Mindmaster Alliances: Spidey vs BigBlue

Discussion in 'Mindmaster Games' started by Spiderman, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Take it.

Untap, upkeep

Island
    Return the Armor to my hand
    Cast it on the Crusader

Done

BigBlue: 13
    Poison Ctrs: 1
    Hand: 4
    Library: 3
    In Play

(U) Astrolabe (1,T, Sac ~: Add 2 mana of any color, Draw a card at beginning of next upkeep)
    (U) Mystic Compass (1,T: Select a basic land type. Target Land becomes that land type until EOT)
    (Ench) Unlikely Alliance (1W: Target non-attacking, Non-blocking creature get's +0/+2 until eot)

(T) School of the Unseen (T:1; 2,T: Add 1 mana of any color)
    (UUU) Plains x3
    (T) Forest x1
    (UUUU) Mountain x4

(T) Whip Vine (1/4; Defender; Reach; T: Tap target flying creature blocked by ~. That creature does not untap during it's owner's Untap Phase as long as ~ is tapped; You may choose to not untap ~)
    (U) Deadly Insect (6/1; Shroud)
    (U) Spiny Starfish (0/1; U: Regenerate; if ~ regenerates, put a Blue 0/1 Starfish token into play at eot for each time it regenerated.)
    (U) Storm Shaman (0/4; R: +1/+0)
    (T) Enslaved Scout (2/2; 2: Mountainwalk)

Graveyard: Storm Crow, Reprisal, Stench of Decay, Undergrowth, Agent of Stromgald, Ritual of the Machine, Plains, Noble Steeds, Reinforcements, Island
    Removed from Game:

(U) Plains
    (T,U) Swamp x2
    (T,U) Mt x2
    (U) Forest
    (T,T) Island x2

Kjeldoran's Pride (Enchanted creature gets +1/+2. 2U: Attach ~ to target creature)
    Viscerid Armor (Enchanted creature gets +1/+1. 1U: Return ~ to its owner's hand)

(U) Varchild's Crusader (4/3; Banding; 0: ~ can't be blocked this turn except by Walls. Sac ~ aeot) (Banding granted by Nature's Blessing) *Armored*
    (T) Aethir Glider (4/4, flying, ~ can't block) *Prided* *Whipped* :p
    (U) Balduvian Dead (2/3, 2R, Remove a creature card from my graveyard from the game: Put a 3/1 black and red Graveborn with haste into
    play. Sac it aeot)
    (U) Seasoned Tactician (1/3, 3, Remove the top four cards from my graveyard from the game: The next time a source of my choice would deal dmg to me this turn, prevent that dmg)

Graveyard: Phyrexian Boon, Feast or Famine, Royal Herbalist, Swamp Mosquito, Lim-Dul's High Guard, Awesome Presence, Fevered Strength, Inheritance, Soldevi Heretic, Carrier Pigeons, Awesome Presence, Omen of Fire, Plains, Nature's Blessing, Pillage
    Removed from Game:
  2. BigBlue Magic Jones

Untap (including the whip vine), Activate MW on Scout and attack w/ it for 2, Done after that.

In Play

(U) Astrolabe (1,T, Sac ~: Add 2 mana of any color, Draw a card at beginning of next upkeep)
    (U) Mystic Compass (1,T: Select a basic land type. Target Land becomes that land type until EOT)
    (Ench) Unlikely Alliance (1W: Target non-attacking, Non-blocking creature get's +0/+2 until eot)

(UUU) Plains x3
    (U) Forest x1
    (TUUU) Mountain x4

(U) Whip Vine (1/4; Defender; Reach; T: Tap target flying creature blocked by ~. That creature does not untap during it's owner's Untap Phase as long as ~ is tapped; You may choose to not untap ~)
    (U) Spiny Starfish (0/1; U: Regenerate; if ~ regenerates, put a Blue 0/1 Starfish token into play at eot for each time it regenerated.)

