Mindmaster Tempest: Ransac vs. Modus Pwnens

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Prior to combat, I use my Puppet Strings to tap down that only creature I can't block.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

That's annoying =/

Oh well

Swamp, Gravedigger, digging up my Mercenary, which I'll play as well.

Done.

Modus Pwnens: 18
Hand: 8
In play:

(T, T) Plains
(T, T) Swamp
(U) Forest
(T) Mountain
(T) Island

Circle of Protection: Shadow (1: The next time a creature of your choice with shadow would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage.)
Pacifism (Enchanted creature can't attack or block.)

(U) Carrionette (1/1, 2BB: Remove ~ and target creature from the game unless that creature's controller pays 2. Play this ability only if Carrionette is in your graveyard.)
(T) Manakin (1/1, T Add 1 to your mana pool.)
(T) Angelic Protector (2/2, Flying. Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, ~ gets +0/+3 until end of turn.)
(S) Gravedigger (2/2, When ~ comes into play, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)
(S) Dauthi Mercenary (2/1, Shadow, 1B: Dauthi Mercenary gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

==========

Ransac: 13
In play:

(U) Swamp
(TU) Forest
(TT) Plains
(U) Mountain

Emerald Medallion (Green spells you play cost 1 less to play.)
(U) Puppet Strings (2,T: You may tap or untap target creature.)
Orim's Prayer (Whenever one or more creatures attack you, you gain 1 life for each attacking creature.)

(U) Pincher Beetles (3/1, shroud)
(U) Rootwalla (2/2, 1G: Rootwalla gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Play this ability only once each turn.) *pacified*
(U) Muscle Sliver (2/2, All Sliver creatures get +1/+1.)

Graveyard: Dauthi Horror
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap, Mountain, Giant Strength on my Sliver, Sadistic Glee on my sliver. Done.

In play:

(T, T) Plains
(T, T) Swamp
(U) Forest
(T) Mountain
(T) Island

Circle of Protection: Shadow (1: The next time a creature of your choice with shadow would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage.)

(U) Carrionette (1/1, 2BB: Remove ~ and target creature from the game unless that creature's controller pays 2. Play this ability only if Carrionette is in your graveyard.)
(T) Manakin (1/1, T Add 1 to your mana pool.)
(T) Angelic Protector (2/2, Flying. Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, ~ gets +0/+3 until end of turn.)
(S) Gravedigger (2/2, When ~ comes into play, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)
(S) Dauthi Mercenary (2/1, Shadow, 1B: Dauthi Mercenary gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

==========

Ransac: 13
In play:

(T) Swamp
(UU) Forest
(UU) Plains
(TT) Mountain

Orim's Prayer (Whenever one or more creatures attack you, you gain 1 life for each attacking creature.)
Giant Strength (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2) strengthening the Sliver
Sadistic Glee (Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play, put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.) glee-ing the Sliver

(U) Rootwalla (2/2, 1G: Rootwalla gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Play this ability only once each turn.) *pacified*
(U) Muscle Sliver (4/4, All Sliver creatures get +1/+1.)strengthed like a giant, sadistically gleeful

Graveyard: Dauthi Horror, Blood Frenzy
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

All right, Swamp, Servant of Volrath, done.

In play:

(T, T) Plains
(U, U, T) Swamp
(U) Forest
(U) Mountain
(U) Island

(U) Manakin (1/1, T Add 1 to your mana pool.)
(U) Gravedigger (2/2, When ~ comes into play, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)
(T) Dauthi Mercenary (2/1, Shadow, 1B: Dauthi Mercenary gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)
(S) Servant of Volrath (3/3, When Servant of Volrath leaves play, sacrifice a creature.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

==========

Ransac: 11
In play:

(T) Swamp
(UU) Forest
(UU) Plains
(TT) Mountain

Sadistic Glee (Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play, put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.) glee-ing the Sliver

(U) Muscle Sliver (4/4, All Sliver creatures get +1/+1.)strengthed like a giant, sadistically gleeful

RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Actually I'm at 12, due to my Orim's Prayer.

Untap, Upkeep, Swamp, Attack with my Sliver. Blocks?

In play:

(T, T) Plains
(U, U, T) Swamp
(U) Forest
(U) Mountain
(U) Island

(U) Manakin (1/1, T Add 1 to your mana pool.)
(U) Gravedigger (2/2, When ~ comes into play, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)
(T) Dauthi Mercenary (2/1, Shadow, 1B: Dauthi Mercenary gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)
(S) Servant of Volrath (3/3, When Servant of Volrath leaves play, sacrifice a creature.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

==========

Ransac: 12
In play:

(UU) Swamp
(UU) Forest
(UU) Plains
(UU) Mountain

RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The TRICK..... is that if I have to deal with the Carrionette eventually, I'll make it be sooner than later so I can stop worrying about it being on the field. OH! And an Elvish Fury with buyback (paying one of each) on to make my sliver a 6/6.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

I'll respond to the Fury with a Lightning Blast, targeting your sliver. Got anything else up your sleeve sir?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Cast the Elvish Fury again with buyback again, tapping out. You gonna pop your Carrionette now?

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

You can't cast the Elvish Fury again, as it's still on the stack

Short explanation of buyback: buyback represents two static abilities. First of all "Buyback [cost]" means "You may pay an additional [cost] as you play this spell" and "If the buyback cost was paid, put this spell into its owner’s hand instead of into that player’s graveyard as it resolves.".
As the Fury is still on the stack while i cast the blast, you can't play it "again".

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My bad. I forgot about the whole "stack" thing. :rolleyes: I shall then scoop. I have no more decent creatures in my hand and with my Fury about to head to the graveyard, there's nothing left I can do.

You choose the next set.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

Already? Ah well, I'm always in for a quickie :D

We shall continue towards Mercadian Masques.