Mindmaster Antiquities: Spidey vs Oversoul

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Assign 2 dmg to the Sage, 2 to the Priest, and 4 to the Atog. All of your dmg is going on my Ram. Pass priority.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
My Battering Ram also has banding. While I like your suggestions, I think I'll actually go with a slightly different distribution: 1 to the Sage of Lat-Nam, 1 to the Priest of Yawgmoth, 3 to the Yotian Soldier, and 2 to the Grapeshot Catapult.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, a Battering Ram only gains banding when attacking. So while I like your suggestions, I'm gonna have to go with my dmg assignations :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That's what I get for looking at the Oracle version of the wording. I don't know why they'd make it less clear than the original (didn't notice the "your" or even think about the whole combat phase thing being in the text, but "bands while attacking is pretty impossible to misinterpret). In that case, I'll go with your damage distributions and activate my Amulet of Kroog to prevent 1 to the Atog, sac the Amulet to give the Atog +2/+2, and unless you have anything further, the Sage and Priest die.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll sac my Ram to my Atog for giggles, but yeah, your assessment of the results of combat is correct.

Cast two Reconstructions to bring back the Onulet and Battering Ram, cast them, Done

Spidey: 20
Hand: 2
In Play:

(U) Mishra's Factory (T: add 1 to my mana pool. 1: Ueot, ~ becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature. It's still a land. T: Target Assembly-Worker gets +1/+1 ueot)
(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Swamp
(T,T) Island x2
(T,T) Mountain x2

(T) Phyrexian Gremlins (1/1, I may choose not to untap ~ during my untap step. T: Tap target artifact. As long as ~ remains tapped, that artifact doesn't untap during its controller's untap step)
(T) Atog (1/2, sac an artifact: ~ gains +2/+2 ueot)
(U) Sage of Lat-Nam (1/2, T, sac an artifact: Draw a card)
(U) Primal Clay (2/2, flying)
(U) Priest of Yawgmoth (1/2, T, Sac an artifact: Add to my mana pool an anount of black mana equal to the sacced artifact's converted mana cost)
(S) Onulet (2/2, When ~ goes to a graveyard from play, I gain 2 life)
(S) Battering Ram (1/1, ~ gains banding when attacking, Whenever ~ becomes blocked by a Wall, destroy that Wall at the end of combat)

Graveyard: Crumble, Ornithopter, Yotian Soldier, Grapeshot Catapult, Reconstruction x2
RFG:

Oversoul: 19
Hand: 4
In Play:

(T, U) Island x2
(T, U) Swamp x2
(T, T, U) Mountain x3
(T U) Forest x2

Powerleech (whenever one of your artifacts becomes tapped or you use an activated ability of one of your artifacts, I gain 1 life)

(T) Staff of Zegon (3, T: target creature gets -2/-0 ueot)

(U) Yotian Soldier (1/4; Vigilance)
(T) Primal Clay (2/2; Flying)
(U) Atog (1/2, Sac an artifact: ~ gains +2/+2 ueot)
(U) Battering Ram (1/1, banding when attacking, Whenever ~ becomes blocked by a Wall, destroy that Wall at end of combat)
(U) Dragon Engine (1/3, 2: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot)
(U) Grapeshot Catapult (2/3; T: 1 damage to target creature with flying)

Graveyard: Staff of Zegon, Amulet of Kroog, Sage of Lat-Name, Priest of Yawgmoth
RFG: