Mindmaster Darksteel: Spidey vs rokapoke

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Righty. So you take 3 from the Moonvessel.

Equip the Trident to the Rats
Responses?

Spiderman: 19
Hand: 8
In play:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Mt

(U) Leonin Bola (Equipped creature has "T, Unattach ~: Tap target creature". Equip 1)
(U) Vulshok Morningstar (Equipped creature gets +2/+2. Equip 2)
(U) Surestrike Trident (Equipped creature has first strike and "Unattach ~: This creature deal dmg equal to its power to target player". Equip 4)

(U) Viridian Acolyte (1/1, 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T) Myr Moonvessel (3/3, When ~ is put into the graveyard from play, add 1 to my mana pool) *Equipped with Morningstar*
(T) Chittering Rats (2/2, When ~ CIP, rokapoke puts a card form his hand on top of his library)
(T) Leonin Battlemage (2/3, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 ueot. Whenever I play a spell, I may untap ~.)

Graveyard:
RFG:
-----------------------------------------------
Rokapoke: 8
Hand: 6
Library: 1
In play:

(TT) Mountain
(T) Plains
(TU) Island
(TU) Forest

(U) Chimeric Egg (Whenever an opponent plays a nonartifact spell, put a charge counter on ~. Remove three charge counters from ~: ~ becomes a 6/6 Construct artifact creature with trample until EOT.) *1 charge ctr*

(T) Pteron Ghost (3/3; Flying. Sacrifice ~: Regenerate target artifact.) *Equipped w/Morningstar*
(S) Goblin Archaeologist (1/2; R, T: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, destroy target artifact and untap ~. If you lose the flip, sacrifice ~.)

Graveyard: Myr Landshaper, Arcane Spyglass, Nourish, Nemesis Mask
RFG:

R

rokapoke

No response. Note that the ability of the Trident requires that the creature taps. If you'd like to reconsider the equipping, you may do so.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, I totally missed that when I copied the text. That ruins my plans...

No change in equipping, but thanks.

Mt
Equip the Bola to the Acolyte

Done

In play:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,T) Mt x2

(U) Leonin Bola (Equipped creature has "T, Unattach ~: Tap target creature". Equip 1)
(U) Surestrike Trident (Equipped creature has first strike and "Unattach ~: This creature deal dmg equal to its power to target player". Equip 4)

(U) Viridian Acolyte (1/1, 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *Equipped w/Bola*
(T) Myr Moonvessel (3/3, When ~ is put into the graveyard from play, add 1 to my mana pool) *Equipped with Morningstar*
(T) Chittering Rats (2/2, When ~ CIP, rokapoke puts a card form his hand on top of his library) *Equipped w/Trident*
(T) Leonin Battlemage (2/3, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 ueot. Whenever I play a spell, I may untap ~.)

Graveyard:
RFG:
In play:

(TT) Mountain
(T) Plains
(TU) Island
(TU) Forest

(U) Chimeric Egg (Whenever an opponent plays a nonartifact spell, put a charge counter on ~. Remove three charge counters from ~: ~ becomes a 6/6 Construct artifact creature with trample until EOT.) *1 charge ctr*

(T) Pteron Ghost (3/3; Flying. Sacrifice ~: Regenerate target artifact.) *Equipped w/Morningstar*
(S) Goblin Archaeologist (1/2; R, T: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, destroy target artifact and untap ~. If you lose the flip, sacrifice ~.)

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep.
Attempt to use my Archaeologist to destroy the Bola. Response?

In play:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,T) Mt x2

(U) Viridian Acolyte (1/1, 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *Equipped w/Bola*
(T) Chittering Rats (2/2, When ~ CIP, rokapoke puts a card form his hand on top of his library) *Equipped w/Trident*

Graveyard:
RFG:
In play:

(TU) Mountain
(U) Plains
(UU) Island
(UU) Forest

(U) Pteron Ghost (3/3; Flying. Sacrifice ~: Regenerate target artifact.) *Equipped w/Morningstar*
(T) Goblin Archaeologist (1/2; R, T: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, destroy target artifact and untap ~. If you lose the flip, sacrifice ~.)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No responses.

Do you call the flip and I flip? Or you want someone else to flip? I don't care whichever way you want to do...

R

rokapoke

I'll call it, you flip it. I'll feel best about it that way.

Tails.

< Crosses fingers... >

R

rokapoke

Archaeologist fails.
Tel-Jilad Wolf.
Plains.
Done.

In play:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,T) Mt x2

Graveyard:
RFG:
Hand: 4
In play:

(TU) Mountain
(TU) Plains
(TU) Island
(TU) Forest

(U) Pteron Ghost (3/3; Flying. Sacrifice ~: Regenerate target artifact.) *Equipped w/Morningstar*
(S) Tel-Jilad Wolf (2/2; Whenever ~ becomes blocked by an artifact creature, ~ gets +3/+3 until EOT.)

Graveyard: Myr Landshaper, Arcane Spyglass, Nourish, Nemesis Mask, Goblin Archaeologist
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yee-haw!

Untap, upkeep

Tap and Unattach the Trident to deal 2 dmg to the Wolf
Responses?

In play:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(U) Viridian Acolyte (1/1, 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(U) Myr Moonvessel (3/3, When ~ is put into the graveyard from play, add 1 to my mana pool) *Equipped with Morningstar*
(T) Chittering Rats (2/2, When ~ CIP, rokapoke puts a card form his hand on top of his library)
(U) Leonin Battlemage (2/3, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 ueot. Whenever I play a spell, I may untap ~.)

Graveyard:
RFG:
Hand: 4
In play:

(TU) Mountain
(TU) Plains
(TU) Island
(TU) Forest

(S) Tel-Jilad Wolf (2/2; Whenever ~ becomes blocked by an artifact creature, ~ gets +3/+3 until EOT.)

Graveyard: Myr Landshaper, Arcane Spyglass, Nourish, Nemesis Mask, Goblin Archaeologist
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Argg. And here I thought I had some fantastic creature removal....

<sigh> I guess the Wolf is an illegal target, so I have to rewind. I won't use the Trident, but attack with the Rats and Moonvessel instead.

Responses/blocks?