Mindmaster Antiquities: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, you take 1 from the unblocked Pixie and your Blacksmith is out.

Swamp
Grapeshot Catapult

Done

Spidey: 21
Hand: 9
In Play:

(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T) Forest
(T,T) Swamp x2

(U) Tablet of Epityr (Whenever an artifact I control is put into the graveyard from play, I may pay 1. If I do, I gain a life)

(T) Argothian Pixies (3/2 due to ctr, ~ can't be blocked by artifact creatures. Prevent all dmg that would be dealt to ~ by artifact creatures) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Argivian Blacksmith (2/2, T: Prevent the next 2 dmg that would be dealt to target artifact creature this turn)
(T) Argothian Pixies (2/1, ~ can't be blocked by artifact creatures. Prevent all dmg that would be dealt to ~ by artifact creatures)
(U) Grapeshot Catapult (2/3, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature with flying)
(S) Grapeshot Catapult (2/3, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature with flying)

Graveyard: Ashnod's Transmogrant
RFG:

Mooseman: 15
Hand: 11
In Play:

(TU) Plains
(U)
(TT) Forest

Urza's Chalice (1: Any artifact cast by any player gives you 1 life. Can only give 1 life each time an artifact is cast.)
Weakstone (All attacking creatures lose -1/-0. Creatures with power less than 1 deal no damage.)

(U) Battering Ram (1/1, Banding when attacking. At the end of combat, destroy all walls blocking Battering Ram.)
(S) Dragon Engine (1/3, 2: +1/+0 until end of turn.)

Graveyard: Argivian Blacksmith
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
untap, upkeep, Swamp
Argotian Treefolk

Done

In Play:

(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T) Forest
(T,T) Swamp x2

(U) Tablet of Epityr (Whenever an artifact I control is put into the graveyard from play, I may pay 1. If I do, I gain a life)

(T) Argothian Pixies (3/2 due to ctr, ~ can't be blocked by artifact creatures. Prevent all dmg that would be dealt to ~ by artifact creatures) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Argivian Blacksmith (2/2, T: Prevent the next 2 dmg that would be dealt to target artifact creature this turn)
(T) Argothian Pixies (2/1, ~ can't be blocked by artifact creatures. Prevent all dmg that would be dealt to ~ by artifact creatures)

RFG:

Hand: 10
In Play:

(TU) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest

Urza's Chalice (1: Any artifact cast by any player gives you 1 life. Can only give 1 life each time an artifact is cast.)
Weakstone (All attacking creatures lose -1/-0. Creatures with power less than 1 deal no damage.)

(U) Battering Ram (1/1, Banding when attacking. At the end of combat, destroy all walls blocking Battering Ram.)
(S) Argotian Treefolk (3/5, Any damage Argothian Treefolk take from an artifact source is reduced to 0.)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa, he's a big 'un.

Untap, upkeep

Forest

Done

In Play:

(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Argothian Pixies (3/2 due to ctr, ~ can't be blocked by artifact creatures. Prevent all dmg that would be dealt to ~ by artifact creatures) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Argivian Blacksmith (2/2, T: Prevent the next 2 dmg that would be dealt to target artifact creature this turn)
(U) Argothian Pixies (2/1, ~ can't be blocked by artifact creatures. Prevent all dmg that would be dealt to ~ by artifact creatures)

RFG:

Hand: 10
In Play:

(TU) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(S) Argotian Treefolk (3/5, Any damage Argothian Treefolk take from an artifact source is reduced to 0.)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep

Plains
Yotian Soldier
gain a life

Done

In Play:

(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Argothian Pixies (3/2 due to ctr, ~ can't be blocked by artifact creatures. Prevent all dmg that would be dealt to ~ by artifact creatures) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Argivian Blacksmith (2/2, T: Prevent the next 2 dmg that would be dealt to target artifact creature this turn)
(U) Argothian Pixies (2/1, ~ can't be blocked by artifact creatures. Prevent all dmg that would be dealt to ~ by artifact creatures)

RFG:

Mooseman: 16
In Play:

(TTU) Plains
(T) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(TU) Forest

(U) Dragon Engine (1/3, 2: +1/+0 until end of turn.)
(U) Argotian Treefolk (3/5, Any damage Argothian Treefolk take from an artifact source is reduced to 0.)
(S) Yotian Soldier (1/4, Attacking does not cause Yotian Soldier to tap.)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I don't have much to get through to you either.....
Untap, upkeep

Forest
Tawnos's Weaponry
gain a life

Done

In Play:

(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Swamp x2

RFG:

Mooseman: 17
In Play:

(TTU) Plains
(T) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(UUU) Forest

(U) Tawnos's Weaponry (2: Target creature gains +1/+1 as long as Tawnos's Weaponry remains tapped. You may choose not to untap Tawnos's Weaponry during untap phase.)

(U) Argotian Treefolk (3/5, Any damage Argothian Treefolk take from an artifact source is reduced to 0.)
(S) Yotian Soldier (1/4, Attacking does not cause Yotian Soldier to tap.)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I don't see me doing anything, I think we are both looking to react to the others actions.
Untap, upkeep
Plains
Grapeshot Catapult
gain a life

Done

In Play:

(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Swamp x2

RFG:

Mooseman: 18
Hand: 7
In Play:

(TTTU) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(UUT) Forest

(U) Tawnos's Weaponry (2: Target creature gains +1/+1 as long as Tawnos's Weaponry remains tapped. You may choose not to untap Tawnos's Weaponry during untap phase.)

(U) Yotian Soldier (1/4, Attacking does not cause Yotian Soldier to tap.)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game then.

I think maybe if I saved my Transmogrant for your Treefolk, I could have made my Pixies unblockable unless you had other non-artifact creatures.

Here's my hand:

Artifact Ward
2 Urza's Power Plants (Dead!!!)
Urza's Mine (Dead!)
Reverse Polarity
Artifact Possession
The Rack
Wall of Spears
Damping Field

Hmm... I guess I could have waited for you to go below 3 cards in hand to use The Rack...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Dwarven Weaponsmith
Atog
The Rack
Reverse Polarity
Artifact Ward
Artifact Possession
Drafna's Restoration

I could have used the Rack also, but also pumped the Atog with the weaponsmith, sacing my artifacts and then trying for to get him through, but other than that it wasn't looking good and I would have run out of blockers at some point.