MindMaster Ice Age: Spidey vs BigBlue

B

BigBlue

Actually, I'll Incinerate your cohort before damage... don't want to lose my flier.

B

BigBlue

Nice... Guess that's that... (no response to the HB, Damage goes on stack).

B

BigBlue

When I lose this game, it's my own fault.... I can't believe how many mistakes I've made by overthinking things...

Damage resolves, I take 4 from the forces, and probably 2 more from the zombie sac?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed, post-combat, I will tap the Zombies and sac 'em for 2 points to all creatures and players. Responses?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, I hope I updated the board right.

Done

BigBlue: 10
Hand: 9
In Play:

(U) Swamp x1
(U) Snow Swamp x1
(TU) Mountain x1
(U) Island x1
(TU) Forest x2
(U) Plains x1

Graveyard: Dire Wolves, Incinerate, Zuran Spellcaster, Yavimaya Gnats, Green Scarab, Lim-Dul's Cohort
RfG:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,U) Swamp x2
(U) Snow-Swamp
(U) Plains
(T,T) Island x2

(U) Tinder Wall (0/3, Defender, Sac ~: Add RR to my mana pool. R, Sac ~: ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature it's blocking)
(U) Illusionary Forces (4/4, flying, CU: U)

Graveyard: Aurochs, Hydroblast, Lim-Dul's Cohort, Lure, Gangrenous Zombies
RfG:

B

BigBlue

Untap, Island, Barbarian Guides, Kelsinko Ranger, Done.

BigBlue: 10
Hand: 6
In Play:

(T) Swamp x1
(T) Snow Swamp x1
(TU) Mountain x1
(UU) Island x1
(UU) Forest x2
(T) Plains x1

(S) Kelsinko Ranger (1/1; 1W: Target green creature gains first strike until eot)
(S) Barbarian Guides (1/2; 2R, T: Target creature you control gains snow landwalk of your choice until eot. Return that creature to your hand at eot)

Graveyard: Dire Wolves, Incinerate, Zuran Spellcaster, Yavimaya Gnats, Green Scarab, Lim-Dul's Cohort
RfG:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,U) Swamp x2
(U) Snow-Swamp
(U) Plains
(T,T) Island x2

(U) Tinder Wall (0/3, Defender, Sac ~: Add RR to my mana pool. R, Sac ~: ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature it's blocking)
(U) Illusionary Forces (4/4, flying, CU: U)

RfG:[/QUOTE]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - pay UU

Attack with the Forces for 4
Island
Soldevi Simulacrum

Done

BigBlue: 6
Hand: 6
In Play:

(T) Swamp x1
(T) Snow Swamp x1
(TU) Mountain x1
(UU) Island x1
(UU) Forest x2
(T) Plains x1

(S) Kelsinko Ranger (1/1; 1W: Target green creature gains first strike until eot)
(S) Barbarian Guides (1/2; 2R, T: Target creature you control gains snow landwalk of your choice until eot. Return that creature to your hand at eot)

RfG:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Swamp x2
(U) Snow-Swamp
(U) Plains
(T,T) Island x3
(U) Snow Island

(T) Illusionary Forces (4/4, flying, CU: U)
(S) Soldevi Simulacrum (2/4, CU: 1, 1: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot)

RfG:

B

BigBlue

Shatter the Simulacrum at your eot.

Untap, attack w/ both, play Gangrenous Zombies, Done.

BigBlue: 6
Hand: 4
In Play:

(T) Swamp x1
(T) Snow Swamp x1
(TU) Mountain x1
(UU) Island x1
(UU) Forest x2
(U) Plains x1

(T) Kelsinko Ranger (1/1; 1W: Target green creature gains first strike until eot)
(T) Barbarian Guides (1/2; 2R, T: Target creature you control gains snow landwalk of your choice until eot. Return that creature to your hand at eot)
(S) Gangrenous Zombies (2/2; T, Sac ~: ~ deals 1 damage to all creatures and players, if you control a Snow Swamp it deals 2 instead)

Graveyard: Dire Wolves, Incinerate, Zuran Spellcaster, Yavimaya Gnats, Green Scarab, Lim-Dul's Cohort, Shatter
RfG:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Swamp x2
(U) Snow-Swamp
(U) Plains
(T,T) Island x3
(U) Snow Island

(T) Illusionary Forces (4/4, flying, CU: U)

Graveyard: Aurochs, Hydroblast, Lim-Dul's Cohort, Lure, Gangrenous Zombies, Soldevi Simulacrum
RfG:

B

BigBlue

That's gonna be game...

I shoulda Power Sunk the Lure (Had all my mana at the time)... I didn't remember the "non-regenerate" part of the cohort until it was too late.

But, I don't think it would have mattered... especially w/ the simulacrum later. The incinerate was a complete waste as you could have still killed the gnats since they'd already blocked.

GG.

My Rare was LOVELY - the last Ante card printed... Amulet of Quoz...
Had a White Scarab which didn't matter.
Had a hydroblast (like you) which didn't seem to matter.
And my last card - Essence Filter... Didn't see any enchantments but Lure... and it's too slow as a sorcery to do much.

On to Alliances?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game!

Well, I needed my Cohort to deal dmg to your guys or blowing the Zombies wouldn't have helped. So I think the Incinerate was a good play at the time.

I still had:
  • Howl from Beyond - almost used it last turn, but figured I was jumping the gun trying to get kills in my other recent Mindmaster games with rokapoke and Mooseman, so thought I'd take it slower here
  • Snowfall - not sure if this would have helped with the CU of my Forces since this also had CU
  • Another Hydroblast
  • Pyroblast - had both sets :)
  • Sacred Boon
  • Orcish Librarian - my useless rare :)

Onto Alliances!