Mindmaster Rivals of Ixalan: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Damn.... well, honestly, though it seems way overpowered for Mindmaster, certain cards are, like the one that deals damage to you equal to the size of your hand... so in the casual spirit, I'm fine with you getting a card outside the game but with Aethertow, don't the untapped creatures have to share its color to use Conspire? Aethertow is blue/white and you have one white untapped creature and one green untapped creature, right?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That probably turns the game around :)

Recover, getting the Giltgrove Stalker
Giltgrove Stalker

Done

Spidey: 7
City's Blessing
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T,U) Mt x2
(T,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T,U) Plains x2

(U) Traveler's Amulet (1, Sac ~: Search my library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into my hand, then shuffle my library)

(U) Forerunner of the Empire (1/3; ETB search library ability; Whenever a Dinosaur ETB under my control, I may have ~ deal 1 dmg to each creature)
(U) Orazca Raptor (Dinosaur; 3/4)
(S) Giltgrove Stalker (2/1; ~ can't be blocked by creatures with power 2 or less)

Graveyard: Mutiny, Giltgrove Stalker, Cleansing Ray, Canal Monitor, Dire Fleet Neckbreaker, Tilonalli's Crown, Journey to Eternity
Exile: River Darter, Mansoleum Harpy

=============================================================================================

Mooseman: 4
City Blessing
Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UUU) Swamp x3
(U) Island
(UU) Mountain x2
(UUU) Forest x2

(S) Saproling token (1/1)
(U) Sun-created Pterodon (Dino, 2/5, Flying Sun-Crested Pterodon has vigilance as long as you control another Dinosaur. )
(T) Deadeye Brawler (Human Pirate, 2/4, Deathtouch Ascend (If you control ten or more permanents, you get the city's blessing for the rest of the game.) Whenever ~deals combat damage to a player, if you have the city's blessing, draw a card.)
(T) Cacophodon (Dino, 2/5, Whenever Cacophodon is dealt damage, untap target permanent.)

Graveyard: Raging Regisaur, Moment of Triumph, See Red, Buccaneer's Bravado, Jade Bearer, Hardy Veteran, Dinasaur Hunter, Overgrown Armasaur, Deadeye Rig-hauler, Orazca Frillback, Mastermind's Acquisition, Divergent Transformations
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That's what I said.
UU
Attack with flyer for 2
Done

Spidey: 5
City's Blessing
Battlefield:

(T,U) Mt x2
(T,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T,U) Plains x2

(U) Traveler's Amulet (1, Sac ~: Search my library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into my hand, then shuffle my library)

(U) Forerunner of the Empire (1/3; ETB search library ability; Whenever a Dinosaur ETB under my control, I may have ~ deal 1 dmg to each creature)
(S) Giltgrove Stalker (2/1; ~ can't be blocked by creatures with power 2 or less)

Graveyard: Mutiny, Giltgrove Stalker, Cleansing Ray, Canal Monitor, Dire Fleet Neckbreaker, Tilonalli's Crown, Journey to Eternity

=============================================================================================

Mooseman: 4
City Blessing
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UUU) Swamp x3
(U) Island
(UU) Mountain x2
(UUU) Forest x2

(U) Saproling token (1/1)
(U) Sun-created Pterodon (Dino, 2/5, Flying Sun-Crested Pterodon has vigilance as long as you control another Dinosaur. )
(U) Deadeye Brawler (Human Pirate, 2/4, Deathtouch Ascend (If you control ten or more permanents, you get the city's blessing for the rest of the game.) Whenever ~deals combat damage to a player, if you have the city's blessing, draw a card.)
(U) Cacophodon (Dino, 2/5, Whenever Cacophodon is dealt damage, untap target permanent.)

Graveyard: Raging Regisaur, Moment of Triumph, See Red, Buccaneer's Bravado, Jade Bearer, Hardy Veteran, Dinasaur Hunter, Overgrown Armasaur, Deadeye Rig-hauler, Orazca Frillback, Mastermind's Acquisition, Divergent Transformations
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Attack with the Stalker for 2

Done

Spidey: 5
City's Blessing
Battlefield:

(T,U) Mt x2
(T,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T,U) Plains x2

(T) Giltgrove Stalker (2/1; ~ can't be blocked by creatures with power 2 or less)

Mooseman: 2
City Blessing
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UUU) Swamp x3
(U) Island
(UU) Mountain x2
(UUU) Forest x2

(U) Saproling token (1/1)
(U) Deadeye Brawler (Human Pirate, 2/4, Deathtouch Ascend (If you control ten or more permanents, you get the city's blessing for the rest of the game.) Whenever ~deals combat damage to a player, if you have the city's blessing, draw a card.)
(U) Cacophodon (Dino, 2/5, Whenever Cacophodon is dealt damage, untap target permanent.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well that didn't work out to well for me
Good game
I just have a land in my hand
Alpha strike will only do 4 damage to you.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, I pulled it out? Wooo! Good game! All I had was the booster land and Secrets of the Golden City. Onto the next!