Mindmaster Exodus: Spidey vs Limited

L

Limited

The Mogg Assassin also targets the Keeper of Light

I'll discard a Raging Goblin to return E to my hand (not taking any chances).

Flipping Coin...

Heads. Your keeper lives...

I'll assume Combat Damage resolves? You take 4 en the Mogg Assassin & Carnophage die.

After combat, I'll play vitamine E again.

Done.

Spidey 6
Hand: 1
In Play:

(U,U) Plains x2
(T,U,U) Island x3
(T,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(T) Merfolk Looter (1/1)
(U) Keeper of Light (1/2, W,T: I gain 3 life. I can only play this ability if I have less life than you)
(T) Charging Paladin (2/2, when ~ attacks, it gets +0/+3 ueot)
(T) Rootwater Alligator (3/2, sac a forest: regen ~)

Graveyard: Aether Tide, Dauthi Jackal, Rootwater Mystic, Sonic Burst, Whiptongue Frog, Robe of Mirrors, Forest, Shield Mate, School of Piranha, Dauthi Cutthroat, Mogg Assassin
RFG:

Limited 4
Hand: 2
In Play:

(TT) 2x Swamp
(UU) 2x Forest
(UU) 2x Plains
(TTT) 3x Island
(T) Mountain

(U) Pygmy Troll (1/1, G:regen, gets +1/+1 for each blocker)
(U) Zealots En-Dal (2/4, upkeep - if all nonland permanents you control are white, you gain 1 life)
(S) Ephemeron (4/4 flying, discard a card: return to hand)
(U) Skyshroud Elite (1/1)

Graveyard: Thrull Surgeon, Cursed Flesh, Allay, Robe of Mirrors, Onslaught, Wood Elves, Kor Chant, Raging Goblin, Carnophage
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think this is it.

Untap, upkeep, Done.

Spidey 6
In Play:

(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(U) Merfolk Looter (1/1)
(U) Keeper of Light (1/2, W,T: I gain 3 life. I can only play this ability if I have less life than you)
(U) Charging Paladin (2/2, when ~ attacks, it gets +0/+3 ueot)
(U) Rootwater Alligator (3/2, sac a forest: regen ~)

Graveyard: Aether Tide, Dauthi Jackal, Rootwater Mystic, Sonic Burst, Whiptongue Frog, Robe of Mirrors, Forest, Shield Mate, School of Piranha, Dauthi Cutthroat, Mogg Assassin
RFG:

Limited 4
Hand: 2
In Play:

(TT) 2x Swamp
(UU) 2x Forest
(UU) 2x Plains
(TTT) 3x Island
(T) Mountain

(U) Zealots En-Dal (2/4, upkeep - if all nonland permanents you control are white, you gain 1 life)
(S) Ephemeron (4/4 flying, discard a card: return to hand)

Graveyard: Thrull Surgeon, Cursed Flesh, Allay, Robe of Mirrors, Onslaught, Wood Elves, Kor Chant, Raging Goblin, Carnophage
RFG:

L

Limited

Untap, upkeep

tap BB for Skyshaper (artifact, sac: all my creatures gain flying ueot)

Sac it.

Attack with E and Zealots.. you take 6?

Spidey 6
In Play:

(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(U) Merfolk Looter (1/1)
(U) Charging Paladin (2/2, when ~ attacks, it gets +0/+3 ueot)
(U) Rootwater Alligator (3/2, sac a forest: regen ~)

RFG:

Limited 4
In Play:

(TT) 2x Swamp
(UU) 2x Forest
(UU) 2x Plains
(UUU) 3x Island
(U) Mountain

(T) Zealots En-Dal (2/4, upkeep - if all nonland permanents you control are white, you gain 1 life)
(T) Ephemeron (4/4 flying, discard a card: return to hand)

Graveyard: Thrull Surgeon, Cursed Flesh, Allay, Robe of Mirrors, Onslaught, Wood Elves, Kor Chant, Raging Goblin, Carnophage, Skyshaper
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, talk about holding on until the very play you need it :)

Yep, that's game. Good game! That time I hardly had any removal, so it was hard to keep up....

What's next?

L

Limited

Vitamin E was a total house.. dispite having a limited number of cards in my hand.

My last card was Reaping the Rewards. The mana burn was to prevent you from using the Keeper of the Light, but also to bait you into an all out attack, when the instant life-gain could work in my favor.

Why did you wait so long to use the Mogg Assassin?

(obviously, Urza's Saga is next)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was trying to use up all other available avenues of defense since the Assassin wasn't a sure thing and you'd just put E back out anyway. I'm not sure I should have blocked though.... <Scratches head> But I really didn't have anything in my hand, just the dead card of Oath of Druids, so it was only staving off the inevitable anyway.

I'm not sure I like this generator of yours - it seems to generate a lot of the same cards between the two people.

Is anyone else reading this and can generate packs, like maybe from Apprentice or Suitcase or something? If no response here, I'll start a separate thread asking.

J

jorael

*applauds both players for an interesting match*

I'll probably lurk at some more of these games.... (I got no time to participate, though).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Eh, my side wasn't so great. I probably shouldn't have attacked when I did since I only killed some Wood Elves, but it turned out the Skyshaper made it moot. I was just outclassed creature-wise and spell-wise.

Get some time and join in! :)

L

Limited

I think you should have gambled on the Mogg Assassin earlier on. I would probably wanted to kill it, but you could have gotten lucky and at least prevented some damage.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but by the time I put it out, I didn't have anything in my hand to stop it further. You just would have discarded to return it to your hand and then played it again and again.

I don't think I should have blocked with it so I could have kept on using it, but really, without any permanent removal, my days were numbered :)

L

Limited

I definitely got the better pack this time :D

I'll try to install something like Apprentice, so we can each generate our own booster.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So far that's my only loss out of 7 or 8 games, so I'm not crying :D

Yeah! Get Apprentice! It's da bomb!