Graveyard: Storm Crow, Reprisal, Stench of Decay, Undergrowth, Agent of Stromgald, Ritual of the Machine, Plains, Noble Steeds, Reinforcements, Island
    Removed from Game:

(U) Plains
    (T,U) Swamp x2
    (T,U) Mt x2
    (U) Forest
    (T,T) Island x2

Kjeldoran's Pride (Enchanted creature gets +1/+2. 2U: Attach ~ to target creature)
    Viscerid Armor (Enchanted creature gets +1/+1. 1U: Return ~ to its owner's hand)

(U) Varchild's Crusader (4/3; Banding; 0: ~ can't be blocked this turn except by Walls. Sac ~ aeot) (Banding granted by Nature's Blessing) *Armored*
    (T) Aethir Glider (3/3, flying, ~ can't block) *Prided*
    (U) Balduvian Dead (2/3, 2R, Remove a creature card from my graveyard from the game: Put a 3/1 black and red Graveborn with haste into
    play. Sac it aeot)
    (U) Seasoned Tactician (1/3, 3, Remove the top four cards from my graveyard from the game: The next time a source of my choice would deal dmg to me this turn, prevent that dmg)

Graveyard: Phyrexian Boon, Feast or Famine, Royal Herbalist, Swamp Mosquito, Lim-Dul's High Guard, Awesome Presence, Fevered Strength, Inheritance, Soldevi Heretic, Carrier Pigeons, Awesome Presence, Omen of Fire, Plains, Nature's Blessing, Pillage
    Removed from Game:
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Take it.

Untap, upkeep

Island
    Attach the Pride to the Crusader
    Make a Graveborn creature, removing the Royal Herbalist
    Band the Crusader and Graveborn and attack
    Responses/blocks?

In Play

(UUU) Plains x3
    (U) Forest x1
    (TUUU) Mountain x4

(U) Whip Vine (1/4; Defender; Reach; T: Tap target flying creature blocked by ~. That creature does not untap during it's owner's Untap Phase as long as ~ is tapped; You may choose to not untap ~)

Removed from Game:

(U) Plains
    (T,U) Swamp x2
    (T,U) Mt x2
    (U) Forest
    (T,U,U) Island x3

(T) Varchild's Crusader (5/5; Banding; 0: ~ can't be blocked this turn except by Walls. Sac ~ aeot) (Banding granted by Nature's Blessing) *Armored* *Prided*
    (T) Aethir Glider (2/1, flying, ~ can't block)
    play. Sac it aeot)
    (T) Graveborn (3/1)

Graveyard: Phyrexian Boon, Feast or Famine, Swamp Mosquito, Lim-Dul's High Guard, Awesome Presence, Fevered Strength, Inheritance, Soldevi Heretic, Carrier Pigeons, Awesome Presence, Omen of Fire, Plains, Nature's Blessing, Pillage
    Removed from Game: Royal Herbalist
  4. BigBlue Magic Jones

Give the Starfish w/ Unlikely Alliance (WR) +0/+2 and block it. Use Mystic Compass(R) to make my Forest an Island 'til end of turn, tap it to regenerate the Starfish. (I have 2 Plains and a MT untapped).
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That's what I thought. Man, I wish I had trample.

I'll concede, I can't get rid of the mountainwalker and I can't break through. All I had left was Suffocation and Ashnod's Cyclix (was gonna be Blessing fodder if I still had it). Good game! Onto Homelands...
  6. BigBlue Magic Jones

I was holding on to -

Casting of Bones (was gonna get my 2 banders back and pitch the horde)
    Bounty of the Hunt (in case of emergency - break glass)
    Surge of Strength (cool except for the discard part)
    Varchild's Crusader (since I had so many creatures - it was just in case)

I really felt mana hosed - the Unlikely Alliance is cool - just takes a lot of mana to use it.

Homelands it is...