Mindmaster Urza's: Rokapoke Vs Mooseman

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Rewind the expunge.... you still take 3

I'll discard Coral Merfolk, to your cackling fiend.....

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, plains
Attack with Rangers that have been Paged up...
Done

rokapoke: 10
Hand: 8
In Play:

(UT) Forest x2
(U) Island
(UT) Plains x2
(TT) Swamp

(U) Cradle Guard (4/4 Trample, Echo 1GG)
(U) Silent Attendant (0/2 T: Gain 1 life.)
(U) Gorilla Warrior (3/2)
(S) Cackling Fiend (2/1 When CF comes into play, each opponent discards a card.)

ROP: Blue (W: The next time a blue source of your choice would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage.)

Graveyard: Coral Merfolk, Expunge
RFG:

mooseman: 20
Hand: 7
In Play:

(UT) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Island ~grounded~
(TT) Mountain
(T) Forest

Fertile Ground (Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, it produces an additional one mana of any color.)

(U) Veiled Serpent (4/4, Islandhome)
(U) Veil of Birds (1/1, Flying)
(U) Fog Bank (0/2, Flying Fog Bank does not deal or receive combat damage.)
(T) Angelic Page (1/1, Flying t: Target attacking or blocking creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
(T) Treetop Rangers (2/2, Treetop Rangers cannot be blocked except by creatures with flying.)
(U) Viashino Sandswimmer (3/2, R: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, return Viashino Sandswimmer to owner's hand. Otherwise, sacrifice Viashino Sandswimmer.)

Graveyard:pouncing Jaguar, Rewind, Coral Merfolk
RFG:

R

rokapoke

EOT, gain 1 life.

Untap, upkeep
Blanchwood Armor on Cradle Guard.
Send him in...
Blocks?

rokapoke: 11
In Play:

(UTT) Forest x3
(U) Island
(UU) Plains x2
(UT) Swamp

(T) Cradle Guard (7/7 Trample, Echo 1GG) Blanchwood Armor (+1/+1 for each Forest I control)
(U) Cackling Fiend (2/1 When CF comes into play, each opponent discards a card.)

ROP: Blue (W: The next time a blue source of your choice would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage.)

Graveyard: Coral Merfolk, Expunge
RFG:

In Play:

(UU) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Island ~grounded~
(UU) Mountain
(U) Forest

Fertile Ground (Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, it produces an additional one mana of any color.)

(U) Veiled Serpent (4/4, Islandhome)
(T) Angelic Page (1/1, Flying t: Target attacking or blocking creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
(T) Treetop Rangers (2/2, Treetop Rangers cannot be blocked except by creatures with flying.)
(U) Viashino Sandswimmer (3/2, R: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, return Viashino Sandswimmer to owner's hand. Otherwise, sacrifice Viashino Sandswimmer.)

Graveyard:pouncing Jaguar, Rewind, Coral Merfolk
RFG:

R

rokapoke

I'll stack it now, I suppose. Of course my damage distribution is to kill the killables and apply the rest to you -- unless I have to attempt to kill everything (I don't recall the rule exactly) in which case there's no trample damage to you.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
You have to assign at least as much to each creature as their toughness (the serpent has to get at least 4, the Bank at least 2 and the Snadswimmer at least 2) So no trample damage gets through.
So, the best bet would be to assign 4 or 5 to the serpent and 2 or 3 to the sandswimmer..... but you could assign 7 to the serpent or all 7 to the bank...hehe (would be great for me) or any other combination to my creatures.

I, of course assign all 7 damage to the Guard.....

If the sandswimmer is assigned lethal damage, I will pay R: call heads and have you flip a coin to use his ability

R

rokapoke

Mooseman said:
1. You have to assign at least as much to each creature as their toughness (the serpent has to get at least 4, the Bank at least 2 and the Snadswimmer at least 2) So no trample damage gets through.

2.So, the best bet would be to assign 4 or 5 to the serpent and 2 or 3 to the sandswimmer..... but you could assign 7 to the serpent or all 7 to the bank...hehe (would be great for me) or any other combination to my creatures.
These two options seem contradictory. It sounds like you're saying I need more than 8 damage to trample (first point), yet I could trample (second point). I suppose the statement you're making (I hope) is
3. Assign at least enough damage to at least one creature to kill it. Any remaining damage will trample.

... in which case, 5 to the Serpent (1 to you, via trample) and 2 to the Swimmer. Proceed with your coin flip.

Incidentally... Snadswimmer?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
rokapoke said:
These two options seem contradictory. It sounds like you're saying I need more than 8 damage to trample (first point), yet I could trample (second point). I suppose the statement you're making (I hope) is
3. Assign at least enough damage to at least one creature to kill it. Any remaining damage will trample.

