Mindmaster CPA Set: Ransac (Cool) vs. Limited (Lame, but not as lame as Spidey)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
yeah, I'll just cast Scorching Blow During my turn and not cast the maggots yet.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

Untap, Upkeep

Swamp
Sack of Bones

Done.

Limited: 18
Handsize: 7
In play:

(UU) 2x Plains
(TT) 2x Island
(TTT) 3x Swamp
(U) Forest

(U) Capricious Horror (2/2) [Fear. When ~ comes into play, target opponent may put a card from your graveyard on top of your library]
(U) Wandering Knight (2/2, First Strike, Fear, Sacrifice Wandering Knight if you don't control a Swamp)
(S) Sack of Bones (3/3) [Whenever an opponent sacrifices a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on <this>. If the number of +1/+1 counters on <this> exceeds the number of swamps you control, sacrifice <this>. If you do, all opponents lose five life.]

Graveyard: Root Squirrel, Unarmored Combat, Fluttering Butterflies, Untether, Dragon of Greed

Ransac: 18
Handsize: 9
In play:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T) Forest
(T,T) Plains x2
(U) Mountain

(U) Dark Guard (0/5. When Dark Guard becomes blocked, target blocking creature gets first strike UEOT and Dark Guard gets +X/+0 for each combat damage dealt to it UEOT. All other effects that alter power and/or toughness have no effect on Dark Guard. Whenever Dark Guard attacks and isn't blocked, defending player loses 1 life for each basic land type among land cards that have been RFG.

(T) Wandering Knight (2/2, First Strike, Fear, Sacrifice Wandering Knight if you don't control a Swamp)

Graveyard: Root Squirrel, Unarmored Combat, Fluttering Butterflies, Benign Ooze, Scorching Blow

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I still played an island from the previous turn! You're slipping.

Untap, Upkeep, Forest, Brunting Wurm. Go

In play:

(UU) 2x Plains
(TT) 2x Island
(TTT) 3x Swamp
(U) Forest

(U) Capricious Horror (2/2) [Fear. When ~ comes into play, target opponent may put a card from your graveyard on top of your library]
(U) Wandering Knight (2/2, First Strike, Fear, Sacrifice Wandering Knight if you don't control a Swamp)
(S) Sack of Bones (3/3) [Whenever an opponent sacrifices a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on <this>. If the number of +1/+1 counters on <this> exceeds the number of swamps you control, sacrifice <this>. If you do, all opponents lose five life.]

Graveyard: Root Squirrel, Unarmored Combat, Fluttering Butterflies, Untether, Dragon of Greed

In play:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(U) Mountain
(U) Island

(U) Dark Guard (0/5. When Dark Guard becomes blocked, target blocking creature gets first strike UEOT and Dark Guard gets +X/+0 for each combat damage dealt to it UEOT. All other effects that alter power and/or toughness have no effect on Dark Guard. Whenever Dark Guard attacks and isn't blocked, defending player loses 1 life for each basic land type among land cards that have been RFG.

(S) Brunting Wurm (4/4, Brunting Wurm gets +X/+X, where X is the total converted mana cost of all creatures blocking it)

Graveyard: Root Squirrel, Unarmored Combat, Fluttering Butterflies, Benign Ooze, Scorching Blow

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

I'm slipping, Mr I-play-my-sorceries-at-instant-speed?

Brunting Wurm though.. ugh :(

Untap, Upkeep

Mountain
Goblin Rockmover
Sanguine Varmint

Done

In play:

(TT) 2x Plains
(TT) 2x Island
(TTT) 3x Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest

(U) Sack of Bones (3/3) [Whenever an opponent sacrifices a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on <this>. If the number of +1/+1 counters on <this> exceeds the number of swamps you control, sacrifice <this>. If you do, all opponents lose five life.]
(S) Sanguine Varmint (5/4) [Fear. If an opponent has five or less life, if <this> is in your hand, <this> gains "Dash - 1BB"]
(S) Goblin Rockmover (1/1) [Whenever <this> deals damage to an opponent, you may remove a counter from target permanent]

In play:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(U) Mountain
(U) Island

(S) Brunting Wurm (4/4, Brunting Wurm gets +X/+X, where X is the total converted mana cost of all creatures blocking it)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
EOT, Untether on the Sanguine Varmint

Untap, Upkeep, Attack with Brunting Wurm, Blocks/Responses?

