MindMaster Arabian Nights: Ransac vs BigBlue

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap, Upkeep, Forest, Desert Twister your 4/4 Rukh. Attack with my Flyers. I'll assume no blocks. Done.

BigBlue: 14
Hand: 5
In Play:

(T) Island x1
(T) Plains x1
(T) Mountain x1
(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Forest x1

(T) Flying Men (4/4; Flying) (*Unstable)
(U) Desert Nomads (2/2; DesertWalk; Prevent dmg from deserts to ~)
(U) War Elephant (2/2; Banding; Trample)
(S) Desert Nomads (2/2; DesertWalk; Prevent dmg from deserts to ~)
(T) Cuombajj Witches (1/3; T: do 1 pt of Dmg to target creature or player, ~ does 1 pt of dmg to target creature or player of opponents choosing)
(S) Moorish Cavalry (3/3, Trample)
(S) Camel (0/1, Banding; prevent all damage from Desert to ~ as well as all creatures banded w/ ~)

Graveyard: Sindbad, Metamorphosis, Rukh Egg
Removed from Game:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(U) Giant Tortoise (1/4, Giant Tortoise gets +0/+3 as long as it's untapped.)
(T) Flying Men (1/1, flying)
(U) Khabal Ghoul (5/5, At end of turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Khabal Ghoul for each creature put into a graveyard from play this turn.) one +1/+1 counter
(U) Khabal Ghoul (5/5, At end of turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Khabal Ghoul for each creature put into a graveyard from play this turn.) one +1/+1 counter
(U) Nafs Asp (1/1, Whenever Nafs Asp deals damage to a player, that player loses 1 life at the beginning of his or her next draw step unless he or she pays 1 before that draw step.)
(T) Bird Maiden (1/2, flying)
(T) Bird Token (4/4, flying)

Graveyard: Metamorphosis, Rukh Egg, Wyluli Wolf, Desert Twister
Removed from Game:

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

(Booooooooo.....)

Untap, Add unstable counter, Play Plains, Play Merchant Ship, Play Hasran Ogress, Ali Baba, Attack w/ Everything but the Witches (Band the Camel & Elephant w/ the Cavalry) Blocks & Responses?

Nice twister, that's probably gonna make it a W for you.

Hand: 3
In Play:

(Ench) Unstable Mutation (Ench Creature get's +3/+3; At the beginning of it's controller's upkeep put a -1/-1 counter on it)

(T) Island x1
(UU) Plains x2
(T) Mountain x1
(TT) Swamp x2
(U) Forest x1

(T) Flying Men (3/3; Flying) (*Unstable)
(T) Desert Nomads (2/2; DesertWalk; Prevent dmg from deserts to ~)
(T) War Elephant (2/2; Banding; Trample)
(T) Desert Nomads (2/2; DesertWalk; Prevent dmg from deserts to ~)
(U) Cuombajj Witches (1/3; T: do 1 pt of Dmg to target creature or player, ~ does 1 pt of dmg to target creature or player of opponents choosing)
(T) Moorish Cavalry (3/3, Trample)
(T) Camel (0/1, Banding; prevent all damage from Desert to ~ as well as all creatures banded w/ ~)

(S) Merchant Ship (0/2; If this attacks and is not blocked, gain 2 life; Islandhome)
(S) Ali Baba (1/1; R: Tap target wall)
(S) Hasran Ogress (3/2; ~ does 2 dmg to me if I don't pay 2 when attacking with ~)

Graveyard: Sindbad, Metamorphosis, Rukh Egg
Removed from Game:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(U) Giant Tortoise (1/4, Giant Tortoise gets +0/+3 as long as it's untapped.)
(U) Khabal Ghoul (6/6, At end of turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Khabal Ghoul for each creature put into a graveyard from play this turn.) one +1/+1 counter
(U) Khabal Ghoul (6/6, At end of turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Khabal Ghoul for each creature put into a graveyard from play this turn.) one +1/+1 counter
(U) Nafs Asp (1/1, Whenever Nafs Asp deals damage to a player, that player loses 1 life at the beginning of his or her next draw step unless he or she pays 1 before that draw step.)

Graveyard: Metamorphosis, Rukh Egg, Wyluli Wolf, Desert Twister
Removed from Game:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
QUESTION WITH BANDING AND TRAMPLE (as there always is):

Does the trample essentially give your banding party the ability to direct the damage to me instead of the creature I block the band with?

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

I don't think so... Banding says I can assign the damage from your defenders as I see fit. Trample says any remaining damage will flow through to the defender. Nothing in those to statements indicates I can somehow "assign damage to the defender."

When I'm the attacker - unless you have banding, I can always assign my damage to your creatures as I see fit - whether it is one creature (like a Craw Giant blocked by 3 1/1's) or a band.

