Mindmaster Beta: Spidey vs DarthFerret

D

DarthFerret

Untap, upkeep, Plains,Tap the Warriors to make Minotaur unblockable, attack with the Minotaur, cast The Hive, Done.

DarthFerret: 10
Hand: 3
In Play:

(T,T) Island x2
(T.T) Swamp x2
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Mountain x2
(T) Plains

(U) Llanowar Elf (1/1, T: add G to your mana pool)
(T) Dwarven Warriors (1/1, T: target critter with power 2 or less is unblockable)
(T) Hurloon Minotaur (2/3)
(U) The Hive (5T: make a 1/1 flying wasp artifact creature token)

Graveyard: Fireball, Unholy Strength, Unsummon, Tranquility, Craw Wurm, Berserk, Cop: Green, Steal Artifact
RFG:

Spiderman: 10?
Hand: 5
In Play:

(T,T,U) Island x3
(T) Forest
(U) Mt
(T) Plains
(U,U,U) Swamp x3

(U) Glasses of Urza (T: see opponent's hand)

(T) Grizzly Bears (2/2)
(U) Giant Spider (2/4, can block as though ~ has flying)
(S) Sea Serpent (5/5, Islandhome) * Control Magic *

Graveyard: Dwarven Warriors, Giant Growth, CoP: Red, Counterspell, Death Ward, Tranquility
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Gotta take it :)

Untap, upkeep, Creature Bond the Elf, attack with the Bears and Serpent, responses/blocks?

DarthFerret: 10
In Play:

(T,T) Island x2
(T.T) Swamp x2
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Mountain x2
(T) Plains

(U) Llanowar Elf (1/1, T: add G to your mana pool) *Bonded *
(T) Dwarven Warriors (1/1, T: target critter with power 2 or less is unblockable)

Graveyard: Fireball, Unholy Strength, Unsummon, Tranquility, Craw Wurm, Berserk, Cop: Green, Steal Artifact
RFG:

Spiderman: 10
Hand: 4
In Play:

(T,U,U) Island x3
(T) Forest
(U) Mt
(U) Plains
(U,U,U) Swamp x3

Creature Bond (When enchanted creature is put into a graveyard, ~ deals dmg equal to that creature's toughness to that creature's controller)

(T) Grizzly Bears (2/2)
(T) Sea Serpent (5/5, Islandhome) * Control Magic *

Graveyard: Dwarven Warriors, Giant Growth, CoP: Red, Counterspell, Death Ward, Tranquility
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

I forgot to add the other plains I put in play last turn on the board....

I will tap out my lands to make a 1/1 wasp and use it to block the serpent, and take the two from the bears...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Check...

Demonic Hordes, Done.

DarthFerret: 8
In Play:

(T,T) Island x2
(T.T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Mountain x2
(T,T) Plains x2

(T) The Hive (5T: make a 1/1 flying wasp artifact creature token)

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Forest
(U) Mt
(T) Plains
(T,T,T) Swamp x3

Creature Bond (When enchanted creature is put into a graveyard, ~ deals dmg equal to that creature's toughness to that creature's controller)

(T) Grizzly Bears (2/2)
(S) Demonic Hordes (5/5, T: destroy target land. At the beginning of my upkeep, unless I pay BBB, tap ~ and sac a land of opponent's choice)

RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Figured I would see the hoards this turn....<sigh>

(Am I remember correctly about the land max of 10? if so, leave it as it is, if not I will put a Mountain in play.

Untap upkeep, Thicket Basilisk, done.

Hand: 1
In Play:

(U,U) Island x2
(T.T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(U,U) Mountain x2
(U,T) Plains x2

(U) Dwarven Warriors (1/1, T: target critter with power 2 or less is unblockable)
(U) Hurloon Minotaur (2/3)
(S) Thicket Basilisk (2/4, Whenever <this> blocks or becomes blocked destroy the creature blocking or being blocked at the end of combat.)

