Mindmaster Ravnica: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
None, I lose my Safeguard and Saproling and we both lose 3 life (although I gain 3 from the Safeguard for a net of 0)

Ctr is still on stack, responses? Dmg on stack? Dmg resolves?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Done

Spidey: 8
Hand: 4
In Play:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T) Island x2

Galvanic Arc (When ~ CIP, it deals 3 dmg to target creature or player. Enchanted creature has first strike)

(U) Thoughtpicker Witch (1/1, 1, sac a creature: Look at the top 2 cards of Mooseman's library, then remove one of them from the game)
(T) Lurking Informant (4/5, 2, T: Look at the top card of target player's library. I may put that card into that player's graveyard) *3 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Gogari Guildmage (2/2, 4B, Sac a creature: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand. 4G: Put a +1/+1 ctr on target creature)
(U) Torpid Moloch (3/2, Defender, Sac 3 lands: ~ loses defender ueot)
(U) Selesnya Evangel (1/2, 1, T, Tap an untapped creature I control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play)
(T) Barbarian Riftcutter (8/8, First Strike, R, Sac ~: Destroy target land) *Galvanized* *5 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Last Gasp, Brainspoil, Induce Paranoia, Centaur Safeguard
RFG:

Mooseman: 11
Hand: 3
In Play:

(U) Plains
(UU) Island
(UUU) Swamp
(TU) Mountain
(TU) Forest

Flight of Fancy (When Flight of Fancy comes into play, draw two cards. Enchanted creature has flying.)

(T) Bramble Elemental (4/4 Whenever an Aura becomes attached to Bramble Elemental, put two 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens into play.) ~Flighted~
(U) Dimir House Guard (2/3 Fear Sacrifice a creature: Regenerate Dimir House Guard.)

Graveyard: Divebomber Griffin, Transluminant, Centaur Safeguard, Boros Recruit, Siege Wurm, Flight of Fancy, Blockbuster, Tidewater Minion, Birds of Paradise
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep
Guardian of Vitu-Ghazi
attack with flier for 4
done

Spidey: 4
In Play:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T) Island x2

Galvanic Arc (When ~ CIP, it deals 3 dmg to target creature or player. Enchanted creature has first strike)

(U) Thoughtpicker Witch (1/1, 1, sac a creature: Look at the top 2 cards of Mooseman's library, then remove one of them from the game)
(T) Lurking Informant (4/5, 2, T: Look at the top card of target player's library. I may put that card into that player's graveyard) *3 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Gogari Guildmage (2/2, 4B, Sac a creature: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand. 4G: Put a +1/+1 ctr on target creature)
(U) Torpid Moloch (3/2, Defender, Sac 3 lands: ~ loses defender ueot)
(U) Selesnya Evangel (1/2, 1, T, Tap an untapped creature I control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play)
(T) Barbarian Riftcutter (8/8, First Strike, R, Sac ~: Destroy target land) *Galvanized* *5 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Last Gasp, Brainspoil, Induce Paranoia, Centaur Safeguard
RFG:

Hand: 2
In Play:

(U) Plains
(UT) Island
(TTT) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TT) Forest

Flight of Fancy (When Flight of Fancy comes into play, draw two cards. Enchanted creature has flying.)

(T) Bramble Elemental (4/4 Whenever an Aura becomes attached to Bramble Elemental, put two 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens into play.) ~Flighted~
(U) Dimir House Guard (2/3 Fear Sacrifice a creature: Regenerate Dimir House Guard.)
(S) Guardian of Vitu-Ghazi (4/7, Vigilance )

Graveyard: Divebomber Griffin, Transluminant, Centaur Safeguard, Boros Recruit, Siege Wurm, Flight of Fancy, Blockbuster, Tidewater Minion, Birds of Paradise
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yowza... how come he didn't come out sooner?

Untap, upkeep

Add a ctr to my Witch
Sac 3 lands to have my Moloch lose defender
Attack with all
Responses/blocks?

