Me and my crazy ideas...

M

MrXarvox

Ethereal seizure UUUU
Enchantment
When (this) comes into play, remove all permanents from the game.
When (this leaves play, return those permanents to play.
Sacrifice (this) when a spell is played by any player.

Nought U
Creature-Illusion
All damage dealt to Nought is reduced to zero.
Nought cannot be targeted or sacrificed.
0/1

F

FoundationOfRancor

Im not sure Ethereal seizure is balanced or not (It appears to be), but it has major wording problems. It should go a something like this:

Ethereal seizure
UUUU
Enchantment
As Ethereal seizure comes into play, remove all permanents from the game.
When Ethereal seizure leaves play, return those permanents to play under their owners control.
Whenever a spell is played, sacrifice Ethereal seizure.

Im not so sure about the word played, cast may be the right term.

Nought should at least cost 1U. It's totally better than Fog Bank, except it doesent have flying. 2U is probably a good price. Wording issues too. Also, im not sure if it's nesscary to include the limitation on sacrificing (You may not be able to sacrifice it because it cant be the target of spells or abilties, etc.)
Now that I think about it, is their a point to not being able to sacrifice it? I cant see one.

Interesting cards MrXarvox, I look forward to more:)

M

MrXarvox

Haven't played in a while. I see my wording's gotten a bit rusty...

Instability 1RRR
Enchantment
Whenever a permanent comes into play, flip a coin. If heads, return that card to its owner's hand.

Rose Crater
Legendary Land
T: add 1 to your mana pool.
6: add WUBRG to your mana pool.

Glass Mountain
Legendary Land
T: add 2 to your mana pool.
T, Remove the top 6 cards of your library from the game: Draw 2 cards.

Morning Lens 2
Artifact
At the beginning of your main phase, add 3 to your mana pool and pay 1 life.

Basalt Spires
Land
T: add X to your mana pool and pay X life, where X is the number of lands you control.

Petal Tower 6
Artifact
Remove the top card of your library from the game: reveal the top card of target player's library. If that card is a land card, shuffle it back into the player's library. If it is a nonland card, remove it from the game.

E

Ephrils

Ethereal seizure is funny :D

I think the spell should be successfully cast to have it be sacrificed though, not just played. The wording adjustment I'd make is "put into the graveyard" instead of "leaves play", for the small loophole of phasing, though being able to phase the enchatment would rock! :D

M

MrXarvox

Vicious Dodecahedron 3
Artifact Creature
Sacrifice a land when <this> comes into play.
Flying. Vicious Dodecahedron cannot attack or block. Sacrifice an island: Vicious dodecahedron may attack or block this turn.
5/5

Vicious Sphere 3
Artifact Creature
Trample. Vicious Sphere cannot attack or block. Sacrifice a forest: Vicious Sphere may attack or block this turn.
6/6

Vicious Cube 3
Artifact Creature
First strike. Vicious Cube cannot attack or block. Sacrifice a plains: Vicious Cube may attack or block this turn.
5/4

Vicious Cone 3
Artifact Creature
B: Regenerate. Vicious Cone may not attack or block. Sacrifice a swamp: Vicious Cone may attack or block this turn.
5/4

Vicious Shard 3
Artifact Creature
Vicious Shard is unaffected by summoning sickness.
Vicious Shard may not attack or block. Sacrifice a mountain: Vicious Shard may attack or block this turn.
6/2

Shyte 1B
Creature-Horror
When Shyte deals combat damage to a creature, destroy that creature. When a creature is destroyed in this way, put a +1/+1 counter on Shyte.
2/1

Rent Painting 7
Artifact
All creatures get -2/-1. Whenever a land is tapped, that land's controller must pay 1 or 1 life.
Sacrifice Rent painting: destroy all lands and creatures.
"What is the world but an image that fades when light is shed upon it ?" - Lord Burning-Sky

Insurrection 2UUU
Sorcery
Shuffle all creatures into their owners' libraries.
Draw a card.

I

Istanbul

Uhh. What happens with the land-eating artifact creatures if you don't control a land of the appropriate type?

