Mindmaster Apocalypse: Spidey vs Ransac

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 6.

Lay of the Land (which doesn't do anything since I'm at the 10 land limit)

Done

During your upkeep, I'll Shimmering Mirage your Mt to a Swamp

Ransac: 23
Hand: 3
In Play:

(U) Mountain
(TU) Plains
(UU) Forest
(T) Island
(TTT) Swamp

Shield of Duty and Reason (enchant creature, enchanted creature gains protection from blue and green) [shielding Gerrard)
Coalition Flag (Enchanted creature is a Flagbearer. Whenever a spell or ability an opponent controls is put onto the stack, if that spell or ability could target a Flagbearer in play but doesn't, that opponent changes one of its targets to a Flagbearer.)

(U) Gerrard Capashen (3/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 1 life for each card in target opponent's hand. 3WW: Tap target creature. Play this ability only if Gerrard Capashen is attacking) (shielded by duty and reason)
(U) Razorfin Hunter (1/1, T: Razorfin Hunter deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(S) Tidal Courier (1/1) Waving the flag of Coalition

Graveyard: Urborg Elf, Living Airship, Tranquil Path, Manacles of Decay, Raka Disciple, Zombie Boa, Ebony Treefolk
RFG:

Spidey: 3
Hand: 1
In Play:

(U,U,U,U) Mt x4
(U) Plains
(U,U) Swamp x2
(T) Forest
(T,T) Island x2

Shield of Duty and Reason (Enchanted creature gains protection from blue and green)

(U) Llanowar Dead (2/2, T: Add B to my mana pool)
(U) Zombie Boa (3/3, 1B: Choose a color. Whenever ~ becomes blocked by a creature of that color, destroy that creature. Play this ability only when I can play a sorcery)
(T) Whirlpool Drake (2/2, flying)
(T) Phyrexian Gargantua (4/4) *Shielded*

Graveyard: Night/Day, Squee's Embrace, Jilt, Yavimaya's Embrace, Urborg Uprising, Bloodfire Dwarf, Goblin Legionaire, Lay of the Land, Shimmering Mirage
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
NOTE: my courier's toughness is actually 2.

EOT, ping you for 1 with my razorfin.

Untap, Upkeep, Coastal Drake. Done.

Ransac: 23
Hand: 2
In Play:

(U) Mountain (swamp)
(UU) Plains
(UU) Forest
(U) Island
(UUU) Swamp

Shield of Duty and Reason (enchant creature, enchanted creature gains protection from blue and green) [shielding Gerrard)
Coalition Flag (Enchanted creature is a Flagbearer. Whenever a spell or ability an opponent controls is put onto the stack, if that spell or ability could target a Flagbearer in play but doesn't, that opponent changes one of its targets to a Flagbearer.)

(U) Gerrard Capashen (3/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 1 life for each card in target opponent's hand. 3WW: Tap target creature. Play this ability only if Gerrard Capashen is attacking) (shielded by duty and reason)
(U) Razorfin Hunter (1/1, T: Razorfin Hunter deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(U) Tidal Courier (1/2) Waving the flag of Coalition
(S) Coastal Drake (2/1, flying, 1U,T: Return target Kavu to its owner's hand.)

Graveyard: Urborg Elf, Living Airship, Tranquil Path, Manacles of Decay, Raka Disciple, Zombie Boa, Ebony Treefolk
RFG:

Spidey: 2
In Play:

(U,U,U,U) Mt x4
(U) Plains
(U,U) Swamp x2
(T) Forest
(T,T) Island x2

Shield of Duty and Reason (Enchanted creature gains protection from blue and green)

(U) Zombie Boa (3/3, 1B: Choose a color. Whenever ~ becomes blocked by a creature of that color, destroy that creature. Play this ability only when I can play a sorcery)

Graveyard: Night/Day, Squee's Embrace, Jilt, Yavimaya's Embrace, Urborg Uprising, Bloodfire Dwarf, Goblin Legionaire, Lay of the Land, Shimmering Mirage
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You also gain 1 during your upkeep from Gerrard.

Untap, upkeep

Attack with everyone
Responses/blocks?

Ransac: 24
Hand: 2
In Play:

(U) Mountain (swamp)
(UU) Plains
(UU) Forest
(U) Island
(UUU) Swamp

(U) Tidal Courier (1/2) Waving the flag of Coalition
(S) Coastal Drake (2/1, flying, 1U,T: Return target Kavu to its owner's hand.)

RFG:

Spidey: 2
In Play:

(U,U,U,U) Mt x4
(U) Plains
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Forest
(U,U) Island x2

RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
No responses. You have no more cards in hand and came 3 points shy of killing me. Wow. You done?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
End of turn, ping you for 1. During my upkeep, ping you for another 1. Your life goes to zero..........

....until I point out that there is no way that I am allowed to win this game. When you sacced your Dwarf the second time, it also should have killed my Hunter (Dwarf reads "EACH creature w/o flying." I wanted to see if you'd notice it, but you didn't. At that point, with the Hunter gone, there would be no way for me to win. Since you didn't place it in my graveyard, I knew that I'd be able to continue.

Be that as it may, my Hunter was actually dead. You win this game, foiling our run at continuous block sweeps. Onto Odyssey?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You sir, are a true gentleman. And I guess our observers (if we have any) didn't notice it either.

Yeah, I was concentrating too much on making sure my creatures lived and forgot about any other creatures with 1 toughness that you had.

Is that what you meant by updating the board?

Good game and onto Odyssey!