Mental notes...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
These are just notes to myself regarding current bugs with the programs I've written, am using, or things I'm considering.

* Fix MAJOR WebTV issues with this forum software (sorry :()
* Fix minor Netscape issues
* Clean up HTML in templates
* On articles, send title to "Show All Replies" link (so the title actually gets stored!)
* Rewrite the main page to use PHP for inclusion of the new PHP news script (rename to index.php and add that to DirectoryIndex in htaccess file)
* Bug Chuck about the stuff for the poll directory (hint! hint! :rolleyes: )
* Rewrite article system to PHP/MySQL (for dynamic generation.) (Also, consider using Perl [regexps] to create the article files and use PHP to import to MySQL)
* Brainstorm/develop a "thread rating" system for inclusion on the main page

Hmm.. that's all I can think of for now.
If anyone else has anything to add, let me know. Otherwise I'm going to use this as my permanent notes system ;)

T

theorgg

what about links back to the CPA main page on the voting booth/card rating pages?

It gets kinda annoying having to bring up the "favorites" menue...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You don't just hit the "back" button on your browser?

Ed: I was going to mention this in my thanks to you thread, but I'll put it here. The new reply window on the main page no longer puts the name of the article, it just has "by <author>". Is this a byproduct from the message to the right "error while processing this directive"? Or something not related?

Thanks for your work!

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
* On articles, send title to "Show All Replies" link (so the title actually gets stored!)
As a temporary fix, just reply to the thread on the main article page, not the "Show All Replies" and it will work fine.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
* WebTV bugs fixed (I hope). Child, let me know if you have any trouble posting now!
* Some minor Netscape bugs addressed.
* Some HTML cleaned up

* Continue writing PHP/MySQL article system. Its coming long quite well, all articles and replies have already been added and everything gets grabbed and generated correctly. You can also add your replies now too. :D All I have to do is (maybe) tighten up my code and write the administrative backend (*sigh*)
* Start brainstorming that thread rating system.