I

Istanbul

Of course, I think they should cost 5 anyway. 5/5s and 6/6s and the like should cost 5. Sure, they have issues attacking/blocking...but creatures that size don't NEED to attack/block much, and they have special abilities to help make up for the drawback. At least make them 4 and force a sacrifice of the appropriate land type when they come into play.

R

RabidKimba

Glass Mountain
Land
T: add 2 to your mana pool.
T, Remove the top 6 cards of your library from the game: Draw 2 cards.

eer - that's a bit too powerful. Maybe remove the mana-producing ability? adding 2 to your mana pool with no drawback just doesn't happen, esp with another good ability.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Combine the mana ability and remove cards ability in some way (get 2 mana, remove 1/2/whatever cards from the game? To get around Gaea's Blessing)

M

MrXarvox

Happie Breakfust Zeereal 4
Artimafact
T: Place a cereal counter on target player. They like it.
2: Mmmmmmm. A good morning meal.
8: The bowl is too big, so two can share.
Sacrifice a spoon: Do not eat for you haven't a spoon.

I have no idea why I just made this. It is insane. I am insane, like Pip Fibbetywhat. Except I haven't a grossly oversized derringer hidden in the pocket of my perfectly average trousers.

M

MrXarvox

raaaaaaaaaaaaa

I lyke the nyght tyme

------

Soulthief's Bauble 6
Artifact
Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play, you gain 1 life.
T: Put a -2/-2 counter on target creature.
If <this> is untapped at the end of your turn, you lose 4 life.
"As much as I may miss a person, I cannot find it in myself not to smile at their funeral" -- Freed Soulthief

Soulthief's Helm 10
Artifact
Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play, draw a card.
4, T: destroy target creature.
if <this> is untapped at the end of your turn, discard your hand.
"Aspirin was no substitute for a writhing soul" -- Freed Soulthief

Soulthief's Spine 14
Artifact
Whenever a creature is put into the graveyard from play, you gain 2 life and draw a card.
Pay 8 life, T: Remove target creature from the game and gain life equal to its toughness.
If <this> is untapped at the end of your turn, lose 8 life and discard 3 cards.
"I would not take such power upon myself, for I know at what price it comes" -- Freed Soulthief

Soulthief's Carapace 20
Artifact
Whenever a creature is put into the graveyard from play, add 12 to your mana pool.
10, T: target player loses 4 life and sacrifices a creature.
If <This> is untapped at the end of your turn, sacrifice all permanents that you control.
"It hurts to put on, it kills to take off. So what if it can give you the power to split worlds?" -- Freed Soulthief

M

MrXarvox

Soulthieves' Palace 30
Artifact
Southieves' palace comes into play tapped.
T, pay 40 life: target player loses all their life.
If Soulthieves' palace is tapped at end of turn, pay 40 life.

---------

Kraken'saill 2WBR
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gains:
+2/+0 and first strike.
All creatures blocking or blocked by this creature are destroyed at end of combat.
When this creature attacks, all other attacking creatures get +1/+1.

Explosi-fish 1UR
Summon Merfolk
Sacrifice Explosi-fish, it deals 2 damage to target creature or player and you draw a card.
1/1

Escaped Ferris Wheel 8
Artifact creature
Trample
When Escaped Ferris Wheel comes into play, all creatures target opponent controls gain "this creature cannot block" until end of turn.
7/7

Song without a tune 1UU
Enchantment
Discard a card: target player may not attack this turn.

Ooh and Ahh, repectively 3U
Instant
Put two sarcasm tokens into play. These tokens have "sacrifice <this>: counter target spell".

Nature's harmonic 4-day time cube 4
Enchant world
No cards may be played unless they have a '4' or a number which is a multiple of 4 somewhere on the card.
T: kill evil word god, demand bad grammar and spelling used in academic time cube debate.
"eh... cubes have 6 sides, not 4..."
Time Cube

Bloody hilarious!

Paranoia 2BB
Enchantment
Opponent may not play any instants or sorceries unless they control a creature.
"Blorg, check outside will you? I think there's someone out there"