Mindmaster Chaos Alliances: Spidey vs Limited vs Mooseman

L

Limited

I was hoping you guys would beat on each other some more.

Eot, I'll make another token.

Untap, Upkeep

Attack Spiderman with 7 tokens.

You die and I lose a token?

Done.

Spidey: 6
Hand: 0
In Play:

(U,U) Island x2
(U) Swamp
(U,U) Snow-covered Swamp x2
(U) Plains
(U) Mt

Viscerid Armor (Enchanted creature get +1/+1. 1U return ~ to its owners hand)
Bestial Fury (when enchanted creature becomes blocked, it get +4/+0 and trample ueot)

(U) Phyrexian Devourer (6/6 due to ctrs, when ~'s power is 7 or greater, sac it. Remove the top card of your library from the game: Put X +1/+1 ctrs on ~, where X is the removed card's converted mana cost. If ~'s power is 7 or greater, sac it.) * 5 +1/+1 ctrs *
(T) Storm Elemental (4/5 due to Armor, flying, U, remove the top card of my library from the game: Tap target creature with flying.) * Armored * * Furied *

Graveyard: Stench of Decay, Phyrexian Boon, Scarab of the Unseen, Snow-covered Swamp, Snow-covered Swamp, Reinforcements, Lat-Nam's Legacy, Viscerid Drone, Snow-Covered Swamp, Varchild';s Crusader
RFG: Soldevi Steam Beast

Limited: 4
In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
(U) Island
(UU) 2x Swamp
(UU) 2x Mountain
(UU) 2x Forest
(U) Kjeldoran Outpost [1W,T: Get a 1/1 White Soldier token]

Noble Steeds (1W: Target creature gains first strike ueot)

(U) Soldevi Heretic (2/2) [W,T: Prevent the next 2 damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn. Target opponent may draw a card.]
(U) Shield Sphere (0/5 due to ctr) [Defender. If it blocks, put a -0/-1 counter on ~] * 1 -0/-1 ctr *

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)

(U) Soldier Token (1/1)
(U) Soldier Token (1/1)
(U) Soldier Token (1/1)

Graveyard: Plains, Whip Vine, Gift of the Woods, Pyrokinesis, Krovikan Plague, Phantasmal Fiend, Taste of Paradise, Undergrowth
RFG:

Mooseman: 9
In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(T) Forest
(UUUUU) Snow-covered Forest

(U) Sol Grail (T:U)

(U) Phyrexian War Beast (3/4, If Phyrexian War Beast leaves play, sacrifice a land, and Phyrexian War Beast deals 1 damage to you.)
(T) Gargantuan Gorilla (7/7, "During your upkeep, sacrifice a forest, or bury Gargantuan Gorilla and Gargantuan Gorilla deals 7 damage to you. If you sacrifice a snow-covered forest in this way, Gargantuan Gorilla gains trample until end of turn.
T: Gargantuan Gorilla deals an amount of damage equal to its power to any other target creature. That creature deals an amount of damage equal to its power to Gargantuan Gorilla")

Graveyard: Insidious Bookworms, Agent of Strongald, Reinforcements,
Lat-nam's Legacy, Elvish Spirit Guide, Astrolabe, Diseased Vermin, Snow-Covered Forest, Gorilla Berserkers
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep (sac a SC Forest), attack with both.

Limited: 4
In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
(U) Island
(UU) 2x Swamp
(UU) 2x Mountain
(UU) 2x Forest
(U) Kjeldoran Outpost [1W,T: Get a 1/1 White Soldier token]

(U) Soldevi Heretic (2/2) [W,T: Prevent the next 2 damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn. Target opponent may draw a card.]
(U) Shield Sphere (0/5 due to ctr) [Defender. If it blocks, put a -0/-1 counter on ~] * 1 -0/-1 ctr *

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)

(U) Soldier Token (1/1)
(U) Soldier Token (1/1)
(U) Soldier Token (1/1)

Graveyard: Plains, Whip Vine, Gift of the Woods, Pyrokinesis, Krovikan Plague, Phantasmal Fiend, Taste of Paradise, Undergrowth
RFG:

Mooseman: 9
In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(u) Forest
(UUUU) Snow-covered Forest

(U) Sol Grail (T:U)

(T) Phyrexian War Beast (3/4, If Phyrexian War Beast leaves play, sacrifice a land, and Phyrexian War Beast deals 1 damage to you.)
(T) Gargantuan Gorilla (7/7, "During your upkeep, sacrifice a forest, or bury Gargantuan Gorilla and Gargantuan Gorilla deals 7 damage to you. If you sacrifice a snow-covered forest in this way, Gargantuan Gorilla gains trample until end of turn.
T: Gargantuan Gorilla deals an amount of damage equal to its power to any other target creature. That creature deals an amount of damage equal to its power to Gargantuan Gorilla")

Graveyard: Insidious Bookworms, Agent of Strongald, Reinforcements,
Lat-nam's Legacy, Elvish Spirit Guide, Astrolabe, Diseased Vermin, Snow-Covered Forest, Gorilla Berserkers
RFG:

L

Limited

Block your War Beast with a Token.
Block the Gorilla with the Shield Sphere (it becomes 0/4)

I take three damage?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
And you win.........
I think I wait 1 turn to long before attacking you..... but Spidey was beating on me so much that I couldn't back off to soon. And he had the Drone that easily would have killed my creatures if it got down to me and him.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, good game... if only I have the Outpost with the Drone...

If you didn't keep attacking me, Mooseman, I could have finished off Limited earlier... I knew those tokens would be the win and was trying to kill him before he got enough of them. But I understand why you were doing it :)

So onto Ice Age?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yes.... that was a very good game..... it all came down to the last card played... kind of unusual... but that what made it so good....

L

Limited

Both of you could have finished me of a couple of turns ago (before I got a lot of tokens) but neither of you was very much in the lead of the other... which turned out to be my savior :D

And the Undergrowth was a nice back-up plan to have.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, like I said, I would have * liked * to take you out and I thought Mooseman would have seen the power of tokens and thought likewise, but he kept attacking me so I had to start fending him off.

I still wonder what would have happened if I played my Phyrexian Boon on your Healer dude... my flying guy would have lasted longer, I think.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Packs have been generated and sent. I stated this in your PMs, but just wanted to point out again that SNOW-COVERED LANDS APPEAR IN THE GENERATOR. This may change the way you think about playing Snow-Covered lands.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

Because they are part of the packs. Thats why Coldsnap boosters contained Snow-Covered Lands; because you weren't allowed to add them to a draftpile from outside the game.

We could just continue allowing snow-covered lands from outside the game. I don't really care either way actually.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Personally, I think it should be fine. I just wanted to point it out in case someone wanted to change it.

Of course, I'M not playing, so I don't matter.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought that if the land was part of the pack, it would allow you to go beyond the "normal" land limit of 10. So I just think it gives you extra lands.

I think Coldsnap just had snow-covered lands because they weren't available outside in the Standard card pool so they needed to be included so the relevant Coldsnap cards could be used.