In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(T) Mt
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Island x2

(T) Thoughtpicker Witch (2/2, 1, sac a creature: Look at the top 2 cards of Mooseman's library, then remove one of them from the game) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Gogari Guildmage (2/2, 4B, Sac a creature: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand. 4G: Put a +1/+1 ctr on target creature)
(T) Torpid Moloch (3/2, Defender, Sac 3 lands: ~ loses defender ueot)
(T) Selesnya Evangel (1/2, 1, T, Tap an untapped creature I control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play)

Graveyard: Last Gasp, Brainspoil, Induce Paranoia, Centaur Safeguard, Swamp, Forest, Mt
RFG:

In Play:

(U) Plains
(UT) Island
(TTT) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(S) Guardian of Vitu-Ghazi (4/7, Vigilance )

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Guard blocks Lurking Informant
Guardian blocks Barbarian
Use Guardian to regen Guard

Got any tricks?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
May I ask first if it's okay to have my Forest, Swamp, and Mt untapped? I meant to sac the tapped ones from placing the ctr, which is why I placed the ctr in the first place...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Really? Did I misplay something?

Thanks, I'll then tap out to add a ctr to my Witch.

Responses? Dmg on stack? Dmg resolves?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Nothing from me.....

I think I would have either pumped more creatures or created more tokens to force me to set off the blockbuster earlier...... And why didn't you attack with the big guy a few turns, his first strike would have kept him alive.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you put out the Blockbuster pretty early, so you could have blocked with the Tidewater and another creature (which were all big) and sacced the Blockbuster to kill my Barb, which was why I was putting the ctrs on him initially. So then I didn't have enough to make more tokens.

So you're taking 9

Done

In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(T) Mt
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T) Island x2

(T) Thoughtpicker Witch (3/3, 1, sac a creature: Look at the top 2 cards of Mooseman's library, then remove one of them from the game) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Gogari Guildmage (2/2, 4B, Sac a creature: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand. 4G: Put a +1/+1 ctr on target creature)
(T) Selesnya Evangel (1/2, 1, T, Tap an untapped creature I control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play)

Graveyard: Last Gasp, Brainspoil, Induce Paranoia, Centaur Safeguard, Swamp, Forest, Mt
RFG:

Mooseman: 2
In Play:

(U) Plains
(UT) Island
(TTT) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(T) Dimir House Guard (2/3 Fear Sacrifice a creature: Regenerate Dimir House Guard.)

Graveyard: Divebomber Griffin, Transluminant, Centaur Safeguard, Boros Recruit, Siege Wurm, Flight of Fancy, Blockbuster, Tidewater Minion, Birds of Paradise, Guardian of Vitu-Ghazi
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
untap, upkeep,
Attack with flier
Got anything?

In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(T) Mt
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T) Island x2

(T) Thoughtpicker Witch (3/3, 1, sac a creature: Look at the top 2 cards of Mooseman's library, then remove one of them from the game) *2 +1/+1 ctr*

RFG:

Mooseman: 2
In Play:

(U) Plains
(UU) Island
(UUU) Swamp
(UU) Mountain
(UU) Forest

Graveyard: Divebomber Griffin, Transluminant, Centaur Safeguard, Boros Recruit, Siege Wurm, Flight of Fancy, Blockbuster, Tidewater Minion, Birds of Paradise, Guardian of Vitu-Ghazi
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. Good game!

I messed up at the end, I had Ghosts of the Innocent, which I should have cast instead of placing a ctr before my combat. That would have bought me one more turn and I would have gotten through for 4 points of dmg, I think. Also had

Perilous Forays
Reroute
Shambling Shell

Onto Guildpact!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Good one

I think you had the faster and stronger pack.... most of my stuff had double mana costs and that slowed me way down and not much removal. I didn't use my counter because of costs...

Hand:
Induce Paranoia
Psychic Drain

My average cc was 4 and only 4 cards under 4cc.....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All you needed was that second Flight of Fancy... which I think means there's a bug in BigBlue's generator because it seems almost every pack generated gets some double (which was a problem with your generator, I think...)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
All you needed was that second Flight of Fancy... which I think means there's a bug in BigBlue's generator because it seems almost every pack generated gets some double (which was a problem with your generator, I think...)
I didn't have a generator, I used suitcase..... but BB's generator has a randomized booster that seems to eliminate the doubles.