, Benalish Knight, Boiling Blood
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We'll see :)

Corrected my hand size to 3 and your life should be down to 14 with 3 age ctrs, right?

Untap, upkeep - you play Boiling Blood

Attack with the Griffin - no blocks
I pay 5 to remove all cards from my graveyard to pump my guy by 7

Done

Spidey: 10
Hand: 3
In Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(T,U) Mt x2
(U) Plains
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2

Nature's Kiss (1, Remove the top card from my graveyard from the game: Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

(U) Jabari's Banner (1, T: Target creature gains flanking ueot)

(U) Vodalian Illusionist (2/2, UU, T: Target creature phases out)
(U) Sawtooth Ogre (3/3, Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, ~ deals 1 dmg to that creature at end of combat)
(T) Mistmoon Griffin (2/2, flying, When ~ is put into the graveyard from play, remove ~ from the game, then return the top creature card from my graveyard to play) *Kissed*

Graveyard:
RFG: Blossoming Wreath, Shattered Crypt, Sage Owl, Guided Strike, Harvest Wurm, Kithkin Armour, Avizoa

Modus: 17 (14?) (7?)
In Play:

(T, T) Plains
(T, U) Island
(T, T) Mountain
(U) Forest
(T, U) Swamp

Phantom Wings (Enchanted creature has flying. Sacrifice Phantom Wings: Return enchanted creature to its owner's hand)

(T) Cloud Djinn (5/4, Flying. Cloud Djinn can block only creatures with flying.)
(PO) Gallowbraid (5/5, Trample. Cumulative upkeep-Pay 1 life) *winged* (2 age counters)
(U) Ardent Militia (2/5, Vigilance)
(S) Timid Drake (3/3, Flying. When another creature comes into play, return Timid Drake to its owner's hand.)

Graveyard: Forest, Rogue Elephant, Duskrider Falcon, Fatal Blow, Bloodrock Cyclops, Coils of the Medusa, Tolarian Drake, Benalish Knight, Boiling Blood
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

First of all, you can't pump him seven, cuz you haven't got an untap step ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops. Forgot that I played and used the Avizoa before my vacation. In that case, yes, next turn is game :)

Good one!

All I had left was:

Boiling Blood
Haunting Misery
Disrupt

Onto Tempest!

M

Modus Pwnens

I had choking Vines to stop your creatures if neccessary, and a rather pointless Gemstone Mine.

Good game :)