... in which case, 5 to the Serpent (1 to you, via trample) and 2 to the Swimmer. Proceed with your coin flip.

Incidentally... Snadswimmer?
Actually you can't assign 0 to a blocker... the 1 you try to trample through has to go to the Bank.

1) you need more than 8 damage to trample any.
2) never said you could assign any to me, just my creatures. In any combination you desire.
3) Assign at least lethal damage to all blocking creatures before any trample damage could be assign to player.

Is this any clearer? Am I being obtuse? Or just downright confusing? I can do that sometimes.... sorry. :eek:

SANDSWIMMER and you flip..... only seems fair..... I call heads....

R

rokapoke

Mooseman said:
SANDSWIMMER and you flip..... only seems fair..... I call heads....
I finally had good fortune on a flip. Unfortunately, I doubt it matters, but we'll see. The flip is tails. Bye-bye Sandy!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So:
The Guard dies (7 damage delt to it) and my Serpent dies (4 damage dealt to it)
The Sandswimmer is gone too

Still your turn.

R

rokapoke

You know, I had totally forgotten that this whole exchange happened due to my attack.

Anyway, I will pass my turn. Done.

rokapoke: 11
In Play:

(UTT) Forest x3
(U) Island
(UU) Plains x2
(UT) Swamp

(U) Cackling Fiend (2/1 When CF comes into play, each opponent discards a card.)

Graveyard: Coral Merfolk, Expunge, Cradle Guard, Blanchwood Armor
RFG:

Hand: 5
In Play:

(UU) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Island ~grounded~
(UT) Mountain
(U) Forest

Graveyard:pouncing Jaguar, Rewind, Coral Merfolk, Viashino Sandswimmer, Veiled Serpent
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Forest
Attack with the Ranger that's Paged up
Horseshoe Crab
Done

rokapoke: 8
In Play:

(UTT) Forest x3
(U) Island
(UU) Plains x2
(UT) Swamp

RFG:

Hand: 4
In Play:

(UT) Plains
(U) Island
(T) Island ~grounded~
(UU) Mountain
(UU) Forest

(S) Horseshoe Crab (1/3, U: Untap Horseshoe Crab.)

Graveyard:pouncing Jaguar, Rewind, Coral Merfolk, Viashino Sandswimmer, Veiled Serpent
RFG:

R

rokapoke

EOT, gain 1 life.

Untap, upkeep
Island.
Horseshoe Crab (two can play at that game!)
Blood Vassal
Done

rokapoke: 9
In Play:

(TTT) Forest x3
(UT) Island x2
(UT) Plains x2
(UT) Swamp

(S) Blood Vassal (2/2; Sac: Add BB to mana pool)
(S) Horseshoe Crab (1/3, U: Untap Horseshoe Crab)

RFG:

Hand: 4
In Play:

(UT) Plains
(U) Island
(T) Island ~grounded~
(UU) Mountain
(UU) Forest

(S) Horseshoe Crab (1/3, U: Untap Horseshoe Crab.)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep
Attack with Rangers paged again
Venomous Fangs on my Crab
Done

rokapoke: 6
In Play:

(TTT) Forest x3
(UT) Island x2
(UT) Plains x2
(UT) Swamp

(S) Blood Vassal (2/2; Sac: Add BB to mana pool)
(S) Horseshoe Crab (1/3, U: Untap Horseshoe Crab)

RFG:

Hand: 3
In Play:

(UT) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Island ~grounded~
(UT) Mountain
(UT) Forest

Venomous Fangs 2G EC Whenever enchanted creature successfully deals damage to a creature, destroy that creature.

(U) Horseshoe Crab (1/3, U: Untap Horseshoe Crab.) ~Fanged~

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Okay, I'm going to concede here. You definitely have the better cards -- the only possible response I could've had was my Power Sink, but you have more than enough to fang your crabs (doesn't that sound dirty?)

Sadly, I had drastically misplayed my Blanchwood Armor. Or at least, attacked too early. And my rare was a Citanul Flute, which blows.

Try again? Winner picks an expansion, and I'm all for it.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I finally had a really good pack
I still had these:
Songstitcher
Pendrell Flux
Vug Lizard

Lets just move on to the next set Urza's Legacy

Spidey? Ransac? Whoever?

R

rokapoke

My remaining cards:

Citanul Flute
Turnabout
Breach
Lay Waste
Power Sink

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow, that sucked.... hehe

you had nothing to stop the ranger....

Welcome to the club, I have conceded at least 4 games.