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Forest
(U) Mt
(T) Plains
(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(T) Grizzly Bears (2/2)
(S) Demonic Hordes (5/5, T: destroy target land. At the beginning of my upkeep, unless I pay BBB, tap ~ and sac a land of opponent's choice)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Max of 10 lands, unless you have some in your pack, those don't count toward the 10 land rule. I think......

D

DarthFerret

Ok, that is what I thought, If his hoards eat my land, I can put another in play then? or is it a total max of 10?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's 10 lands total, unless you have some in your pack. If I eat 'em, they're gone :)

Untap upkeep - pay BBB, attack with the Serpent, responses/blocks?

In Play:

(U,U) Island x2
(T.T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(U,U) Mountain x2
(U,T) Plains x2

(U) Dwarven Warriors (1/1, T: target critter with power 2 or less is unblockable)
(S) Thicket Basilisk (2/4, Whenever <this> blocks or becomes blocked destroy the creature blocking or being blocked at the end of combat.)

RFG:

In Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Forest
(U) Mt
(U) Plains
(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(U) Grizzly Bears (2/2)
(U) Demonic Hordes (5/5, T: destroy target land. At the beginning of my upkeep, unless I pay BBB, tap ~ and sac a land of opponent's choice)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Done.

In Play:

(T,T) Island x2
(T.T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Mountain x2
(T,T) Plains x2

(T) The Hive (5T: make a 1/1 flying wasp artifact creature token)

RFG:

In Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Forest
(U) Mt
(U) Plains
(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(U) Grizzly Bears (2/2)
(U) Demonic Hordes (5/5, T: destroy target land. At the beginning of my upkeep, unless I pay BBB, tap ~ and sac a land of opponent's choice)

RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Untap, upkeep, tap the warrior to make the minotaur unblockable, and attack with it, done.

In Play:

(U,U) Island x2
(U.U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Mountain x2
(U,U) Plains x2

(U) Thicket Basilisk (2/4, Whenever <this> blocks or becomes blocked destroy the creature blocking or being blocked at the end of combat.)

RFG:

In Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Forest
(U) Mt
(U) Plains
(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(U) Grizzly Bears (2/2)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT I'll kill a Forest.

Untap, upkeep - pay BBB, Twiddle the Basilisk, attack with everyone, responses/blocks?

In Play:

(U,U) Island x2
(U.U) Swamp x2
(U) Forest
(U,U) Mountain x2
(U,U) Plains x2

(T) Thicket Basilisk (2/4, Whenever <this> blocks or becomes blocked destroy the creature blocking or being blocked at the end of combat.)

Graveyard: Fireball, Unholy Strength, Unsummon, Tranquility, Craw Wurm, Berserk, Cop: Green, Steal Artifact, Forest
RFG:

Spiderman: 8
Hand: 2
In Play:

(T,U,U) Island x3
(U) Forest
(U) Mt
(U) Plains
(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(T) Grizzly Bears (2/2)
(T) Giant Spider (2/4, can block as though ~ has flying)
(T) Demonic Hordes (5/5, T: destroy target land. At the beginning of my upkeep, unless I pay BBB, tap ~ and sac a land of opponent's choice)

Graveyard: Dwarven Warriors, Giant Growth, CoP: Red, Counterspell, Death Ward, Tranquility, Twiddle
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Make a wasp to block the hoards, and block the serpent with the elf, Take the rest plus 1 for the elf dying means I take 5 right?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately no :) You find out that your Wasp has been given False Orders and instead is ordered to block the Serpent. You take 9 damage from the creatures (and two from Creature Bond, but hopefully that's unnecessary :) )

D

DarthFerret

arghhh...I made too many mistakes from earlier to recover. I actually kinda saw this outcome but hoped you would wait on the false orders....good game..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I actually should have done that last turn but wasn't thinking :) Good game!

Do you want to do Unlimited or just move on to Arabian Nights, since Unlimited is essentially the same as Alpha/Beta?