Mindmaster Invasion: Spidey vs BigBlue

Discussion in 'Mindmaster Games' started by BigBlue, Aug 28, 2008.

1. BigBlue Magic Jones

At this point... you'll win the race... you are pretty inpenetrable there w/ your lure, your pro-Black to anything, and just plain outnumbering me... Plus the circle loses me a life each time. And to use the zombie is 9 mana... (3 to retrieve, play, and sacrifice)...

Untap, Upkeep (Return Zombie to hand)

Play Swamp
    Give Kavu fear and swing for 2
    Play Llanowar Speedbump - erm Vanguard
    Done.

BigBlue: 9
    Hand: 8
    In Play

(ench) Protective Sphere (1,Pay 1 life: Prevent damage to me from a source sharing the color mana used to activate ~)

(U) Troll Horn Cameo (T: R or G)
    (TTT) Swamp x3
    (UU) Plains x2
    (T) Forest
    (TT) Mountain x2
    (UU) Island x2

(U) Hooded Kavu (2/2; B: Fear)
    (S) Llanowar Vanguard (1/1; T: +0/+4 until eot)

Graveyard: Llanowar Knight, Armadillo Cloak, Overload
    Removed from Game:
    --------------------------------------------------------
    SpiderMan: 7 5?
    Hand: 4
    In Play

(U,U) Plains x2
    (T,U) Forest x2
    (U,U) Island x2
    (U,U) Mt x2
    (U,U) Swamp x2

Strength of Unity (Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each basic land type among lands I control)
    Maniacal Rage (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and can't block)
    Harsh Judgement (As ~ CIP, choose a color [Red]. If an instant or sorcery spell of the chosen color would deal dmg to me, it deals that dmg to its controller instead)

(U) Sunscape Apprentice (1/1, G, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 ueot. U, T: Put target creature I control on top of its owner's library)
    (T) Obsidian Acolyte (6/6, Pro-Black, W: Target creature gets pro-black ueot) *United*
    (T) Tower Drake (2/1, flying, W: ~ gets +0/+1 ueot)
    (T) Rampant Elephant (4/4, G: Target creature blocks ~ this turn if able) *Raging*
    (T) Faerie Squadron (3/3, flying, Kicker 3U, If the kicker cost was paid, ~ CIP with 2 +1/+1 ctrs on it and with flying) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*
    (U) Thunderscape Apprentice (1/1, B, T: Target player loses a life. G, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

Graveyard: Heroes' Reunion, Rith's Attendant
    Removed from Game:
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

EOT, use the Thunderscape to cause you to lose a life.

Untap, upkeep

Attack with all but the Apprentices
    Pay G to "lure" the Vanguard
    Responses/blocks?

BigBlue: 8
    In Play

(ench) Protective Sphere (1,Pay 1 life: Prevent damage to me from a source sharing the color mana used to activate ~)

(TTT) Swamp x3
    (UU) Plains x2
    (T) Forest
    (TT) Mountain x2
    (UU) Island x2

(S) Llanowar Vanguard (1/1; T: +0/+4 until eot)

Graveyard: Llanowar Knight, Armadillo Cloak, Overload
    Removed from Game:
    SpiderMan: 5
    Hand: 4
    In Play

(U,U) Plains x2
    (T,U) Forest x2
    (U,U) Island x2
    (U,U) Mt x2
    (U,U) Swamp x2

Strength of Unity (Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each basic land type among lands I control)
    Harsh Judgement (As ~ CIP, choose a color [Red]. If an instant or sorcery spell of the chosen color would deal dmg to me, it deals that dmg to its controller instead)

(U) Sunscape Apprentice (1/1, G, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 ueot. U, T: Put target creature I control on top of its owner's library)
    (T) Obsidian Acolyte (6/6, Pro-Black, W: Target creature gets pro-black ueot) *United*
    (T) Rampant Elephant (4/4, G: Target creature blocks ~ this turn if able) *Raging*
    (T) Faerie Squadron (3/3, flying, Kicker 3U, If the kicker cost was paid, ~ CIP with 2 +1/+1 ctrs on it and with flying) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*
    (U) Thunderscape Apprentice (1/1, B, T: Target player loses a life. G, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

Removed from Game:
  3. BigBlue Magic Jones

Speedbump is lured
    Pay WUU and 3 life to circle to prevent the others...

(Boy, is this a broken record in here?) :)

If your elephant had trample - the way most elephants do... it woulda been game over ages ago...
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I know. Stupid Elephant :)

Glimmering Angel

Done

BigBlue: 5
    In Play

(TTT) Swamp x3
    (UU) Plains x2
    (T) Forest
    (TT) Mountain x2
    (UU) Island x2

Graveyard: Llanowar Knight, Armadillo Cloak, Overload, Llanowar Vanguard
    Removed from Game:
    SpiderMan: 5
    Hand: 3
    In Play

(T,U) Plains x2
    (T,U) Forest x2
    (T,U) Island x2
    (T,U) Mt x2
    (T,U) Swamp x2

(S) Glimmering Angel (2/2, flying, U: ~ gains shroud ueot)

Removed from Game:
  5. BigBlue Magic Jones

That's game then... I can't deal with those attackers next turn... I could do 4 to you is all w/ fear & Pyre Zombie but would take more than the 5 I have left... I guess I shoulda played my zombie earlier... but I didn't have the mana to support it...

The problem with this format is bad habits, like creature enchantments, will be effective given the low percentage of removal... those apprentices rock - I didn't get even 1 of 'em... And the Acolyte was horrible to me...

Holding:

Darigaaz's Attendant - too spendy to use as speedbump.
    Phantasmal terrain - I couldn't afford to tap my islands to deplete a forest of yours which would have helped a lot - plus you still had land drops...
    Shivan Harvest - useless
    Benalish Trapper... I waited too long to play him and rendered useless by Lurephant
    Opt - Useless
    Bog Initiate - woulda provided better mana use for zombie, but impossible w/ Lurephant
    Mourning - effective - except for your acolyte...

It was a decent pack, but not going first and yours was better won it for you.

On to Planeshift!
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Good game!

yeah, I was counting your Plains and hoping you didn't drop another one. That was very close - I wonder if that Lich Mirror from the General forum would have helped :)

Rest of my cards:

Coastal Tower - pbbt
    Harrow - didn't need the extra land acceleration at the cost of a land at the end
    Recover - good for getting back a creature :)

Onto Planeshift!