Massive Blue, the bigger, happier cousin of Big Blue.

G

GLAY

okay, first of all, i'm sure that i'm not the first person to come up with this idea. first person in my town, maybe, but, well, whatever. The idea is thus: have more than one player... draw off the same deck.

all the joy of playing blue control on blue control in one big, happy pile. the fun only expands with the more people that play.

this format has become quite popular where i play cards... at least five times a day, i get people asking to play one of my huge decks. huge blue is the most popular.

it's interesting to play, as a few cards become, well, different. most notably memory lapse and brainstorm.

the deck has all the fun that any blue deck hs ever had. there's a bit of a fast artifact deck in it through the use of mana vaults, tinker, and the likes of tika's dragon and tolarian academy. there's more "gain control of target X" than you can shake a stick at, and there's a new fun combo discovered in the deck almost every day. (one of the most recent being the discovery of the amazing synergy of psychic vortex and library of leng- discard to the top of the library and allow your opponents to draw nothing but land!)

my big deck consists of, i believe, 300+ cards. unfortunately, i lack the attention span to actually type up a list of all of them. just letting you all know about the current popular passtime that i've been engaging in.

K

K1

There are two other formats that I know of that draw off the same deck. They're good for variety, and quite fun. If you liked playing the varient you devised, you probably will like these.

1. *Unsure of name*

Take a big stack of cards. Usually, we pull together all the leftover stuff after a draft. Remove the lands.

Shuffle the big pile. This becomes the common library. Each person draws five cards as their initial hand. How do you pay for spells without land? Each card may either be played normally, or it can be played face down as a land that produces 1 mana of any color. Spells that affect any type of land thus affect all such lands, kinda like a 5 color dual.

The graveyard is also one big pile and is shared, and the maximum hand size before discard is 7.

2. *Unsure of name*

This type is broken for the people with good memory/more play experience. :) Its basically the same as the varient #1, except you can play spells as ANY SPELL WITH THE SAME CASTING COST. Thus, you an play a unsummon as a dark ritual, a serra angel as a treachery etc. Gets pretty crazy!

D

Duel

Mental magic is sort of similar. Each land is a card from your hand put face down, and has the ability "0: this land becomes any basic land until end of turn"

And the spells must be exact cc. So a unsummon couldn't be a dark ritual, but could be an annul. And only one of each spell played per game. Doesn't matter if it's bounced back or countered or not.

Z

Zadok001

Oh, Mental Magic rules... :) There is almost _no_ luck of the draw involved. It's all skill and memory. Utmost sweet...

K1, I believe the casting costs must actually be _indentical_ in every respect, as Duel said. Thus, no one ever casts Rushwood Elemental. :) (Although I've always wanted to play with Sliver Queen, just so I could drop a 1997 World Champion... :) )

"You have a 1W card in your hand and your opponent just Blazed you for 12. You cast the spell and win. :)"

G

Griffith_se

Is it Reverse Damage? No, Thats 1WW. Umm.... No idea.

[Edited by Griffith_se on August 17th, 2000 at 06:22 AM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Without "cheating" and looking it up, I think it's a spell from Mirage or Visions that turns any red damage spell back on the caster... Darn it, I have the picture of it in my head, it's some rider on a horse. It also has one for black called Shadowbane, but I can't remember the red one...

K

K1

Umm. Whups! Me=Dumb.

I thought unsummon was U to cast. But your right, has to be exact casting cost. The varient I was taught did use the lands being 5c lands, but the 0:becomes any basic land makes more sense.

Land hosers were just brutal the 5c land way. Sanctimony and such was basically game over, so we removed all the land hosers as well as the land eventually :)

D

Duel

Just goes to show that if you don't do anything, someone else will do your work for you...