Limited: 18/14?
In play:

(TT) 2x Plains
(TT) 2x Island
(TTT) 3x Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest

(U) Sack of Bones (3/3) [Whenever an opponent sacrifices a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on <this>. If the number of +1/+1 counters on <this> exceeds the number of swamps you control, sacrifice <this>. If you do, all opponents lose five life.]
(S) Goblin Rockmover (1/1) [Whenever <this> deals damage to an opponent, you may remove a counter from target permanent]

Graveyard: Root Squirrel, Unarmored Combat, Fluttering Butterflies, Untether, Dragon of Greed, Sanguine Varmint

Handsize: 6
In play:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Mountain
(U) Island

(T) Brunting Wurm (4/4, Brunting Wurm gets +X/+X, where X is the total converted mana cost of all creatures blocking it)

Graveyard: Root Squirrel, Unarmored Combat, Fluttering Butterflies, Benign Ooze, Scorching Blow, Untether

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

In response, I scoop.

The Varmint was the only card I had that I could use to kill the Dark Guard (who I think is way too good). I also have no way to deal with the Brunting Wurm (I am so glad you guys talked me out of giving it trample ;))

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
After it become obvious that we had nearly the same commons (I think there would've been 1 card difference), I knew that I had a great chance of winning. Brunting Wurm was an absolute beast, but I also had Sanguine Varmint and Dragon of Greed. Having the extra removal spell, in Scorching Blow (plus the Untether that we both had), was the biggest difference and I could kill your evasion creature and your fattie that you had left.

ANOTHER GAME!!!!!! THIS TIME, WITH THE FULL SET!!!!!!! (I want another Brunting Wurm).

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

I flipped Tails.

I'll assume you want to play first (since there is no draw :))

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You've gotta love this little critter...

Ransac: 20
Handsize: 14
In play:

(T) Forest

(S)Root Squirrel (1/1) [Can't be blocked by flying creatures]

Graveyard:

Limited: 20
Handsize: 15
In play:

Graveyard:

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

First, I need to clear some things up.

If we manage to put cards in our library, do we get to draw if we have a way of drawing cards?

If I discover one of our cards has a flaw, do I play it as is? And point out later that this card needs to be rethought?

If one of my creatures lacks power and toughness, can I just pick something :D?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
First, I need to clear some things up.

If we manage to put cards in our library, do we get to draw if we have a way of drawing cards?

If I discover one of our cards has a flaw, do I play it as is? And point out later that this card needs to be rethought?

If one of my creatures lacks power and toughness, can I just pick something :D?
Yes you are allowed to draw if you have something that lets you draw.
Play it as broken as it is, then add to thread
What creature? (PM me)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I have a similar scenario. In one of my matches, I have two creatures that are the exact same thing, but with different costs and names.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
I have a similar scenario. In one of my matches, I have two creatures that are the exact same thing, but with different costs and names.
Play both of them and see which is better then add it to the thread.

L

Limited

Untap, Upkeep

Forest

Done.

In play:

(T) Forest

(S) Root Squirrel (1/1) [Can't be blocked by flying creatures]

Graveyard:

In play:

(U) Forest

Graveyard:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap , Upkeep. Attack with Root Squirrel. Response/Block?

In play:

(T) Forest

(T) Root Squirrel (1/1) [Can't be blocked by flying creatures]

Graveyard:

In play:

(U) Forest

Graveyard:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Island, Townsman Jut-ve and Alfr of the Lost Tree. Done

Handsize: 13
In play:

(T) Island
(T) Forest

(S) Townsman Jut-ve (1/1, Retreat (If this creature is returned to your hand from play, Draw a card)
(S) Alfr of the Lost Tree (1/1, T: Remove a card in your hand from the game Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(T) Root Squirrel (1/1) [Can't be blocked by flying creatures]

Graveyard:

In play:

(U) Forest

Graveyard:

Ransac, cpa trash man