Mindmaster Mirrodin: Spidey vs BigBlue

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT, gain a life (I assume you knew I'd do that since you didn't subtract from your attack) and sac the Necrobomb, causing you to discard your last card.

Untap, upkeep

Vedalkan Archmage

Done

And I'm willing to call a draw unless you want to alpha on me repeatedly, because I can't break through right now and I'll just keep using the Tanglebloom to offset the Imp.

BigBlue: 14
Hand: 0
In Play

(Equip) Slagwurm Armor (Equipped creature gets +0/+6; Equip:3) ~ on Woebearer

(U) Nuisance Engine (2,T: Put a 0/1 Pest artifact token in play)

(TTUU) Forest
(TTTU) Swamp
(T) Tree of Tales (T:G; Artifact Land)
(TT) Plains

(U) Tel-Jilad Exile (2/3; 1G: Regenerate)
(U) Woebearer (2/9; Fear; When ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may return a creature from my GY to my Hand) ~Armored
(U) Bottle Gnomes (1/3; Sac ~: gain 3 life)
(T) Chimney Imp (1/2; Flying; If ~ goes to the gy from play, opponents put a card from their hand on top of their library)
(S) Tel-Jilad Archers (2/4; Reach; Protection from Artifacts)

Graveyard: Fangren Hunter, Soldier Replica, Steel Wall, Sunbeam Spellbomb, Dross Harvester, Clockwork Beetle, card from hand
RfG:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Spiderman: 9
Hand: 2
In Play

(T,U,U) Forest x3
(T,U) Mt x2
(T,T) Island x2
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Plains

(U) Tanglebloom (1, T: I gain 1 life)

(U) Pewter Golem (4/2, 1B: Regen ~)
(U) Wanderguard Sentry (3/3, When ~ CIP, look at target opponent's hand)
(U) Groffskithur (3/3, When ~ becomes blocked, I may return target card named ~ from my graveyard to my hand)
(U) Trolls of Tel-Jihad (5/6, 1G: Regen ~)
(S) Vedelkan Archmage (0/2, Whenever I play an artifact spell, draw a card)

Graveyard: AEther Spellbomb, Irradiate, Dross Prowler, Soldier Replica, Electrostatic Bolt, Omega Myr, Necrogen Spellbomb
RfG:

B

BigBlue

Sounds good to me. I don't know if I could have done things much different to avoid the draw with your removal... I had decent stuff, just no removal of my own.

On to Darksteel. I'm ready whenever you are. HEADS!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm wondering if I should have used the Bolt on the Imp, but then, it'd still be a stalemate (I think) since I still couldn't break through, just gain a bunch of life.

I needed to get rid of that Armor :) All I had left was Fabricate and Needlebug.