Microprose Magic PC game

R

Rando

A year or so ago I came across the old MicroProse version of M:tg. I don't know if you've played it before but it's pretty good. It's got the cards from Alpha through The Dark. You can make a collection of decks or play Sealed. The AI isn't as bad as you might think, fun but still not a good as real live players. Think of it as a kind of M:tg solitaire. Dig it.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Installation

DISCLAIMER: I have nothing to do with the content at the above link. I just think the game is neat.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Thanks for the link. I definitely had a ton of fun playing Shandalar back in the day. I may have to check it out

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I still have the original disk somewhere, but didn't have the stuff beyond the initial release. Thanks.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I totally still play this game (I believe that the version I have was from The Home of the Underdogs, which I downloaded probably in 2003 or so, and that when I copied all my files from my old computer and put them on this computer, the game came along, but I really do have at least some of the discs associated with the game lying around here somewhere). Well, I haven't played the Shandalar portion in years, but I play regular old decks against the AI (the problems with the AI came up on one of the threads here a while back, actually, although I don't remember what the thread itself was about). I don't think I've actually played it at all since the screen cracked on my computer last month, as most of the times I was playing the game because I was at my computer on a train or somewhere else without internet access, and now my computer is confined to my desk (hooked up to an external monitor). But yeah, until my screen cracked, I was playing quick matches against the computer here and there several times a week.