Mindmaster Urza's Destiny: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Really? Have we been playing the other Scents wrong then in our games? Like Scent of Brine and stuff? What a set of bluff cards then... :)

Well, I think he would have used it before now to try to get rid of it so I'll take a risk and do nothing in response.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
From the Gatherer:

10/4/2004 You reveal cards, and thereby the value of X, on resolution.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
Really? Have we been playing the other Scents wrong then in our games? Like Scent of Brine and stuff? What a set of bluff cards then... :)

Well, I think he would have used it before now to try to get rid of it so I'll take a risk and do nothing in response.
Not playing them so much wrong, but speeding up the game. I revealed the first one, when you couldn't respond.

I waited till I had a swamp to cast this.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Doh, I missed you just now playing the Swamp.

No effects, both die unless you have something?

Since we don't have a library, the Elder's triggered ability is useless?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Forest, Ivy Seer, Done.

Spidey: 25
Hand: 10
In Play:

(T,U) Forest
(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Mt

(U) Fodder Cannon (4, T, sac a creature: ~ deals 4 dmg to target creature)

(S) Ivy Seer (1/1, 2G,T: Reveal any number of green cards in your hand. Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the number of cards revealed)

Graveyard: Scent of Jasmine, Elvish Lookout, Plains, Skittering Horror
RFG:

Mooseman: 18
Hand: 9
In Play:

(TU) Plains
(TT) Forest
(T?) Mountain
(T) Swamp

Graveyard: Scent of Jasmine, Capeshen Knight, Capeshen Standard, Goblin Gardner, Scent of Nightshade, Yavimaya Elder
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
untap, upkeep,
Swamp
Braidwood Sextant
Extruder
Squirming Mass
done

Hand: 10
In Play:

(T,U) Forest
(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Mt

(S) Ivy Seer (1/1, 2G,T: Reveal any number of green cards in your hand. Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the number of cards revealed)

RFG:

Hand: 6
In Play:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Forest
(T) Mountain
(TT) Swamp

(U) Braidwood Sextant (2, tap, Sacrifice Braidwood Sextant: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)3
(S) Extruder (4/3, Echo(4), Sacrifice an artifact: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.)
(S) Squirming Mass (1/1, Squirming Mass can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and black creatures.)

Graveyard: Scent of Jasmine, Capeshen Knight, Capeshen Standard, Goblin Gardner, Scent of Nightshade, Yavimaya Elder
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Keldon Vandals, responses?

In Play:

(T,U) Forest
(T,U) Plains x2
(U) Swamp
(T) Mt

RFG:

In Play:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Forest
(T) Mountain
(TT) Swamp

(U) Braidwood Sextant (2, tap, Sacrifice Braidwood Sextant: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)3
(S) Extruder (4/3, Echo(4), Sacrifice an artifact: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.)
(S) Squirming Mass (1/1, Squirming Mass can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and black creatures.)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have to say that until the Vandals resolve, right? So I'm assuming you don't have any response to the casting of the Vandals...

I'll target the Extruder. Responses to the Vandals CIP?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
I don't have to say that until the Vandals resolve, right? So I'm assuming you don't have any response to the casting of the Vandals...

I'll target the Extruder. Responses to the Vandals CIP?
Since you asked for responses, you passed priority and since I asked for a target for the CIP, I passed priority and the Vandals resolves.
CIP goes on the stack and you then picked a target.
In response to the CIP. I'll sack both of my artifacts to the Extruder's ability and target the Mass with both.
I'll pass priority.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Since you asked for responses, you passed priority and since I asked for a target for the CIP, I passed priority and the Vandals resolves.
Just making sure about you passing priority about the Vandals coming into play since anything but a "Pass Priority" can be misconstrued or unclear :)

No responses here, so the Mass gets 2 ctrs.

Forest, Done.

In Play:

(T,U,U) Forest x3
(T,U) Plains x2
(U) Swamp
(T) Mt

(U) Ivy Seer (1/1, 2G,T: Reveal any number of green cards in your hand. Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the number of cards revealed)
(S) Keldon Vandals (4/1, echo)

RFG:

In Play:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Forest
(T) Mountain
(TT) Swamp

(S) Squirming Mass (3/3, Squirming Mass can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and black creatures.) 2 +1/+1 ctrs

Graveyard: Scent of Jasmine, Capeshen Knight, Capeshen Standard, Goblin Gardner, Scent of Nightshade, Yavimaya Elder, Braidwood Sextant, Extruder
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
untap, upkeep
swamp
Attack with Mass
Responses?

In Play:

(T,U,U) Forest x3
(T,U) Plains x2
(U) Swamp
(T) Mt

(U) Ivy Seer (1/1, 2G,T: Reveal any number of green cards in your hand. Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the number of cards revealed)

RFG:

In Play:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Forest
(U) Mountain
(UUU) Swamp

(T) Squirming Mass (3/3, Squirming Mass can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and black creatures.) 2 +1/+1 ctrs

Graveyard: Scent of Jasmine, Capeshen Knight, Capeshen Standard, Goblin Gardner, Scent of Nightshade, Yavimaya Elder, Braidwood Sextant, Extruder
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sanctimony

Spidey: 22?
In Play:

(T,U,U) Forest x3
(T,U) Plains x2
(U) Swamp
(T) Mt

RFG:

Hand: 5
In Play:

(UT) Plains
(UT) Forest
(U) Mountain
(UUU) Swamp

Sanctimony (Whenever one of your opponents taps a mountain for mana, you may gain 1 life.)

(T) Squirming Mass (3/3, Squirming Mass can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and black creatures.) 2 +1/+1 ctrs

RFG: