Mindmaster Tempest: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm glad I got to use it on something :)

Untap, upkeep

Rolling Thunder for 7 - 3 to the Troll, 1 to the Horror, Ranger, Pack, and you
Since you're tapped out, I assume no responses.

Done
Spidey: 10
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T,U,U) Forest x3
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T) Plains
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Vec Townships (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool. ~ doesn't untap on my next untap step)

CoP: Black (1: The next time a black source of my choice would deal dmg to me this turn, prevent that dmg)
Crown of Flames (R: Enchanted creature gets +1/+0 ueot.; R: Return ~ to its owner's hand)
No Quarter (Whenever a creature becomes blocked by a creature with lesser power, destroy the blocking creature.; Whenever a creature blocks a creature with lesser power, destroy the attacking creature)

(U) Pincher Beetlers (3/1; Shroud)
(U) Skyshroud Troll (1/1, 1G: Regenerate Skyshroud Troll.) * Crowned * ~Feeble~

Graveyard: Dark Banishing, Servant of Volrath, Tahngarth's Rage, Counterspell , Twitch, Power Sink, Rolling Thunder
Exile:

Mooseman: 13
Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(TT) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TTTT) Forest

Enfeeblement (Enchanted creature gets -2/-2)
(T) Squee's Toy (T: Prevent 1 damage to any creature.)

(S) Hound creature token (1/1)

Graveyard:Winged Sliver, Muscle Sliver Tahngarth's Rage, Soltari Foot Soldier, Puppet Strings, Soltari Lancer, Dauthi Horror, Skyshroud Troll, Skyshroud Ranger, Mongrel Pack
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well that was a big ending to that game....
Really? Dark Banishing, Counterspell, Power Sink and Rolling thunder? And Cop Black to counter all my black shadow guys.......
I am left with
Twitch
Dauthi Slayer
Whispers of the muse

So what set is next?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game!

Well, frankly, it was only because of Power Sink that I was able to use the Rolling Thunder and get rid of your Troll, the "problem child". Otherwise, it might have been a stalemate. Those were all of my creatures, so I had to save them. I didn't realize it until after my Servant was gone that I probably should have cast Blood Frenzy (in my hand) to at least kill the Troll (I don't think you had enough mana to regen twice back then).

And my other card was Rain of Tears.

Let's wait until Mirrodin Besieged comes out on Apprentice, should be soon (as they work out the bugs).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Do we need to pick a faction? Will they be in faction packs or the way that they will release it for sale?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure, I thought they'd be in regular boosters like other sets. I didn't think they'd be set up different... but you went to the prerelease, not me. I guess we'll have to see.