Mindmaster Judgement: Spidey vs Ransac

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Resolves. Your last card in hand must be something. Attacking with my 3 bears and my 4 birds.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Swamp, Flashback Grizzly Fate for 4 more Bear tokens. Response?

Pernicious Deed: 20
Hand: 2
In Play:

(TU) Plains
(UU) Island
(TU) Mountain
(TT) Forest
(TU) Swamp

Web of Inertia (At the beginning of each opponent's combat phase, that player may remove a card in his or her graveyard from the game. If the player doesn't, creatures he or she controls can't attack you this turn.)

(TTTT) Battle Screech (1/1, flying)
(T) Giant Warthog (5/5, trample)
(U) Jeska, Warrior Adept (3/1, First strike, haste, T: Jeska, Warrior Adept deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(TTTT) Bear tokens (2/2)

Graveyard: Suntail Hawk, Hapless Researcher, Arcane Teachings, Lava Dart, Rats Feast, Benevolent Bodyguard, Lead Astray THRESHOLD
RFG: Battle Screech, Prismatic Strands, Grizzly Fate

Carnival of Souls: 6
Hand: 1
In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T,U) Forest x2
(T,T) Island x2
(T,T) Plains x2

(T) Wormfang Drake (3/4, flying, When ~ CIP, sac it unless I remove a creature I control other than ~ from the game. When ~ leaves play, return the removed card to play under its owner's control)
(U) Border Patrol (1/6, Vigilance)
(T) Centaur Rootcaster (2/2, When ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may search my library for a basic land card and put that crad into play tapped. If I do, shuffle my library)

Graveyard: Mt, Toxic Stench, Guided Strike, Trained Pronghorn, Lead Astray
RFG: Nullmage Advocate (via Drake), Lava Dart, Valor, Keep Watch, Soulcatcher's Aerie, Seedtime, Prismatic Strands

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Done.

In Play:

(TU) Plains
(UU) Island
(TU) Mountain
(TT) Forest
(TU) Swamp

Web of Inertia (At the beginning of each opponent's combat phase, that player may remove a card in his or her graveyard from the game. If the player doesn't, creatures he or she controls can't attack you this turn.)

(U) Jeska, Warrior Adept (3/1, First strike, haste, T: Jeska, Warrior Adept deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(TTTTUUUU) Bear tokens (2/2)

Graveyard: Suntail Hawk, Hapless Researcher, Arcane Teachings, Lava Dart, Rats Feast, Benevolent Bodyguard, Lead Astray THRESHOLD

In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T,U) Forest x2
(T,T) Island x2
(T,T) Plains x2

(T) Wormfang Drake (3/4, flying, When ~ CIP, sac it unless I remove a creature I control other than ~ from the game. When ~ leaves play, return the removed card to play under its owner's control)
(T) Centaur Rootcaster (2/2, When ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may search my library for a basic land card and put that crad into play tapped. If I do, shuffle my library)

RFG: Nullmage Advocate (via Drake), Lava Dart, Valor, Keep Watch, Soulcatcher's Aerie, Seedtime, Prismatic Strands

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Done

In Play:

(TU) Plains
(UU) Island
(TU) Mountain
(TT) Forest
(TU) Swamp

In Play:

(U) Swamp
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Island x2
(U,U) Plains x2

(U) Wormfang Drake (3/4, flying, When ~ CIP, sac it unless I remove a creature I control other than ~ from the game. When ~ leaves play, return the removed card to play under its owner's control)
(U) Centaur Rootcaster (2/2, When ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may search my library for a basic land card and put that crad into play tapped. If I do, shuffle my library)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
EOT, ping you for 1.

Untap, Upkeep, Attack everything but Jeska and 4 bears.

In Play:

(TU) Plains
(UU) Island
(TU) Mountain
(TT) Forest
(TU) Swamp

Carnival of Souls: 5
In Play:

(U) Swamp
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Island x2
(U,U) Plains x2

(U) Wormfang Drake (3/4, flying, When ~ CIP, sac it unless I remove a creature I control other than ~ from the game. When ~ leaves play, return the removed card to play under its owner's control)
(U) Centaur Rootcaster (2/2, When ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may search my library for a basic land card and put that crad into play tapped. If I do, shuffle my library)

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Assign all of the damage from the warthog to the Rootcaster. Any other responses? Otherwise, take 10 and die?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, no responses. I perish under the wave of creatures. Good game!

My last card was Wormfang Crab which didn't help too much. You just had too many better cards with flashback and whatnot :)

Onto Onslaught!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Onto Onslaught!!!

I thought you were trying to build up to threshold for a while, so I've been holding Grip of Amnesia in preparation.

My secondary goal was to make sure I didn't kill your drake, which would let you bring back your advocate to kill my Web. As long as you couldn't attack (or limited the attacks you had), I knew I would be fine.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was trying to build up to Threshold with my Pronghorn, but for Toxic Stench so I could kill the Warthog (at the time). Rat's Feast neatly derailed that plan.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yeah. That Pronghorn turned into my greatest friend, accelerating your discard to let me Rat's Feat earlier. :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rokapoke

Ransac said:
Assign all of the damage from the warthog to the Rootcaster. Any other responses? Otherwise, take 10 and die?
I think the recent (1-2 months ago) discussion of trample suggests that you need to kill all blockers before you can trample over.

That said, I don't think the outcome of the game would've changed, but the duration may have.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I didn't trample over. Just avoided killing his Drake. If it's that big of a deal, dealing two to the Rootcaster and 3 to the Drake accomplishes the same outcome. :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I was about to post the same thing as rokapoke as my response to that part of the turn, but realized that Ransac said he assigned all to the Drake, not 4 to the Drake and 1 trample dmg to me - I don't think it's no longer "automatic" that extra dmg tramples over, that's why there's the Assign Dmg step now. So since he stuck it all on the Drake, trample wasn't taking effect and he didn't have to assign any to the Rootcaster.