Mindmaster M15: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My Zof and Tern dies, as does your Soldier and Insect token. You gain 3 life from the Wall but take 1 from the Squid.

Ancient Silverback
Child of Night
Mt - gain a life

Done

Spidey: 14
Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(T) Island
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,T) Plains x3

(U) Staff of the Flame Magus (Whenever I cast a red spell or a Mt ETB under my control, I gain 1 life)

(T) Borderland Marauder (1/2; Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +2/+0 ueot)
(U) Coral Barrier (1/3; Defender; When ~ ETB, put a 1/1 blue Squid creature token w/islandwalk onto the battlefield)
(T) Squid creature token (1/1; Islandwalk)
(T) Invasive Species (3/3; When ~ ETB, return another permanent I control to its owner's hand)
(S) Ancient Silverback (6/5; G: Regen ~)
(S) Child of Night (2/1; Lifelink)

Graveyard: Peel From Reality, Shadowcloak Vampire, Avacyn, Guardian Angel, Welkin Tern, Zof Shade
Exile:

===============================================================
Mooseman: 17
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UT) Island
(T) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(UUU) Forest

(U) Selfless Cathar (1/1, {1}{W}, Sacrifice ~: Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.)
(U) Wall of Essence (0/4, For each 1 combat damage dealt to Wall of Essence, gain 1 life.)
(T) Black Cat (1/1, When ~ dies, target opponent discards a card at random)
(U) Soldier Token (1/1)
(U) Netcaster Spider (2/3, Reach. Whenever ~ blocks a creature with flying, ~ gets +2/+0 until end of turn.)
(U) Hornet Queen (2/2, Flying, deathtouch. When ~ enters the battlefield, put four 1/1 green Insect creature tokens with flying and deathtouch onto the battlefield. )
(U) Insect Creature Token (1/1, flying and deathtouch)
(T) Insect Creature Token (1/1, flying and deathtouch)

Graveyard: Raise the Alarm, Ulcerate, Hydrosurge, Encrust, Stoke the Flames
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU
Plains
Kinsbaile SkirmisherTargeting the Queen
Attack with al the fliers
Response/Block?

Spidey: 14
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(T) Island
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,T) Plains x3

(U) Staff of the Flame Magus (Whenever I cast a red spell or a Mt ETB under my control, I gain 1 life)

(U) Coral Barrier (1/3; Defender; When ~ ETB, put a 1/1 blue Squid creature token w/islandwalk onto the battlefield)
(T) Invasive Species (3/3; When ~ ETB, return another permanent I control to its owner's hand)

Graveyard: Peel From Reality, Shadowcloak Vampire, Avacyn, Guardian Angel, Welkin Tern, Zof Shade
Exile:

Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(UU) Island
(T) Swamp
(UU) Mountain
(UUU) Forest

(U) Selfless Cathar (1/1, {1}{W}, Sacrifice ~: Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.)
(U) Wall of Essence (0/4, For each 1 combat damage dealt to Wall of Essence, gain 1 life.)
(T) Black Cat (1/1, When ~ dies, target opponent discards a card at random)
(U) Soldier Token (1/1)
(U) Netcaster Spider (2/3, Reach. Whenever ~ blocks a creature with flying, ~ gets +2/+0 until end of turn.)
(T) Hornet Queen (2/2, Flying, deathtouch. When ~ enters the battlefield, put four 1/1 green Insect creature tokens with flying and deathtouch onto the battlefield. )
(S) Kinsbaile Skirmisher (2/2,When ~ ETBy, target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)

Graveyard: Raise the Alarm, Ulcerate, Hydrosurge, Encrust, Stoke the Flames
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That's 10
Carnivorous Moss-Beast
done

Spidey: 4
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(T) Island
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,T) Plains x3

Exile:

Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Island
(T) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TTT) Forest

(U) Black Cat (1/1, When ~ dies, target opponent discards a card at random)
(U) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Hornet Queen (2/2, Flying, deathtouch. When ~ enters the battlefield, put four 1/1 green Insect creature tokens with flying and deathtouch onto the battlefield. )
(S) Kinsbaile Skirmisher (2/2,When ~ ETBy, target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
(S) Carnivorous Moss-Beast (4/5, {5}{G}{G}: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~)

Graveyard: Raise the Alarm, Ulcerate, Hydrosurge, Encrust, Stoke the Flames, Selfless Cathar
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You definitely got the stronger pack.

Untap, upkeep

Attack with all but the Barrier
Responses/blocks/take it?

