Mercadian Land Beat Deck

H

Helen_keler

Here is a weird deck I am working on to play at a small gathering, or just against my friends and their MBC decks. It is not for any PTQ or anything--I don't expect to do too well with it, but looks like fun.

4x Natural Affinity
4x Death Pit Offering
4x Animate Land
4x Stampede Driver
4x Skyshroud Claim
4x Vine Trellis
4x Snag
2x Jolrael
2x Dark Ritual
2x Rhystic Tutor
2x Spidersilk Armor
16x Forests
8x Swamps

The deal is to get lands out quickly via Claim and throw out a Death Pit Offering without creatures, and then a Stampede Driver. Wait for them to attack with stuff, since you have nothing, Snag for no damage. Next turn use Ritual for more mana and Vine Trellis, and either Natural Affinity, Jolrael, or Animate Land coupled with the Driver for much damage. The Tutor is for search, of course, and the Armor for blocking if needed.

The sideboard also needs to be elusive since they will know what hijinks you are planning for the second game. Throw some comments out there.

G

garfobo

Sounds like a good deck idea, id pull out theArmors, u wont be worying about that, u just need to focus on getting lands out quick, id say chuck in 2 Land Grants instead!

K

krichaiushii

Instead of Spidersilk Armor, why not some form of black creature removal -- either Snuff Out or Vendetta.

Very nice idea, though. I might have to steal it for my own. :)

R

rkoelsch

You could add massacres for mass creature removal. Maybe instead of the spidersilks.

H

Helen_keler

When I first thought of the deck, the Armors were just thrown in, so when everyone is against them, might as well take them out. I will have to wait a little before I start seriously testing this deck, but I believe the Massacres or Land Grant would work, but I'm still torn. Hopefully, I can do some testing this weekend with it.

Any thoughts on a possible sideboard?