MBC Multiplayer

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

Okay, if you are playing chaos, then it hardly gets better than this build.
3x Syphon Mind
4x Syphon Soul
3x Innocent Blood
2x Barter in Blood
2x Damnation
3x Kokusho The Evening Star
3x Subversion
2x Nezumi Graverobber
1x Chainer, Dementia master
2x Braids, Dementia Summoner
4x Dark Ritual
2x Corrupt
3x Drain Life
20x Swamp
4x Cabal Coffers.
1x Plague Wind
1x Decree of Pain

I play a version of this deck, and in Multiplayer, it's hardly beatable. Even when all five guys team up on you, subversion, syphon soul, and Kokusho hold your life total at insane hights, and creatures are obviously no problem.
Try it!

MVP: Syphon Mind. Who doesn't love drawing 6 cards for four mana?
Oh, and I built this deck around the guidelines from the ferret. Thanks for writing that article on www.magicthegathering.com. It really helped me make a deck that ensures that nobody who knows me will ever play chaos against me again.

Killer Joe

Your MBC is an interesting build. The one I play for Multiplayer is similar but is totally creatureless which makes it vulnerable. If you took out all of your creatures and added the full 4 count of your spells then that'd be close to mine. I like the graverobbers though, nice touch, I just might those alone for creatures. :)

B

Budget Player Cadet

Yeah, you're right about that, 'cause of corrupt. I also considered nightmare.
Other dude with the reply? You really should get some kokushos, they are just simply the bomb in multiplayer. I added the graverobbers just so that I could sac them again and again to barter in blood, innocent blood, or braids. a few good rounds like that, and BOOM!

M

Modus Pwnens

I have a different monoblack control deck, which is creatureless, based on Pox and his little brother Smallpox. Here's the list:

Mana:
19x Swamp
1x Chrome Mox
2x Mind Stone
1x Sol Ring
1x Mox Diamond
3x Crucible of Worlds (not really mana, but you get the idea)

Kill
4x Phyrexian Totem

Tutors
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Demonic Tutor

Mass Removal
2x Damnation
1x Mutilate
3x Innocent Blood
3x Pox
4x Smallpox
2x Death Cloud

Other
4x Syphon Soul
4x Syphon Mind
4x Leyline of the Void

I'm no longer allowed to play this deck, since it is able to dominate a multiplayer game, regardless of the number of people involved.. I love it :D

B

Budget Player Cadet

Yeah, that's a wicked decklist. I considered using both pox and Death Cloud, they serve well. I definitely heard about the Pox Chaos deck, and I know that it's awesome. Great decklist, dude. Do you know where someone like me (the name isn't just a name, you know) could get a Mox card? Or a Sol Ring? Thanx.