Mindmaster SOK: Spidey vs BigBlue

B

BigBlue

That and your complete lack of black creatures... :)

UU (gain 4, lose 4)

Play Island
Swing for 4 w/ fear dude
Done.

(let's see if I can withstand your attack...)

Spidey: 5 1?
Hand: 6
In Play:

(T,U) Mt x2
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Island x2

(U) Ebony Owl Netsuke (At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, if that player has seven or more cards in his hand, ~ deals 4 dmg to him)

(U) Matsu-Tribe Birdstalker (2/2, Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a creature, tap that creature and it doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. G: ~ gains Reach ueot)
(U) Kitsune Loreweaver (1/2, 1W: ~ gets +0/+X ueot, where X is the # of cards in my hand)
(U) Kami of the Tended Garden (4/4, At the beginning of my upkeep, sac ~ unless I pay G. Soulshift 3)
(U) Sakura Tribe-Scout (1/1, T: I may put a land card from my hand into play)
(S) Reki, the History of Kamigawa (1/2, Whenever I play a legendary spell, draw a card)
(S) Promised Kannushi (1/1; Soulshift:7)

Graveyard: Akki Underling, Ronin Cavekeeper
RFG:

(Hand) Glitterfang (1/1, Haste, Aeot, return ~ to its owner's hand)
--------------------------------------------
BigBlue: 11
Hand: 7 (incl Mountain)
In Play:

(U) Ivory Crane Netsuke (At the beginning my upkeep, if I have seven or more cards in my hand, I gain 4 life)

(U) Forest
(U) Plains
(UU) Swamp
(UU) Island
(UU) Mountain

(U) Promised Kannushi (1/1; Soulshift:7)
(T) Deathmask Nezumi (4/3; Fear; ~ gains Fear and gets +2/+1 if I have 7 or more cards in hand)
(U) Kiri-Onna (2/2; Spirit; When ~ cip, return target creature to it's owner's hand. When I play a Spirit or arcane spell I may return ~ to my hand)
(U) Sokenzan Spellblade (2/3; Bushido 1; 1R: ~ gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the number of cards in your hand.)

Graveyard: Barrel Down Sokenzan, Curtain of Light, Oppressive Will
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - pay G

Glitterfang
Responses?

Spidey: 1
Hand: 4
In Play:

(T,U) Mt x2
(T,U,U) Forest x3
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Island x2

(U) Ebony Owl Netsuke (At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, if that player has seven or more cards in his hand, ~ deals 4 dmg to him)

(U) Matsu-Tribe Birdstalker (2/2, Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a creature, tap that creature and it doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. G: ~ gains Reach ueot)
(U) Kitsune Loreweaver (1/2, 1W: ~ gets +0/+X ueot, where X is the # of cards in my hand)
(U) Kami of the Tended Garden (4/4, At the beginning of my upkeep, sac ~ unless I pay G. Soulshift 3)
(U) Sakura Tribe-Scout (1/1, T: I may put a land card from my hand into play)
(U) Reki, the History of Kamigawa (1/2, Whenever I play a legendary spell, draw a card)
(U) Spirit token (1/1)
(U) Glitterfang (1/1, Haste, Aeot, return ~ to its owner's hand)

Graveyard: Akki Underling, Ronin Cavekeeper, Spiritual Visit
RFG:

In Play:

(U) Ivory Crane Netsuke (At the beginning my upkeep, if I have seven or more cards in my hand, I gain 4 life)

(U) Forest
(U) Plains
(UU) Swamp
(UU) Island
(UU) Mountain

(T) Deathmask Nezumi (4/3; Fear; ~ gains Fear and gets +2/+1 if I have 7 or more cards in hand)
(U) Kiri-Onna (2/2; Spirit; When ~ cip, return target creature to it's owner's hand. When I play a Spirit or arcane spell I may return ~ to my hand)
(U) Sokenzan Spellblade (2/3; Bushido 1; 1R: ~ gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the number of cards in your hand.)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Attack with all

GGWU and discarding Shinen of Life's Roar to channel it, targeting my Spirit token.
Responses/blocks/game? <crosses fingers>

Spidey: 1
Hand: 3
In Play:

(T,U) Mt x2
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Island x2

(T) Matsu-Tribe Birdstalker (2/2, Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a creature, tap that creature and it doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. G: ~ gains Reach ueot)
(T) Kitsune Loreweaver (1/2, 1W: ~ gets +0/+X ueot, where X is the # of cards in my hand)
(T) Kami of the Tended Garden (4/4, At the beginning of my upkeep, sac ~ unless I pay G. Soulshift 3)
(T) Sakura Tribe-Scout (1/1, T: I may put a land card from my hand into play)
(T) Reki, the History of Kamigawa (1/2, Whenever I play a legendary spell, draw a card)
(T) Promised Kannushi (1/1; Soulshift:7)
(T) Spirit token (1/1)
(T) Glitterfang (1/1, Haste, Aeot, return ~ to its owner's hand)

Graveyard: Akki Underling, Ronin Cavekeeper, Spiritual Visit, Shinen of Life's Roar
RFG:

In Play:

(U) Forest
(U) Plains
(UU) Swamp
(UU) Island
(UU) Mountain

RFG:

B

BigBlue

I hate it when I had the means to be more passive and still win...

Good Game, well Played...

Holding

Reverence - would have stopped you, was trying to keep fear etc when I coulda still kept fear and been more defensive... with...
Moonbow Illusionist (which would have allowed me to bounce my lands to account for 7 cards...)
Footsteps of the Goryo - junk really except I coulda comboed it nicely w/ Onna
Kitsune Dawnblade - junk, not completely, just mostly...
Raving Oni-Slave - no demons...
Death Denied - perfect, if you'd have killed anything...
Matsu-Tribe Birdstalker - in case I needed it...

On to the next block...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I can't believe I pulled that out. I was really on the ropes...

I just don't get any real beef... well, I did, but you had the removal to get rid of my early ones... I thought the Ebony Owl was the game-winner and you had the counter for it right away...

I was left with:

Overwhelming Intellect - could never save enough mana for it
Death of a Thousand Stings - ditto

Onto Ravnica!