Responses/blocks?

Spidey: 10
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U) Mt x2
(U,U) Forest x2

Nest of Scarabs (Whenever I put one or more -1/-1 ctrs on a creature, create that many 1/1 black Insect creature tokens)
Cartouche of Solidarity (When ~ ETB, create a 1/1 white Warrior token w/Vigilance.; Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has first strike.)

(U) Hyena Pack (3/4)
(T,A) Colossapede (6/6; First strike from Cartouche) *Cartouched*
(U) Archfiend of Ifnir (0/2; Flying; Whenever I cycle or discard another card, put a -1/-1 ctr on each creature Mooseman controls; Cycle 2) ~wrapped~
(S) Warrior creature token (1/1; Vigilance)

Graveyard: Lay Bare the Heart, Bitterblade Warrior , Cursed Minotaur, Sacred Cat, Thresher Lizard
Exile:
==========================================================================
Mooseman: 10
Hand:4
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UUT) Swamp
(UUT) Island
(T) Mountain
(U) Forest

Faith of the devoted (E,Whenever you cycle or discard a card, you may pay {1}. If you do, each opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.)
Illusory Wrappings (EC,Enchanted creature has base power and toughness 0/2.)

(T) Slither Blade (1/2,Slither Blade can't be blocked.)
(U) Seeker of insight (1/3,T: Draw a card, then discard a card. Activate this ability only if you've cast a noncreature spell this turn.)
(U) Wasteland Scorpion (2/2,Deathtouch. Cycling {2})
(S) Naga Oracle (2/4, Library ETB stuff)

Graveyard: Decimator Beetle, Splendid Agony, Blazing Volley, Impeccable Timing, Sheltered Thicket
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nest triggers but I'll assume you don't have a response to that :)

With your Resolve still on the stack, I'll then pay GR to cycle Limits of Solidarity. Responses?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so hopefully I got this right since it's been a while and stuff went on :)

The Nest created 8 Insect tokens for me, four each from the the two cycles that placed -1/-1 ctrs on your creatures. Slither Blade died from the second -1/-1 ctr.

Combat: Colossapede deals its first strike to the Scorpion which is prevented by the Resolve, the Scorpion deals it's 2 damage with deathtouch to the Colossapede which dies.

Whew!

I'll cast Wander in Death to get back the Colossapede and Cursed Minotaur.
Embalm Sacred Cat

Done - the Mighty Leap wears off so your Scorpion dies from the -1/-1 ctrs
Spidey: 10
Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T,T) Swamp x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Forest x2

Nest of Scarabs (Whenever I put one or more -1/-1 ctrs on a creature, create that many 1/1 black Insect creature tokens)
(When ~ ETB, create a 1/1 white Warrior token w/Vigilance.; Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has first strike.)

(U) Hyena Pack (3/4)
(U) Archfiend of Ifnir (0/2; Flying; Whenever I cycle or discard another card, put a -1/-1 ctr on each creature Mooseman controls; Cycle 2) ~wrapped~
(S) Warrior creature token (1/1; Vigilance)
(S) Insect creature token (1/1)
(S) Sacred Cat embalmed (1/1; Lifelink)

Graveyard: Lay Bare the Heart, Bitterblade Warrior , Thresher Lizard, Horror of the Broken Lands, Limits of Solidarity, Cartouche of Solidarity, Wander in Death
Exile: Sacred Cat
==========================================================================
Mooseman: 10
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UUT) Swamp
(UUT) Island
(T) Mountain
(U) Forest

Faith of the devoted (E,Whenever you cycle or discard a card, you may pay {1}. If you do, each opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.)
Illusory Wrappings (EC,Enchanted creature has base power and toughness 0/2.)

(U) Seeker of insight (0/1 from ctrs,T: Draw a card, then discard a card. Activate this ability only if you've cast a noncreature spell this turn.) *2 -1/-1 ctrs*
(S) Naga Oracle (0/2 from ctrs, Library ETB stuff) *2 -1/-1 ctrs*

Graveyard: Decimator Beetle, Splendid Agony, Blazing Volley, Impeccable Timing, Sheltered Thicket, Djeru's Resolve, Mighty Leap, Slither Blade, Wasteland Scorpion
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, That's game..... I have one more creature in my hand (Lord of the Accursed) and a spidery grasp
Dang, you knew tht I had no chance and let me cast almost my entire hand..........
You had some good synergy cards.......
Good one.
What's Next?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game! You had some good instants and powerups, so I had to draw them out and try to make you use them on "useless" creatures :) The Archfiend was definitely key that worked with my cycling cards, although I wasn't sure if I would need Limits in Solidarity to take one of your creatures and use it against you :)

I still had:

Brute Strength
Sunscorched Desert - for that last surprise point

Next is Hour of Devastation, so I'll start that thread.