Mindmaster Mercadian Masques: Spiderman vs Limited

L

Limited

The Official makes you discard a card at random..

After that, first strike damage on the stack?

L

Limited

Tap G and discard a Crash to give the Steadfast Guard +2/+2

L

Limited

First strike damage resolves?

Then, I'll pay 2B to regen my Official and pay BB to pump the legate to 3/3

Damage on the stack?

L

Limited

I wasn't allowed to play the swamp before my attack; I already have ten lands. Sorry!

So, damage resolves.

A lot of your creatures die :D

Play Tonic Peddler

Done (taking two damage)

Limited 7
Handsize: 4
In play:

(UT) 2x Plains
(TTTT) 4x Swamp
(TT) 2x Mountain
(UT) 2x Forest

(U) Puffer Extract (X, T: Target creature you control gets +X/+X until end of turn. Destroy it at end of turn)

(T) Deepwood Drummer (1/1; G,T,Discard a card: Target creature gets +2/+2 ueot) - enchanted with Insubordination (At the end of enchanted creature's controllers turn, ~ deals 2 dmg to that player unless enchanted creature attacked)
(UA) Steadfast Guard (2/2, Vigilance)
(T) Revered Elder (1/2; 1: Prevent one damage to Revered Elder)
(T) Lightning Hounds (3/2, first strike)
(T) Deepwood Legate (1/1, B: Deepwood Legate gets +1/+1 until end of turn)
(T) Corrupt Official (3/1 2B: regenerate. If is becomes blocked, defender player discards a card at random)
(U) Tonic Peddler (W,T, Discard a card: Target player gains 3 life.)

Graveyard: Howling Wolf, Thermal Glider, Crash
Removed:

Spiderman 7
In play:

(T,U) Island x2
(U) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2
(T,U,U) Swamp x3
(U) Forest

(T) Cloud Sprite (1/1, flying, ~ can only block creatures with flying)
(T) Crossbow Infantry (1/1, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking or blocking creature)
(T) Cackling Witch (1/1, XB, T, discard a card: target creature gets +X/+0 ueot)

Graveyard: Remote Farm, Caustic Wasps, Fountain of Cho, Battle Rampart, Lightning Hounds, Ramosian Lieutenant, Misshapen Fiend
Removed:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think that is it for me...

Untap, upkeep, attack with the Sprite for 1, Done.

Limited 6
In play:

(UT) 2x Plains
(TTTT) 4x Swamp
(TT) 2x Mountain
(UT) 2x Forest

(U) Puffer Extract (X, T: Target creature you control gets +X/+X until end of turn. Destroy it at end of turn)

(T) Deepwood Drummer (1/1; G,T,Discard a card: Target creature gets +2/+2 ueot) - enchanted with Insubordination (At the end of enchanted creature's controllers turn, ~ deals 2 dmg to that player unless enchanted creature attacked)
(U) Steadfast Guard (2/2, Vigilance)
(T) Corrupt Official (3/1 2B: regenerate. If is becomes blocked, defender player discards a card at random)

Removed:

Spiderman 7
In play:

(U,U) Island x2
(U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U) Forest

(U) Crossbow Infantry (1/1, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking or blocking creature)
(U) Cackling Witch (1/1, XB, T, discard a card: target creature gets +X/+0 ueot)

Graveyard: Remote Farm, Caustic Wasps, Fountain of Cho, Battle Rampart, Lightning Hounds, Ramosian Lieutenant, Misshapen Fiend
Removed:

L

Limited

Untap, upkeep

Attack with:
Revered Elder, Steadfast Guard, Lightning Hounds, Deepwood Legate, Corrupt Official

Limited 6
In play:

(UU) 2x Plains
(UUUU) 4x Swamp
(UU) 2x Mountain
(UU) 2x Forest

(U) Deepwood Drummer (1/1; G,T,Discard a card: Target creature gets +2/+2 ueot) - enchanted with Insubordination (At the end of enchanted creature's controllers turn, ~ deals 2 dmg to that player unless enchanted creature attacked)

Removed:

Spiderman 7
In play:

(U,U) Island x2
(U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U) Forest

(U) Crossbow Infantry (1/1, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking or blocking creature)
(U) Cackling Witch (1/1, XB, T, discard a card: target creature gets +X/+0 ueot)

Removed:

L

Limited

tap BBB to give the Legate +3/+3 and pay WRR to give the Elder +3/+3 with the Puffer Extract.

Damage on the stack?

Limited 6
In play:

(UT) 2x Plains
(UTTT) 4x Swamp
(TT) 2x Mountain
(UU) 2x Forest

(T) Puffer Extract (X, T: Target creature you control gets +X/+X until end of turn. Destroy it at end of turn)

(U) Deepwood Drummer (1/1; G,T,Discard a card: Target creature gets +2/+2 ueot) - enchanted with Insubordination (At the end of enchanted creature's controllers turn, ~ deals 2 dmg to that player unless enchanted creature attacked)

Removed:

Spiderman 4
In play:

(U,U) Island x2
(U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U) Forest

Removed:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll tap the Infantry to deal a pt of dmg to the Guard. Damage can go on the stack if you don't have anything else.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. That's it for me. Good game!

Man, I messed up attacking with the Wasp... but then, I think I messed up earlier...

My hand:

Cateran Brute
Delraich

Onto the next?

L

Limited

My pack:
Corrupt Official
Deepwood Legate
Puffer Extract
Tonic Peddler
Crash
Deepwood Drummer
Howling Wolf
Lightning Hounds
Ramosian Lieutenant
Revered Elder
Rouse
Snorting Ghar
Steadfast Guard
Thermal Glider
Wild Jhovall

Why didn't you just try to kill me on the previous turn? You attacked with the Sprite for 1, when you could have used the Cackling Witch to kill me?

I had totally miscounted the turn before that, figuring I would only need five attackers to let one get through unblocked (and use the Extract to kill you). Imagine my surprise when you blocked all my creatures!

But indeed, on to the next.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Because I'm a dopeyhead and was totally thinking about defense and needing the Witch for it :rolleyes: Doh!

L

Limited

I think my pack wasn't all that good; the only thing I could hope for is that you'd have no answer to the Puffer Extract + Corrupt Oficial "combo"...

But that Insubordination was totally killing me!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know. I was hoping to outlast you... and if I had played my turns right, killed the Puffer Extract with the Wasps so better even the odds in an all-out attack. Oh well.