Meteor Storm yes/no?

K

Korsantar

Meteor Storm
RG
Enchantment
2RG, Discard two cards at random from your hand: Meteor Storm
deals 4 damage to target creature or player.

I'm making a fairly straightforward G/R deck with big creatures and destructive spells, I was looking though some g/r multi cards I've got and was thinking of putting this in. being able to swat stuff whenever you want is kinda nice, but for four mana and two cards is it worth it?

not really sure if getting this in my booster was a good thing... heh, hoping it's at least usable. hate getting crap rares :(

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It would've been a half-way decent card if it hadn't said "at random". I wouldn't put this card in a deck unless I was drafting/sealed deck and I was desperate for some more burn.

With madness around, it's not nearly as bad as it was, but the "at random" thing makes it bad enough not to get played.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

theorgg

I've seen people use it with Squee and Death Spark before.

The deck wasn't too bad... In chaos.

Actually, Ransac, wasn't that #ucker who had that deck?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Hmm, I don't know if %ucker made a deck with that. But, I wouldn't be surprised. He made some wierd-@$$ casual decks.

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

NorrYtt

Meteor Storm combos with Ceta Santuary. It also slips under the counter wall and murders control decks. Maybe Ensnaring Bridge decks could splash for it and Hull Breach.

K

Killerbob

I saw some top 8 deck using it, in one of the larger tournaments.
But if you dont play type2, the old favourite stormbind, is much better. But still -it murders control (and is maybe even better against control than stormbind, because of the lower cc), and comboes with madness/bridge.

T

train

If you run it with any X-drawing cards it becomes really nice for mid-late kill/control.