Where it gets goofy is when defenders have banding and there's trample damage... I think the rules are the same, but some people here would say the defender can assign all the damage to a creature and take none of it if you have a banding creature on defense... Unless they removed this **change** to trample rules in what I recall was around 5th Edition... trample damage has to be assigned to as many blocking creatures as it can before any remaining damage is computed.

I look at the interaction of Protection from X w/ Trample to argue - those rules state you can only assign (and therefore prevent) as much damage as the toughness of the blocking creature - any extra damage assigned will flow through to the defender. Similarly - you look at previous damage, so if you blocked w/ your Turtle, and I activated the witch on the turtle, I'd only have to assign 3 damage to the turtle and the rest (2) would go to you. If a black knight blocked my band, 2 points would be assigned to the knight (which would be reduced to zero), but the rest (3) would trample through.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Giant Tortoise blocks your banding party. (1 damage tramples through)

Unstable Flying Men goes through unblocked.

Each Ghoul will block a nomad.

I should be taking 4, my Tortoise becomes turtle stew, and your nomads die a huge death? This, in turn, makes my ghouls 9/9's

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

Updating The board

Done.

In Play:

(Ench) Unstable Mutation (Ench Creature get's +3/+3; At the beginning of it's controller's upkeep put a -1/-1 counter on it)

(T) Island x1
(UU) Plains x2
(T) Mountain x1
(TT) Swamp x2
(U) Forest x1

(U) Cuombajj Witches (1/3; T: do 1 pt of Dmg to target creature or player, ~ does 1 pt of dmg to target creature or player of opponents choosing)
(T) Camel (0/1, Banding; prevent all damage from Desert to ~ as well as all creatures banded w/ ~)

(S) Merchant Ship (0/2; If this attacks and is not blocked, gain 2 life; Islandhome)
(S) Hasran Ogress (3/2; ~ does 2 dmg to me if I don't pay 2 when attacking with ~)

Graveyard: Sindbad, Metamorphosis, Rukh Egg, Desert Nomads, Desert Nomads
Removed from Game:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(U) Khabal Ghoul (9/9, At end of turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Khabal Ghoul for each creature put into a graveyard from play this turn.) eight +1/+1 counters
(U) Khabal Ghoul (9/9, At end of turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Khabal Ghoul for each creature put into a graveyard from play this turn.) eight +1/+1 counters

Graveyard: Metamorphosis, Rukh Egg, Wyluli Wolf, Desert Twister, Giant Tortoise
Removed from Game:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap, Upkeep, Oasis, Attack with my Rukh and my Flying Men. Responses?

BigBlue: 14/9?
In Play:

(T) Island x1
(UU) Plains x2
(T) Mountain x1
(TT) Swamp x2
(U) Forest x1

Graveyard: Sindbad, Metamorphosis, Rukh Egg, Desert Nomads, Desert Nomads
Removed from Game:

(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(UU) Forest
(U) Oasis (T: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn.)

(U) Bird Maiden (1/2, flying)

Removed from Game:

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

I'll use the witches to kill the flying men in response to the oasis.

No response to the attack.

No blocks either (obviously).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That being the case, I shall tap the Oasis to prevent the 1 to my Flying Men AND have the extra point be dealt to you Camel. You take 5?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Erg Raiders. Done.

BigBlue: 9
In Play:

(T) Island x1
(UU) Plains x2
(T) Mountain x1
(TT) Swamp x2
(U) Forest x1

(T) Cuombajj Witches (1/3; T: do 1 pt of Dmg to target creature or player, ~ does 1 pt of dmg to target creature or player of opponents choosing)

Graveyard: Sindbad, Metamorphosis, Rukh Egg, Desert Nomads, Desert Nomads, Camel
Removed from Game:

(U) Island
(T) Swamp
(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(TU) Forest
(T) Oasis (T: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn.)

(S) Erg Raiders (2/3, At the end of your turn, if Erg Raiders didn't attack this turn, Erg Raiders deals 2 damage to you unless it came under your control this turn.)

Removed from Game:

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

Thats game....
piety and eye to eye arent gonna save me.... i accidentally attacked w/ the nomadds last round (I had been attacking all out independently... had I not it might have saved me..

Desert Twister got me.

On to Legends?

BigBlue: 9
Hand: 2
In Play:

(T) Island x1
(UU) Plains x2
(T) Mountain x1
(TT) Swamp x2
(U) Forest x1

Graveyard: Sindbad, Metamorphosis, Rukh Egg, Desert Nomads, Desert Nomads, Camel
Removed from Game:

(U) Island
(T) Swamp
(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(TU) Forest
(T) Oasis (T: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn.)

(S) Erg Raiders (2/3, At the end of your turn, if Erg Raiders didn't attack this turn, Erg Raiders deals 2 damage to you unless it came under your control this turn.)

Removed from Game:

Ransac, cpa trash man[/QUOTE]