Mindmaster Planar Chaos: Spidey vs BigBlue

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops, wasn't keeping track :)

So both die and I'll have to concede since I can't cast Pongify or Whitemain Lion. Good game! What's next? Are we going in order of sets released?

Spidey: 16
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

Melancholy (When ~ ETB, tap enchanted creature.; Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.; At the beginning of my upkeep, sac ~ unless I pay B) **Reality being eaten away**

Graveyard: Keldon Marauders, Simian Spirit Guide, Frozen AEther, Aquamorph Entity, Wistful Thinking, Poultice Sliver, Brute Force, Sinew Sliver, Darkheart Sliver, Essence Warden, Fatal Frenzy, Primal Plasm
Exile:
=================================================================
BigBlue: 15
Hand: 0
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(TU) Swamp x2
(TU) Plains x2
(UU) Forest x2
(U) Mountain

(aura) Reality Acid (Enchant Permanent; Enters Battlefield with 3 TC; When ~ has 0 time counters, Sac ~ and Ench Permanent must also be sac'd) (3 Time Counters) (On Melancholy)
(aura) Dust Corona (Enchant Creature; Ench Creature gains +2/+0 and can't be blocked by creatures with flying)

(T) Aquamorph Entity (1/5; useless cip stuff)
(T) Voidstone Gargoyle(5/3; Flying; When ~ CiP choose the name of a card. Cards with that name may not be played, have abilities activated in play or out of play) (Named Pongify) **Dusty** (Can't be blocked by creatures with Flying) *Melancholy*
(T) Dunerider Outlaw (3/3 from ctr; Protection from Green; During each end step, if ~ dealt dmg to an opp during that turn, then put a +1/+1 counter on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Wistful Thinking, Simian Spirit Guide, Battering Sliver, Healing Leaves, Vampiric Link, Treacherous Urge, Dawn Charm, Rough//Tumble, Evolution Charm, Pallid Mycoderm
Exile:

B

BigBlue

Not that it'd probably matter - but doesn't the lion have Flash - so you couldv've bounced your plasma?

I show Future Sight as the next expansion. Heads or Tails?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but then I wouldn't have been able to deal damage. Not that it really mattered, since my Melancholy was being eaten away and the Outlaw was getting bigger.

I'll start a new thread.

B

BigBlue

Does damage go on the stack still? I have been thinking you could stack your damage and then bounce. I just don't know if that still works. Thanks.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, they got rid of that in 10th? 11th? rules update. Now damage just all resolves. Otherwise, yeah, I would have done that :D

B

BigBlue

See - that's part of why I was a little worried... I was thinking Giant Growth + Frenzy, then lion to retrieve the creature back... good to know that damage doesn't stack any more.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I would have done that after combat resolved and during my second main, if it was still alive by then :)