Battlefield:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Plains x3

(T) Ancient Silverback (6/5; G: Regen ~)
(T) Child of Night (2/1; Lifelink)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Island
(T) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TTT) Forest

(U) Black Cat (1/1, When ~ dies, target opponent discards a card at random)
(U) Soldier Token (1/1)

Graveyard: Raise the Alarm, Ulcerate, Hydrosurge, Encrust, Stoke the Flames, Selfless Cathar
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wall blocks Child
Cat blocks Marauder ( I choose 3 for random discard)
Soldier blocks Silverback
Skirmisher blocks Species

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All righty... so you and I both gain 2 from the Wall and Child, your Cat, Soldier, and Skirmisher die, and you take 7 from the unblocked creatures. I discard Rummaging Goblin.

Festergloom

Done

Spidey: 6
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island
(U,U) Forest x2
(T,T,U) Plains x3

Graveyard: Peel From Reality, Shadowcloak Vampire, Avacyn, Guardian Angel, Welkin Tern, Zof Shade, Rummaging Goblin, Festergloom, Borderland Marauder, Invasive Species
Exile:

Mooseman: 12
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Island
(T) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TTT) Forest

Graveyard: Raise the Alarm, Ulcerate, Hydrosurge, Encrust, Stoke the Flames, Selfless Cathar, Black Cat, Kinsbaile Skirmisher
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh, no wonder you were not worried
UU
Forest
Attack with the hornet for 2
Power up the moss beast
Heliod's Pilgrim

Done

Spidey: 2
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island
(U,U) Forest x2
(T,T,U) Plains x3

Graveyard: Peel From Reality, Shadowcloak Vampire, Avacyn, Guardian Angel, Welkin Tern, Zof Shade, Rummaging Goblin, Festergloom, Borderland Marauder, Invasive Species
Exile:

Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Island
(U) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TTTT) Forest

(U) Carnivorous Moss-Beast (5/6, {5}{G}{G}: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~) ~ 1 +1/+1~
(S) Heliod's Pilgrim (1/2, ETB search crap)

Graveyard: Raise the Alarm, Ulcerate, Hydrosurge, Encrust, Stoke the Flames, Selfless Cathar, Black Cat, Kinsbaile Skirmisher
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean? I'm plenty worried...

Untap, upkeep

Sign In Blood targeting you
Might Makes Right, gaining a life

Done

Hand: 0
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Island
(T,U) Forest x2
(T,T,U) Plains x3

Might Makes Right (At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control each creature on the battlefield with the greatest power, gain control of target creature Mooseman controls. Untap that creature. It gains haste ueot)

(U) Ancient Silverback (6/5; G: Regen ~)
(U) Child of Night (2/1; Lifelink)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Island
(U) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TTTT) Forest

(U) Carnivorous Moss-Beast (5/6, {5}{G}{G}: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~) ~ 1 +1/+1~
(S) Heliod's Pilgrim (1/2, ETB search crap)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, now maybe..

Untap, upkeep

Power up the Moss Beast
Attack with the Hornet
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Island
(T,U) Forest x2
(T,T,U) Plains x3

Might Makes Right (At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control each creature on the battlefield with the greatest power, gain control of target creature Mooseman controls. Untap that creature. It gains haste ueot)

(U) Child of Night (2/1; Lifelink)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UT) Island
(U) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TTTT) Forest

(U) Carnivorous Moss-Beast (6/7, {5}{G}{G}: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~) ~ 2 +1/+1~
(U) Heliod's Pilgrim (1/2, ETB search crap)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Attack with the Child
Responses/blocks/take it?

Battlefield:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Plains x3

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UT) Island
(U) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TTTT) Forest

(U) Carnivorous Moss-Beast (6/7, {5}{G}{G}: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~) ~ 2 +1/+1~

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My Child dies but I gain 2

Done

Battlefield:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Plains x3

Graveyard: Peel From Reality, Shadowcloak Vampire, Avacyn, Guardian Angel, Welkin Tern, Zof Shade, Rummaging Goblin, Festergloom, Borderland Marauder, Invasive Species, Child of Night
Exile:

Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UT) Island
(U) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TTTT) Forest

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU
Beast gets bigger
Hornet attacks for 2
Done

Battlefield:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Plains x3

Graveyard: Peel From Reality, Shadowcloak Vampire, Avacyn, Guardian Angel, Welkin Tern, Zof Shade, Rummaging Goblin, Festergloom, Borderland Marauder, Invasive Species, Child of Night
Exile:

Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UT) Island
(U) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TTTT) Forest

(U) Carnivorous Moss-Beast (7/8, {5}{G}{G}: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~) ~ 3 +1/+1~

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU
Beast gets bigger
Hornet attacks for 2

Good Game!
I still had Tireless Missionaries in my hand.

What set is next?